“Pleasant surprise”

Comfort Suites Maingate East
Ranked #5 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great bargain especially for Florida residents. Clean spacious suites, great breakfast, swimming pool and hot tub. Good wi fi. Attentive staff at check in and housekeeping, we needed minor fix to room fridge, 10 minutes from call. Easy drive, 5 miles, to Disney. Only inconvenience was pedestrians crossing road thru old town to get in/out.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Vincent M
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our goal is to provide guests with an enjoyable and comfortable experience during their stay. With your comments I am able to see what we are doing right, and where we can improve. It’s great to see you have enjoyed the accommodations and found the suites to be clean and spacious. We would like to welcome you back anytime!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,108)

Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband & I were attending a conference at the Gaylord Palms & stayed here 3 nights. The suite was spacious & WiFi worked OK. The large continental breakfast is one of the best - lots of choices incl. biscuits & gravy, eggs, sausage, waffles (they make them for you), etc. This is a busy hotel, but there is enough seating to handle it. The staff is friendly. Room was clean. Only negative -- 2 elevators are slow. This hotel is tucked back behind Old Town, but it wasn't noisy at this time of year. It is VERY convenient to everything & was reasonably priced. We chose it because of the good ratings & weren't disappointed. Will stay there again next year. We always try to earn our Choice Hotel points, too. Also has a 24/7 little business area where we could print off our boarding passes for our flight home.

Room Tip: Higher floor on the back side.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jeana K

On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to thank you for the wonderful review. It’s great to see you were pleased with your suite and the free deluxe hot and cold breakfast. I am happy you were able to enjoy our wonderful staff and clean rooms. I apologize for the noise created because of the heavy traffic due to our popular location. Please be assured I will be speaking with the maintenance department to insure the elevators are working properly. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I am always impressed by this hotel having been three times before, once with my ex and twice on my own, and find it a great location for travel from th uk. While it is not in the heart of I-drive or disney, it is only a matter if minutes drive to them.

The rooms have always been clean and well presented and feel very homely, even when I have been a lone traveller. The staff have always been friendly and helpful, especially in the tiki bar.

The breakfasts are second to none in my opinion and set you up for the days activities. As a virgin customer, I have reviewed many hotels and this is the only one of two to offer this I the price and gets better reviews than the other one.

Old town is a good fun place in the evening, especially with the car rallies and events. Some great restaurants nearby, but as said above, it is only minutes to the bigger areas.

The swimming pool is well presented and very pleasant to lounge by. I have not made a great use of the pool myself to swim in the past, but now fixed my weight issue, plan to use it more this time.

Booking my flights to return on the 23rd feb for the first trip of the year for two weeks. Highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Uk-dave-radiodj

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m pleased you had a great experience here at the Comfort Suites in Kissimmee. It’s great to see you found the hotel to be well presented and homey, the staff to be friendly and helpful and the breakfast to be second to none. I’m glad you were able to enjoy the pool at the hotel and the many activities nearby. We are located just 2 miles from Walt Disney World Resort and within walking distance of Old Town Entertainment, Shopping and Dining Complexes.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My elderly mother and I loved this hotel! Clean, well appointed, great breakfast, great staff, great value! I was sick the day of checkout and was concerned about meeting the checkout time deadline. We called the frontdesk to say I was unable to get out of bed at that point. They said "No Problem, we will call back at noon to see how you are feeling! There was no extra charge and we felt that they really cared. We always stay in the Choice Hotels brand and this is the best one yet! I

Room Tip: We loved our view from the sixth floor..view of woods and the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cheryl L

Thank you for the great review! It’s very nice to see that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay here at the Comfort Suites in Kissimmee. I’m happy you had the opportunity to enjoy our friendly staff, clean rooms and free deluxe hot and cold breakfast. We work hard to provide our guests with a comfortable and friendly place to stay for all of their travel needs. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed last week in November first in December arriving on Thanksgiving Day.

My wife is a KFC manager so she is extremely cleanliness conscious and when we went into the first room we were offered and she found hairs stuck to the wall of the bathroom this rating would have garnered a minus rating but Trev on reception changed the room instantly and came with to make sure the new one was up to standard. It was immaculate.

All the rooms have flat screen TV's which do have HDMI and usb ports so you can plug in a HiDef player (we took Playbooks) or a hard drive with films (we have those as well).

Kitchen facilities were good plus tea and coffee supplies were topped up constantly.

The staff were more than obliging and their attitude and friendliness would get a five star rating any time. We are normally Marriot users and they would not be out of place at the best of those.

Breakfasts were reasonable considering the price we paid for the hotel and plentiful. I have a better recipe for waffles than they use and I'll take it with next time.

There's a pool which was always immaculately clean and it faces South so you can use it all day. Comfortable sun beds and a bar. We did alternate days out and rest at the poolside. Coffee is free and plentiful 24 hours a day from the restaurant area.

One let down was the lack of actual local knowledge by the resort sales team and the reception staff of the Public Transport System. It really is a good system.

The area around the hotel?

We missed out on going into Kissimmee Old Town until the tail end of our stay which was a shame considering we love cars being shown off at their best and weekends there is a parade. We nearly missed out on a Salsa weekend with dancing in the streets.

A place to miss is the local McDonalds where the floor is clean and anything above table level is coated with dust. The local Denny's has to be the friendliest we have ever visited and we shared most of our eating time between that and Logan's. I don't think it was because we were British that we were treated more as friends than tourists.

We stuck with the water parks and Busch Gardens using the morning shuttles to go and choosing to use Lynx buses so we could return when we wanted to return, It's $2.00 for a transfer ticket which last two hours and you can go anywhere. If you don't want to drive then get the Lynx bus timetables.

Shopping (my wife's favourite hobby) was in the discount malls and we started the day after Black Friday. Considering we travelled with the minimum amount of stuff leaving the UK and two cases that were the largest allowed and came back with three maxing out our weight allowance we did not do badly and for the first and probably last time ever my wife said those words every male longs to hear, "I'm shopped out".

Will we be going back? Definitely.

Room Tip: Aim for the 5th floor and Rooms above 510. The room cleaner deserves a tip.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MannyB35
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and 5 year old stayed here in Oct 2012 and were very happy with our stay. Trey at the front desk was very helpful and had lots of advice on the best places to eat. We had a car rental, so didn't use any of the buses to Disney. Now Old Town was just plain scary. I walked around there with the family and my wife asked if we could leave. Went across for a beer by myself and just didn't feel safe. Back to the stay, we had a great, clean room. Pool area was clean, and the outdoor bar was nice to sit at.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jonathan A
Reviewed January 26, 2013

So I've stayed in this hotel twice now, and felt it was completely necessary to write another review. I stayed here in October of 2012 for Halloween Horror Nights with two of my friends, and we were nothing short of impressed. The staff is great, the location is amazing, the room is beautiful, not to mention the awesome complimentary breakfast that is served every morning. I will be going in about 4 weeks for a Disney trip with my girlfriend, and we can't wait! Hoping for another great stay, I'm sure it will be.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends