“Just as good the second time!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Maingate East

Comfort Suites Maingate East
Ranked #5 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Just as good the second time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed at the comfort suites last year and had a wonderful time, so much so that we booked again for February this year. The hotel staff in general are amazingly helpful, the rooms are clean and the breakfast is plentiful so you can fill up before hitting the parks! What made the real difference for us is the extra space in the rooms, my daughter is only 6 so goes to bed long before me. the sitting room area was just perfect as I could get her settled send then play on my iPad! The only down side is that wifi connection is patchy to say the least. However the rooms are quiet, the pool and hot tub are lovely (actually a bit hot) and it's in a great central area by which to get about. It's only 10 minutes to disney and 15 minutes to universal. There are also washers and dryers on every floor so whilst I don't like the thought of doing laundry on holiday at least I was able to wash our clothes so didn't need to bring so much with me. We enjoyed our stay so much that I have just booked to go back again next February!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are a bit quieter and have a wonderful view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank emily f

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Pulaski, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

This hotel has always been a favorite of ours while vacationing in Florida. We booked through Kayak in January for our April vacation. I brought our confirmation e-mail from Kayak and was prepared while checking in. Conroy at the front desk was extremely rude to me upon check in because I failed to provide a voucher even after explaining that I didn't have one. I only had the email from Kayak. He could bring up our reservation on the computer but wasn't satisfied. He was upset because we booked through the internet and not Choice Hotel. Despite the rough start this hotel is amazing and the breakfast is the best we have ever had. Alla the maid was great and the room always was cleaned and looked amazing. The grounds were well kept and I loved that we could go to Old Town and walk around every evening. It still remains one of my favorite hotels.

2 Thank spoonrice
ComfortSuitesFL, General Manager at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for staying with us again on your recent return visit to our area.

I apologize for my staff's rudeness and will address this. Glad that things improved after check-in and that Alla did a great job cleaning your room and you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast.

I applreciate that you still consider our property one of your favorites.

Hope to see you again soon>
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was fortunate enough to travel to Orlando for business in February, and was offered a stay at the Swan and Dolphin, but having stayed there before and finding it big, imposing, and impersonal, and I therefore made my way back to the best hotel in Kissimmee. The staff were fabulous, and the facilities still as bright as ever, and the welcome back was genuine. I suggested to one of my colleagues that she stay there as she was not happy with having to share accommodation, and again she loved it, checked in within 2 minutes, room huge, and breakfast really great value for money. My wife, youngest son, and I are there in August, and really cannot wait to be welcomed back. If you want a comfortable, quiet, welcoming, and relaxing place then it is Comfort Suites, Maingate East.

Room Tip: If you want some action to see ask for a room facing Old Town, but for a picturesque view ask for a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sallen1000
ComfortSuitesFL, General Manager at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for staying with us again and taking the time to compose such a positve review about our hotel.

Glad you enjoyed our spacious room and complimentary breakfast. We look forward to your next stay in August with your family.

Once again thanks for choosing our hotel as we know there are numerous choices in lodging to select from.
Andover, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We recently stayed three nights at this hotel and were very pleased with it. We have two young children (3 and 5) and went to Disney for two days. We drove to the park due to the limited shuttles, but I did appreciate the option. Breakfast was good with a decent variety. Mickey waffles were a cute touch for my Disney-crazed kids. Front desk staff was wonderful! There was a very loud group that woke us from a dead sleep our first night (and continued with the noise for 30 minutes). I called the front desk, and they apologized and said they would contact security. They obviously talked to the group because I heard them using shushed voices after returning from the pool area. We had no issues after that. The pool was nice (heated) and a good size. I liked how it wasn't too deep for our little ones. We appreciated the restaurants and mini golf within walking distance. We normally stay at Disney resorts but were looking for a lower cost option this time around. It's not quite up to the super-high Disney resort standard, but it was a wonderful (and affordable) stay for our family. We would definitely come again.

5 Thank mamaoftwolittles
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in our area while visiting Disney World.

Glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and your children liked the Mickey Mouse waffles.

Appreciate the fact you selected our hotel over others and that you would definitely come again to our facility.

