“Ticked all the boxes”

Ranked #2 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Bristol
“Ticked all the boxes”
Reviewed September 22, 2007

Great aircon ground floor appartment was spacious and easily accomodated 5 adults in 2 beds and sofa bed. Unit had 2 baths inc jacusi and well appointed kitchen dishwasher etc. Main living room about 30 foot long with small outside deck. laundry room adjacent. 2 nice pools with loungers, and bbq's, hot tubs etc Each morning sat outside in the sunshine and ate breakfast in the shady picnic areas under thatch. Easy 25 min access to Disney, Uiversal and attractions. Restarants walking distance. Up market, quiet clean and safe, friendly staff and helpful. Timeshare reps phoned once and were acceped we were not interested as already have too many weeks !

NB blocks are 3 storey and no lifts.

• Liked — spacious and well appointed, 3 tv's !
  • Disliked — no negatives
  • Stayed September 2007
7 Thank peter191049

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Turkish first
New Hampshire
Reviewed September 13, 2007

We stayed there for 6 nights in building 11 and absolutely loved it. Perhaps we were so astounded because we originally put into Cypress Pointe for some reason when we booked a 1 bedroom Polynesian.. that place (cypress) was scary!
We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom because I assume the 1 bedrooms were not available. Upon check in we were greeted by a very nice kitchen, dining and living area. It was all very nicely appointed and seemed rather updated. We had a nice kitchen with new appliances, granite and all amenities you would beed including a blender and mixing bowls.
The master bedroom was cute, nice bright linens and window coverings. Though there was older-style furnishings, it was still wonderful. We had a really comfy chaise lounge-I want one at home now!
The master bath was HUGE. We had a jacuzzi though we didn't use it. I love the double sinks and separate shower.
The guest bedroom was a little older as far as the linens and such but still nice and adequate. The addition of a second bathroom for guests is a dream come true. We had my other half's Mother and Father visit for 2 days and it was great they could have their own space.
The pools were great, as well as the jacuzzi's. Though the jacuzzi near the office was way too hot to go into. I tried and lasted all of 30 seconds.
You have the option to pay for internet in the room, it is a separate company so don't get mad @ Poly.. it was $25 for the week or $5 a day. The lady @ the Desk (Michelle) was spectacular and told us we can just grab the office's internet for free within range. She was great at check in and told us about everything available to us on the property which I appreciate. I have been to so many hotels that just check you in, tell you which direction your room is and send you away leaving you in utter confusion. Every employee we came across, even driving by on the golf card waved to us. Everyone at the gate was very friendly as well and I love that it is a gated area. No one http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-t/01/05/89/e0/kitchen.jpg
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-t/01/05/89/e0/kitchen.jpggets in without a parking pass or guest name and info.
The location is great for all attractions. We had gone to Sea World, Universal, Islands of Adventure, and Epcot and it was all within 15 minutes or so. The whole resort is very quiet, despite the herd or elephants above us for about 4 nights of our stay. I think their rooms are adequately sound proof, but these people were just jumping up and down, running across.. we tried and tried to figure out what on Earth they could be doing.. so I do not believe it is an issue with the room.

Stayed September 2007
7 Thank chicy724
jacksonville,fl
Reviewed August 6, 2007

We just returned from a trip to Orlando, and we stayed at the Polynesian Isles resort. I got the 4day, 3 night vacation for $39.95 on Ebay. I read all the reviews here first, and didn't know what to think. I stayed in a 2br condo, which was very much like a 2br apartment. It was very spacious, full kitchen, 2 full baths, screened in porch. It was clean, and fully equipped with towels, toiled tissue, shampoo, soap, one box of laundry detergent, small bottle of dish detergent, and detergent for the dish washer.
I went with my fiance and 4 kids, 3 of which were teenagers. The kids were able to roam around freely to the pool, basketball court, and the rest of the grounds. Unfortunately, i had to view a timeshare presentation and the presenters were kind of aggressive. I had to go through 3 people to get my "no" across. All in all it was a very pleasant stay, and I would definintely stay again.

• Liked — The space and the privacy.
  • Disliked — The outdated furniture.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank darknluvley
new york
Reviewed August 5, 2007

I checked in everything was smooth front desk helped me with majority of my ?'s.my room was not clean and they actually gave me guff about it specially some guy named anthony he was a real jerk! and he was yelling and cursing at his workers in front of me i told him i could wait and there was no need to react that way but he kept on. Happy workers lead to a better service at a resort and the workers there dont look happy. kinda run like a slave ship one worker told me room are big but the supervisors suck.

• Liked — Front desk
  • Disliked — Housekeeping
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13 Thank megaldon
Lansdowne, Pa
Reviewed June 26, 2007

My family and I just returned from the Polynesian Isles Resort on June 25, 2007. When we arrived at the resort at 3:30 pm. their was no rooms clean for us to check into. I had to leave my cell phone number at the front desk to call when a room was completely cleaned and ready for us. Ten minutes later I received a call that our room was ready. The room was okay but they said we would have a jaccuzzi but we didn't. Their are two pools and 4 spa tubs, the pools are quite small but the kids loved to swim in them. The spa tubs were so hot the water was unbearable. We had to just chalk it up and make the best of our stay. The ladies at the front desk were very courteous and helpful at all times. This is a timeshare resort, not one that I own but one that I was touring. It has no stores on the premises and no activities for adults. No swim up bar or nothing of the sort on the grounds. Activities are scheduled throughtout the day for the children for a nominal fee. Most places include this with your stay as you have already paid to stay and play. We had a good time but I do not recommend this place and will not be going back.

• Liked — the 2 story villa's size
  • Disliked — lack of amenities
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family