“lovely time in a great hotel”

Comfort Suites Maingate East
Ranked #5 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed April 7, 2013

we stopped in this hotel for 2 weeks from the 21st March until the 4th April 2013. The reason for our stay was the Disney and Universal attractions, and we choose this hotel as it had free shuttled buses to the parks each day. My self, my husband and our two teenage children aged 18 and 15 were staying here. We had a Queen Suite which looked out on the front on to Old Town and the fun fair. Room consisted of two queen sized beds and a double sofa bed, small tabled area with a sink and a microwave, and bathroom with bath and shower. Rooms were cleaned daily by our lovely room maid, and free breakfast was included. This was from 7am until 10am, and there was a wide selection , from fresh fruit, cereal, eggs,ham , sausages and biscuits, waffles , selection of breads and bagels and instant porridge. Tea and coffee were available free 24 hours day, which was a big plus to be able to get a fresh coffee after a long day at the parks. Bus transport was great with friendly drivers , and you could catch a lynx bus at the top of the road for $2 each to the Disney parks if you wanted to get there or come home at different times to the hotel bus, these ran every 30 mins (no 56 bus) there was a pool and hot tub, which was clean and never too many people their at any one time. Reception staff very helpful, especially Conway. All in all great Value for money, and if you are looking for a place to stay, to visit Disney etc, this hotel does what it says on the box and more. Also I highly recommend for any UK visitors who may not know about cracker barrel restaurants to visit the one a mile right form the hotel. Excellent value for money, and a much more pleasant experience than the all you can eat buffets which are closer to the hotel.

Room Tip: it's nice to look out at Old town at night, so ask for a front room if you would like this.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kate A
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. All I can say is, fantastic! We like when we get it right. Our goal is to have every guest feel welcome and comfortable. I am so happy you were able to experience our wonderful team and enjoy your visit with us. On behalf of the entire staff we welcome you back anytime.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,129)

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to get away from the cold weather in New York and head down to Florida for a 5 day get-away. After doing thorough research in the Orlando/Kissimmee area, I stumbled upon Comfort Suites and I am extremely satisfied with my choice. Upon checking in, the staff was extremely friendly and the aura of the environment was very "tropical-esque". We reserved the deluxe king suite with two bathrooms, a bedroom, a kitchen area and a living space which was very spacious. Our view was amazing as well! We got to see the pool area with the tiki bar and the hot tub!

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. The price is great and the spaciousness of the rooms makes everything better :) I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bellla1209
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found a great place to get away from the cold. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and appreciate it when that is recognized. Next time you are in the area, we look forward to offering you the same great service.

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a good cheap and cheerful place to stay. It's spotless throughout so no complaints there. The staff are friendly and helpful. Location great for disney parks. The only criticism I had was the breakfast (served on disposable plates!) it just made the food seem low quality although from what I've seen of other American breakfasts it's probably no worse!!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Nicola A

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate your comments, both positive and constructive. It's great to hear all feedback, this tells us what we are doing right and where we can improve. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to offering you the same great service next time.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Disney World or Orlando. I found this hotel very accessible to activities we had planned. We enjoyed the free shuttle service to Disney, but only used this one of the three days to the parks. We had planned on staying longer than the last Shuttle left. I also enjoyed the 24 hour access to the pool and hot tub area, but it was too chilly for the pool. The hotel bar seemed nice, but we returned late each night to try any of the food. Since I also work at a Choice hotel, I know what to expect from Comfort Suites brands and I have to say this location exceeded my expectations. The Staff was very helpful and welcoming, from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. My room was cleaned each day, and I returned to a nice comfortable bed. I will definitely return on my next vacation to Orlando, Thanks Comfort Suites for helping make this vacation a great time!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank skyblue00
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for the great feedback. I am so pleased to hear we were able to help make your vacation great. . I am very glad you found the hotel clean and quiet, and the team here at Comfort Suites Maingate looks forward to seeing you on your next visit to Kissimmee!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was our first time staying in Kissimmee. The hotel was an excellent choice. I thought the breakfast buffet was sufficient. The hotel was clean and the service from staff was remarkable. They were always helpful when I needed assistance. I did not get a chance to visit the pool but other guests seemed to have enjoyed it. Rooms were nice sized and clean. Across the street is an amusement part that was very active. The kids actually enjoyed the attractions and rides there. It was simple but we had fun. I also enjoyed the fitness center on location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 71virgo

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. It's always nice to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stays with us. The great feedback gives potential guests a feel for what this hotel is like. I thank you for the comments about the staff and I will definitely pass those on to them! We value your patronage and hope that you will stay with us on your future trips to the Kissimmee Area.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed 14 nights during March 2013. Was not aware that this hotel is popular with American youth groups during 'Spring Break' There was a degree of noise some nights with loud voices and running up and down the corridors. Once we informed reception of the disruption, security were called to calm the excited youths down. We heard that their chaperones had words with them. After that we were not bothered by extra noise.

The location of this hotel is great. just opposite 'Old Town' with 20 or so good resturants on the door step. (walking distance). Although the hotel has a complementry shuttle bus a couple times daily to Disney World transportation centre. We also used the very reliable Lynx city bus (public) only $2 each way, ran every 30 minutes and only took 25 minutes, also ran late at night, felt very safe travelling.

The hotel offers a very good complementry buffet breakfast, cereals, fruit, waffles, muffins, eggs, ham, sausage, juice, yogurt, coffee and tea, to name but a few items.

The pool area is clean and well kept, the weather was too cold for us to use the pool though. The outside bar was inviting with a lovely bar lady, we enjoyed a couple of great cocktails.

Our room was big enough for two of us, cleaned every day, fresh towels etc. The maids were very friendly.

We plan to return to Orlando in the next couple years, would love to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Disney Hotel) but if we can't afford that, would definately stay at the Comfort Suites again.

Room Tip: High floor to have a view above the Palm trees, Room away from elevator/lift areas View of 'Ol...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mixykim
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It’s a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay and the hotels popular location here at the Comfort Suites in Kissimmee. We are located within walking distance of many dining, shopping and entertainment facilities. We provide complimentary scheduled transportation to all Walt Disney Parks, Universal Studios Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and the Local outlet shopping mall. I’m sorry for the noise you experienced from the other guests. I will be sure to have our staff monitor and address it when necessary. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Most of the hotel in the Kissimmee area in terrible shape. This Comfort Suites is amazing. Just off the Disney beat. The hotel is behind Old Town and Fun Spot. There is also a Pirates Cove mini golf in the area. You can walk to any of these. The hotel looks new. Big rooms with kitchenette. Very Comfy bed. The pool and tiki bar were a great extra. They also have a hot tub. Happy Hour prices ever day at Tiki bar. Nice touch. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was the best I have ever had in a mid priced hotel. They even had biscuits and gravy the last day! The best bang for you buck in this area! You can be on the Disney properties in less than 10 minutes. We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tfast200

Thank you for being such a loyal guest. We truly appreciate your business and the kind words you wrote regarding your visit to the Comfort Suites Maingate, we know you have many options and are grateful we are your top choice. It's always nice to hear when our guests truly enjoyed their stay and we are looking forward to seeing you in the future.