“great hotel and wonderfully priced”

Comfort Suites Maingate East
Ranked #4 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
South Fulton, Tennessee
“great hotel and wonderfully priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was a wonderful hotel. Our room was exceptionally clean and was kept that way throughout our entire stay. Rooms were quite large and very comfortable beds. I would definately stay here again. The most helpful staff member was Tray at the front desk. Sometimes the front desk staff wasn't as friendly as I would have liked even though they answered my questions and always was quite nice once I got their attention. Breakfast wasn't my favorite among the many Comfort Hotels I have stayed at in the past. But also in their defense this was one of the largest and busiest breakfast areas we have ever seen. Breakfast personnal was very nice. We were on the 6th floor and a tall palm tree blocked our outside view, but next time would ask to be on the 7th floor. Very very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Geeorgette S
ComfortSuitesFL, General Manager at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in our area.

Our housekeeping staff appreciates your comment about the exceptional clean room as they take a lot of pride in their work.

Glad Tray was helpful at our front desk and that you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Yet again, this hotel has exceeded expectations! Front desk was quick and friendly when checking in. The main areas of the hotel are clean, pool is sparkling (and open 24 hour!) and room is spotless. The breakfast was excellent: plenty to choose from and plenty available to eat. I will definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JadiFlick
Thank you so much for being a loyal customer of our hotel. We try hard to keep and maintain our customers and not take anyone for granted that they will just return.

Appreciate the cleanliness compliment for our staff and that our breakfast selections were more than ample.

Once again thank you for being a loyal customer and we hope to see you again soon.
Arrochar, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The rooms are large and the beds comfortable,maid service every day.The staff friendly and helpful,hotel spotlessly clean.The breakfast was okay not my type of thing,etc waffles,ltd cereals but ok to get you started in the morning.Had no trouble finding the hotel,very quiet considering a funfair type show over the road.They also had a gym and pool which was quiet we went September for two weeks.Would go to this hotel again.

Room Tip: we had a queen twin room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Carol S
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in our area and for the positive comments about our staff and hotel.

Thanks for mentioning our friendly staff and the cleanliness of our hotel as these are key areas we continually work on.

Once again thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Springfield, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Nice motel, close to Old Towne. Clean, seems well managed. Good breakfast. Only suggestion I would make is for management to make sure the front desk staff are greeting guests with a smile and an understanding that they only have a job because these guests have chosen to stay at our motel.
I hate to go to a hotel where the front desk staff act like they don't want to be there. If the front desk staff were more friendly I would rate this motel a 9.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank denn7896
ComfortSuitesFL, General Manager at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in our area.

I am sorry my front desk staff acted poorly as this is not common but I will definitely address this matter. The comments as regards cleanliness and good breakfast are appreciated.

Once again thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I used hidden for the title of my review because the hotel is NOT easy to find. It's not visible from Irlo Bronson Road and even the street sign for Florida Plaza Blvd. is not easy to see. Just remember it's right next to Old Town and that will make it much easier to find. Not being visible from the road also means there is a lot less noise than you might have if you were right on the road because the traffic can be busy during high season. They have a good rate for Florida residents and we had a nice room overlooking the pool. The breakfast buffet is free and it varied a bit from one morning to the next. The staff members there were super friendly as were the people at reception. One morning I went to breakfast and left my laptop on the bed, I left for the theme parks and forgot to put it away. When I returned later that day the laptop had not been disturbed in any way. There are a fridge and a microwave in the room which is nice if you have leftovers or like to keep some snacks on hand. If you think about parking at the attractions costing on average $15 each you can save a lot by using the hotel's free shuttle service but it doesn't run as often as we might have hoped so we didn't use it. One nice thing is that at night when you are driving back from the Disney or Epcot parks you simply look for the lights of Old Town to help guide you in the right direction. The next time I am in the area this is where I would want to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bedlammanor
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in our area. Your commentary is quite detailed and helpful for future readers of Trip Advisor reviews.

Also, thank you for the "Hidden Gem" title as since our hotel is not on the highway, we are a bit hidden but you found us and we are glad you did.

Once again thanks for staying with us and we look forward to serving your accommodation needs again.
Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Comfort Suites for four nights in September 2013 (Friday - Tuesday). I made reservations several months in advance and read the reviews weekly to be reassured that I selected a good property. The room was clean, but outdated. We did not experience any issues during our stay. I was worried that Friday and Saturday night might be loud but did not hear anything from our room any of the four nights of our stay. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. The onsite gym was small (only one treadmill, elliptical, bike and universal weight machine) but it was empty when we used it one night at 10:30 p.m. The treadmill is commercial grade and sturdy for running. The location was convenient to the Disney Parks with only a 10-15 minute drive. I don't have any complaints, but still prefer a nicer hotel with more amenities. If you are on a tight budget, this is a great hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Running_In_Vermont
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent accommodation needs in our area.

I am glad the reviews on Trip Advisor assisted you in your decision where to stay. We appreciate you commentary on our facility and how our location was convenient for your driving needs.

Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Didn't know what I was getting myself into, some of the hotels on 192 are a bit sketchy, but this one was a decent Comfort Inn. Location was great for the conference I was attending at Bonnet Creek, as well as for an excursion to Downtown Disney.
The room was clean and quiet, except for the early morning knock on the door from the maid. There was tree trimming going on the morning I checked out, so there was sawdust in the air dropping onto the cars. From what I could tell, they only covered up 1 car with sheets to protect it from debris.
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful with any questions that I had. Breakfast was the standard hot/cold buffet, nothing too impressive, but it served its purpose.
As a side note, I had no idea that Old Town was there. If I have to stay in the area again, I'll look into this hotel again and will probably wander around Old Town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank traveling_fiber_guy
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in our area and taking the time to comment on your stay.

We do have a good central location for our guests to easily drive to the various attractions and Old Town is just across the street from our hotel.

I am pleased our hotel met your overall needs and you will look into staying with us again when you return to this area.