Hope to see you soon.
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We have stayed at Comfort Suites 3 times now and would stay here again. Breakfast is good and useful when you have children as you dont have to find anywhere to eat and find extra spending money for breakfast, only downside is that its quite repetative.
Rooms and hotel immaculate, the safe is extra but worth paying for piece of mind.
Free unlimited hot drinks 24hours is a good facility when you are coming in from the parks late at night.
Its close to Old Town so plenty of restaurants to eat in at night , we found Logans Roadhouse was excellent and by far our favourite.
As my husband didnt want to hire a car we found the shuttle bus went to all the parks which was great and did not have to use taxis.My only complaint would be the times of the shuttle buses, they set off too late in the morning, call at too many hotels enroute so its quite late when you arrive at the parks.

Room Tip: you dont want a room infront of the lifts as too noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank 686kmf
Thank you for staying with us again, third time, as we truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel.

Glad you and your childred enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and were also able to take advantage of the nearby restaurants.

Looking forward to serving your hospitaltiy needs again!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel two weeks ago for a weekend trip to Disney. We used the Florida rate so it was a very good value. The lobby was very clean but it does need a little up dating. We stayed on the 5th floor overlooking the park across the street. My daughter did mention the carpet in the hall had her a little unsure about staying. It was in need of a good deep cleaning. It was not dirty but there were a few stops that we felt needed attention. Upon entering the room we were very impressed. The room was very clean and nice. The beds were very comfortable and the WiFi worked perfect. I did not have any problem letting the kids walk around with no shoes. The breakfast area was nice and big. No problem finding a seat. The food was good for a free breakfast although I don't like ham for breakfast meat but that's just me. The pool area was big and the drinks at the bar good and reasonable. The only problems was my daughter kept getting bitten by bugs at the pool and we did see about four roaches in the room. The first when we first entered the room so we just over looked it. But the next morning we saw three more in the bathroom. Other than that it was a perfect stay. We would still recommend this hotel to anyone. We just hope they spray on the fifth floor and by the pool.

2 Thank Eunice67
ComfortSuitesFL, General Manager at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for staying with us again and taking the time to comment about your stay on Trip Advisor.

I apologize for the pest issue you mentioned which will definitely be addressed. Appreciate the positive comments about the room cleanliness, comfortable beds and complimentary breakfast.

We are pleased that you recommend our hotel to others and we hope to see you again.
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Nice 3 star hotel. Rooms are nice and big. Beds are comfortable.

The free breakfast is okay but the polystyrene plates are a bit off putting.

The pool was heated. Free coffee in the day is good too.

If you want to get to Disney for rope drop the hotel shuttles do not leave the hotel until 9:30am and they pick up at other hotels. There is a lynx bus stop about 5 minutes from the hotel - on the main road. You get the 56 to the magic kingdom transportation center. The bus times are every 30 minutes. Do that if you want to make rope drop. Plus there are no afternoon pick ups from Disney. So you can get the bus back whenever you want. The stop for coming back is Old Town.

It was the opposite for SeaWorld/Universal. The shuttle time was at 7:40am. Very, very early. So we got there and had to wait an hour until the park opened. This time has been changed to 8:15am now I think.

If you do want to use the hotel shuttle always check the times - the shuttle times changed half way through our stay. I only found out by accident through another guest. So check everytime you want to use it incase the times get changed throughout your stay.

The theme park ticket booth is only open from 7am until 12pm. It would be good if it could be open all day. There is a lady selling timeshares so if she says she can get you cheap tickets for SeaWorld then you have to go and visit a property.

There are no public phones so if you have a phone card then you have to walk to old town.

There is a red lobster 5 minute walk away. Dennys and Walgreens are about a 10-15 minute walk.

We paid $20 for the safe on the first day and we mistakenly thought that it would cost that for the entire 10 days. So we got a shock when we received the bill for being charged $20 a day!
Does it have to be that expensive?

Overall a nice stay and I would recommend if you are on a budget.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank julieannboo
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay and taking the time to post comments about your visit on Trip Advisor.

Your comments mention a $20 a day safe charge. We charge $2.26 a day if our guests so opt to utilize the room safe. Please contact me so I can check into this matter at 407-397-7848, ext 103.

Appreciate the positive comments about our rooms, beds, pool area and complimentary breakfast.

Gled you enjoyed your stay and that you recommend our hotel. Hope to see you again.