“3-Night Disney Stay”

Comfort Suites Maingate East
Ranked #5 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My family of 5 stayed here for 3 nights so that we could do a couple days at Disneyworld. Normally, we like to stay on-property when we go to Disney, but this was a quick, surprise trip that was the precursor to a week in Virginia, so we wanted something reasonably priced. I was able to use my Texas Farm Bureau member discount and got a very good rate! The location was perfect for accessing Disney easily. We had a room with two doubles and the sofabed. The room was very clean and everything looked well-maintained. We had to call maintenance to get the sofabed out because it was stuck for some reason. It was an okay bed for my son to sleep in, but it sagged at the end and definitely needed some TLC. The breakfast was good; they had eggs, sausage or ham, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, and a couple of juices to choose from. My only complaint was that they never had bacon!! While the hotel offers a shuttle to the parks, it doesn't run regularly throughout the day, so we chose to drive ourselves to the parks. Overall, this was a great hotel and I have no problem recommending it to others!

4  Thank Nancy K
Write a ReviewReviews (2,129)

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

My parents and I stayed here for our trip to Walt Disney world. Since I'm a choice employee I picked this hotel and I'm glad I did! The room was great and clean. The housekeepers were friendly and smiling. Trey at the front desk was helpful and always polite. The breakfast was wonderful too as well as the pool/spa. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Samanthalyson
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I always picks hotel with high guest ratings. And I was right about this one too. The hotel was clean in and out and even painted in bright color. The staff was helpful. And I like the hot breakfast included. It certainly worth it for the money paid.

Room Tip: Pool facing room are quieter.
3  Thank Triplover604
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Two of us stayed for two nights while visiting family nearby and going to Disney. The location is great. Right off of 192 and right across the street from Old town. There are a variety of eating places within walking distance such as Red Lobster, KFC and Checkers. Grocery and convenience stores are also very close by. The travel time is about 10 minutes to the Disney parks and very easy. Breakfast was more than continental and included scrambled eggs, Sausages, Beans, Oatmeal, Biscuits and gravy, waffles, toast/bagles, cereal, yogurt, fruit cofffee and juice. The rooms were clean and spacious. Cable lineup was impressive with about 100 channels.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Richard S
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We were driving from Iowa to Florida on Dec 7th, would have one day at the Magic Kingdom, and then needed to catch a Carnival cruise out of Tampa on Dec 10th. My wife searched reviews on her phone and came across this hotel. She called, spoke with "Manny", and reserved a room. The hotel was perfect! The rooms sleep six, two full size beds and a pull out couch. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. We paid $72.99 a night for a total of $164.96 for two nights (including taxes). There was a wonderful hot breakfast that was included with our rate. It was far better than the usual free breakfast you get at most hotels. I also was thankful that the pool and hot tub were open 24 hours a day. We were at the Magic Kingdom from 8:00 AM until midnight on Saturday. The option to come back to the hotel and soak in the hot tub was divine. The only other point worth mentioning was that the hotel sits by an amusement park and a bunch of little shops. If time had allowed, I would have loved to explore.

Room Tip: We had a room that overlooked the pool. I would ask for one of those.
4  Thank Iowafamilyofsix
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The property is a fine place to stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the rate is reasonable and the breakfast is above par for Choice Hotels properties. So why the "Terrible" rating?

In short the desk staff just gave me an answer that amounts to "Our Policy" that completely defies simple logic and that drives me insane. Here's the story:

I checked out yesterday and left my Jambox speaker in the room on top of the TV cabinet. If you don't know what a Jambox is, it's basically a speaker that allows me to listen to Pandora radio via bluetooth from my Blackberry or Ipad. It's a wonderful thing for a traveler to have and it retails for about $300 (It's worth it, I mean the sound really fills the room! Great gift idea for your loved one.)

So I checked out and my mistake I left the thing on the TV cabinet. Today I realized my error and I called the property to find out if the cleaning staff had found the item and the desk staff rather curtly informed me that I would have to call back between the hours of 8 and 4 to talk to the "lost and found" department. I replied that the item was rather pricey and could he just check for my peace of mind etc. "SIR! SIR! You need to call back between the hours of 8 and.." Yes yes I know but be reasonable here. I KNOW you are at the very building I left the damn thing. I KNOW you could just go LOOK. But you won't. It's your policy. Your policy sucks and consequently so do you. I will not recommend your hotel to anyone because of this. You thanked me for being a Diamond member when I checked in and upon check out you actually handed me a card asking me to rate your property on this website. Well here's my rating. Congrats, you suck! I am indeed a Diamond member and I've stayed 125 nights in Choice Hotels this past year. That's a LOT of business and I've been a business traveler for 8 years now and your attitude and policy makes me think I should check into a Best Western. Do not "SIR!" me. Ever. Do not cut me off when I am reasonably making such a modest request. Regardless of my standing with your rewards program you should not treat anybody like that.

Screw you and your policy. Happy Holidays.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
20  Thank Freakwentphlyer
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed for 9 nights from 26th November and the hotel was as good as the last time we stayed in 2010. This time we had a room on the 7th floor facing the rear of the hotel, which was clean, spacious and had a never ending supply of clean towels each day. This room had a kingsize bed and I could get free Wi-Fi in the room, our only complaint with being at the back was the noise generated between 7 - 7.30am when the bins (waste skips) were being emptied it was as if they tried to make as much noise as possible. There has been no change in the speed of the elevators, which are still slow and around breakfast when it is busy the wait can get to you. Breakfast is good value and lasted us all day until we went to a restaraunt around 7pm. Pool and bar area is ok but they could do with a bar inside the building as sitting outside at 9pm in December having a drink is not much fun.
All in all this is a very good hotel in a good location with lots going for it, we will stay there again the next time we visit and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple