“Week in Orlando”

Ranked #2 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Sanibel, FL
“Week in Orlando”
Reviewed February 10, 2010

The condo was spacious and updated furnishings/bathrooms. Kitchen was older, but certainly fine. My request to be on the first floor was not honored nor did the front desk seem to have recevied the voicemail or the email I had sent. It's a bit confusing because evidently the front desk is Diamond Resort, but the property is managed by another company. I had to keep contacting one or the other depending upon what the question was. They did offer complimentary newspaper each morning.

As I had planned on doing work while I was there, the biggest disappointment was that there was no internet availability in the condo. I had to spend hours each day in the clubhouse to access the wireless internet. At 8 PM, it closed and I had to sit outside to use the wireless internet. I would not have booked this property had I known I would not high speed internet available in the condo. However, if this is not important, the property was fine.

This location was near many restaurants and shopping. I would not return here unless they had internet in the condos.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank sanibeltravler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Turkish first
Missouri
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We stayed at this resort for about 5 days. I found this online at an excellent price.
We were a little nervous at first. My husband was on business and was in Orlando before we arrived. He went to the Polynesian to see the resort in advance. He tried to get into a room but was told that was not their policy. Most places in Orlando are happy to let you see their resort if it is not fully occupied. He took us by the resort when we arrived and my first reaction was that it looked like an apartment complex. Not the mega structures you see in Orlando but we had booked it and were hoping for the best.
We checked in with a wonderful lady at the front desk. My husband did say that when he called the resort that he was not impressed with the people on the phone so it was a nice surprise to be checked in by someone nice. She gave us a room on the second floor of a two floor building. We went up and crossed our fingers.
We were very surprised and happy with what we saw. The condo was very large. Nice, full kitchen, washer and dryer, big master with a very nice updated bath (no large tub in the master but a really nice shower). Second bedroom with 2 twin beds (no T.V. in second bedroom). Full second bath also updated with a tub/shower combo.
Living room was nice and very clean. Dining room table was set like guests were coming for dinner.
All the dishes, utensils, pots and pans were nice. We also had a welcome pack in the room with coffee, laundry soap etc... Most resorts do not provide this.
The resort seemed empty during our time there. We had the pool all to ourselves and it was just a very peaceful place to be. We didn't miss all the bar activity by the pool or having a resort so packed with families it was hard to hear yourself.
We hope to be able to visit again soon.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank pinky0208
Ohio
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I was very surprised how nice it was. We had a two bedroom unit, it was very clean, things had been updated, new beds which were very comfortable. Kitchen and bathrooms had been updated. Everyone was very friendly. Would go back anytime. Only things in our unit not updated were the televisions.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank marice755
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed November 7, 2009

I shared this unit with my parents (the were there about three days longer than me) and we really loved it! The place was huge and well laid-out, both bedrooms had large baths attached, the kitchen and living room areas were spacious and the decor throughout was very nice and of good quality. We were on the ground floor and the landscaping was very well done. There are hot tubs hidden around the grounds and we had one right around the corner. The "Polynesian" decor throughout the resort consists of a few leaf-thatched roofs and tropical motifs, which makes it kind of fun and a little different from the ordinary. It's no Disney's Polynesian Resort, but it was quite nice in it's own regard. The master bedroom had a chaise lounge and an alarm clock radio that you can hook your ipod to (which was nice--I needed to charge mine.) On the whole, I'd love to stay here again. The grounds are nice and I don't remember being harassed by sales people. I was at Disney a lot anyway, and this is a good location to get to Disney quickly. A great trip overall! I highly recommend it, it felt quieter and off the beaten path than other places I've stayed.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank pantsonfire99
Richmond VA
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We enjoyed our stay, it was not crowded and very relaxing. We were on the first floor in the 2story units. The unit was probably about 1600sq ft, very large. I believe the bathrooms have been renovated, but not tne kitchen. The kitchen had everything you could want even an ice maker in the refridgerator. After an exhausying day at Disney or Universal, it was great to come back and fix a nice meal and relax. We also had a washer/dryer in the unit.

The staff were always willing to answer questions and help in anyway. Everyone always said hello with a big smile. This resort does have a few activies, but if you have young
children and want a more active time this might not be the best choice. For what we wanted it was perfect!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank daggot
Augusta, GA
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We recently stayed at the Polynesian Isles Resort on September 13-20 in a two bedroom villa. The lobby area was charming and the staff was very friendly. The outer appearance of the units appeared older however the landscape was beautiful. The first issue we had was that the key card did not work after two trips to the front desk to rekey the card; the maintenance man had to let us in the unit and fix the issue with the lock. The unit was spacious and appeared to have everything we needed to have a comfortable stay. Once I entered the master bathroom I noticed a dead roach on the floor. When I lifted the toilet seat I noticed that housekeeping did not clean the bathroom…there was a nasty ring around the toilet seat and lid. We cleaned the bathroom ourselves. There are three televisions in the unit; one in each bedroom and the living room the downside here is that the cable connection was fuzzy. Once we had our first meal in the unit we noticed that the dishwasher was broken. We hand-washed all of our dishes this was not a problem. After reading the checkout procedures I realized that housekeeping did the bare minimum to clean the unit. The towels, toiletries, and linen are replaced however it is the departing guest’s responsibility to clean the unit for the next guest. If any additional cleaning is necessary you will be charged for it. We liked that the resort is centrally located to Disney World and SeaWorld. There are great restaurants located near the resort as well. I think that this would be our first and last stay at the Polynesian Isles Resort.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Ireland
Reviewed August 22, 2009

This resort has pools,tubs,tennis,basketball.bbq's and all set in a relaxing setting. Very good for families however it lacks an on-site bar or refreshment area.

Only 10 mins from Disney and less than 90mins to Gulf coast.

The rooms are generous however could do with more natural light inside.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family