2,270 results
All reviewsold townfun spotamusement parkdisney parksmickey wafflesapple sauceyogurtred lobsterfree breakfastpool barhot tubhard boiled eggsrooms are largechoice hotelsmagic kingdomking suitethe breakfast area
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here last year and was perfect for our needs..Right behind old town which was nice at night to walk over..best pizza place..we stayed on the 6th floor at the end of hall..quiet..breakfast was so nice and variety was good..bed was super comfy and very clean..nice and close to shopping and eaterys ..

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DoreenConlon
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My family stayed here for 14 nights and had an excellent time. The room was very large, clean and comfortable. The free wifi and breakfast was great. It was nice being based away from Disney as Old town gave you other things to do and see. Friday and Saturday nights car parade at 8.30 is a must see too. The only downside we had was the free shuttle transportation- maybe as we went slightly out of season. The shuttles in the morning were fine, you had about 3 options but you couldnt get back from anywhere until 8.30pm or 10.25pm. A 12 hour day walking around the parks is a long time! We did get a taxi on several occasions which cost 27 dollars plus tip from Magic Kingdom until we learnt that by getting a free Disney shuttle to Art of Animation resort we could get a taxi from there for just 10 dollars instead. We would definalty stay here again and can't wait for the next trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Kerianne55
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is the third time that we have stayed at this property. It is in an excellent location set back from Route 192 next to Old Town. There are many restaurants in the immediate area covering a wide range of tastes and budgets. Since our last stay two years ago, the lobby had been renovated. It is painted in very cheery Florida colors. Our room was on the 6th floor looking out the front of the hotel per my request. This gives you a great view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks. The room is very large. It had a recliner, comfortable sofa and a king sized bed. The bed was very comfortable and the room was extremely quiet at night despite being across from the elevator bank. The bathroom was very large and had a whirlpool. The setup of the whirlpool is somewhat problematic when taking a shower. The water that deflects onto the walls tends to puddle and then travel the rim of the enclosure and spill onto the floor. After one minor incident, we started putting towels around the rim as a "containment" system. As a suite, the room had a kitchen area featuring a microwave, refrigerator, sink, coffee maker and storage cabinets. The microwave and refrigerator were both very clean and worked well. The TV was a flat panel. TV channels appeared to be satellite and had a decent if not expansive selection. There was also a charging station in the room which had power and a USB charging port. In addition to WiFi there was a Cat 5 computer cable in the room. Housekeeping did an excellent job and the room was also maintained well. During our stay we had a problem with one of the two smoke detectors in the room "chirping". This indicates a weak battery. I notified the front desk and it was handled quickly. The daily free breakfast buffet had a more than satisfactory selection of items. The usual muffins, mini-donuts, cereal, juice, bread, bagels, muffins, strawberry, plain and chocolate chip waffles. The hot items rotated daily and included egg patties, sausage, ham, scrambled eggs, corned beef hash, biscuits and baked beans. There was also fresh fruit daily and fresh berries on Sunday (a treat). Sugar free syrup was available. The coffee was outstanding with a variety of flavored creamers. There is a pool, hot tub and bar in back of the hotel. Unfortunately, we were so busy at Disney that we never had time to use them. They did seem to be well maintained.

If you are looking for an outstanding value and an excellent property, this is the place to stay. We will be back here again.

Room Tip: For fireworks views, high floor facing front.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Trainman52
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 5 days and we never encountered a single issue with ANYTHING throughout our stay. Travelling with a 3 year old with special needs and a 4 year old, my husband and I expected to hit a couple of snags. This was our first major vacation with the children, and their first trip to Disney. This hotel was great. Their breakfast surpassed my expectations, we loved that the pool was open 24 hours, and we took advantage of the ticket desk downstairs in the lobby. The arcade was a bonus, and most importantly.....my room was CLEAN. We had a room that overlooked the pool, yet never had a noise issue. Our housekeeper was friendly and accommodating and the breakfast attendant offered to make Mickey Mouse waffles for each of our children (regular or flavored) each morning that we had breakfast at the hotel. The little things definitely added up, and we were quite pleased with the hotel throughout our stay. Let me clarify that I have managed an aware winning hotel property and I am really not that easy to please. I would check my family back into this hotel in a heartbeat, and wouldn't think twice about booking it again for my family's next Disney trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I brought our grandson to Kissimmee for a few days and decided to use this hotel as our base since we were not going to Disney World. We enjoyed it so much, we have stayed here 2 more times with family members. For our last trip we reserved 3 rooms and upon opening our room doold were surprised to find welcome baskets in our rooms. On our most recent trip to WDW my grandson asked if we were staying in the hotel with the Mickey Mouse waffles again. When I told him no that we were staying on Disney property, his response was that he really liked the hotel with the waffles.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family