“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we were greeted by security on gate, check in was easy and quick, the staff are very professional. We were very impressed that our booking had been upgraded to a two bedroom apartment free of charge.

We stayed on the top floor opposite one of the two pools which also backs on to the tennis courts. Noise from neighbours was very minimal. Parking was always easy, we never had a problem with finding a space.

The apartment itself was excellent the thing that stood out for us was the size of the rooms, which were much larger than similar places we had stayed before. There is a full kitchen with every appliance & utensil you could need. You are provided with basics like washing up liquid, dishwasher powder, laundry detergent etc, & if you require more you can purchase extra from the front desk. Located in one of the cupboards is an iron and board, Hoover, extra blankets and pillows. Outside of your front door you can use your door key to access the shared washer and dryer.

The apartment has a dining area, a desk area, the lounge area that has a flat screen tv. Off of the lounge is a screened porch with a table and chairs. The main bedroom has a very large comfortable bed with flatscreen tv. The main bathroom is very spacious with double sinks, a jacuzzi tub, walk in shower and toilet.

The second bedroom and bathroom were much smaller but still nice and well equipped.

The wifi was free, but we had trouble with very slow connection speeds on a regular basis.

We used the gym which was available 24hrs and the lounge which has two computers and a printer that can be used free if charge.

The location is great, it is close to everything with a number of eateries very close by. We would definitely come back here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Dwworcester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Turkish first
Chicago
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed with my family - two kids, 11 and 15 - and another couple, in a two bedroom. The good: great value (100 per night each family), nice kitchen, well-stocked, and close to Disney. Quite a drive to Universal on I4 though - would highly recommend not using I4 north to Universal.

The neighborhood is just ok. Not a place you'll want to run or walk after dark, if you're a woman.

Security was nice to have.

The bad: It's not really a resort. It's a nice apartment complex. The pool was disappointing. In short, great value, close to Disney, but don't expect too much aside from a place to sleep and prepare a few meals. I'd recommend it though as a good value.

5 Thank CGOTRVLR
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was sent to Orlando for work, right before Christmas with a weeks notice, so DH and I decided he would come along and we would make this a working vacation of sorts. I booked our room through our RCI exchange on 12/05/2013 for arrival on 12/13/2013 for a stay of 7 nights. I needed a 2 BR unit, as a coworker would be joining me half way through the trip, which was ultimately how we ended up here. This was the only 2 BR unit available through our exchange with such a short notice.

Arrival - We arrived around 4pm, on Friday. The gate attendant had no record of our arrival and would not let us through. Seeing as how our reservation was in a carryon bag, in the trunk of the rental car - we offered to get it. Rather than let us pull to the side and let other traffic through - he held up traffic while we got out, dug through the carryon and found the print out. Even then, he questioned our reservation. We went to the lobby expecting trouble with our reservation - but the check in desk had our reservation in the system, and checked us in - no questions asked. We were sent to the concierge desk for the usual attempt at scheduling us for a timeshare presentation - but as soon as I told her I was there for work, she handed us our bag of maps and sent us on our way.

Accommodations - We were in room 714 - on the first floor of building 7. The room itself was immaculately cleaned. We found no problems with the cleanliness of the unit. The unit was dark. Lighting was limited, and being on the first floor - with a garden view - there was no sunshine in the unit. That was a little depressing. As other reviewers have said - the furnishings were worn and could be updated. The carpets were very worn with a few spots, but nothing too awful. The bathrooms and kitchen seem to have been updated recently - with granite counters, newer cabinets and very clean appliances, tile, etc. This definitely didn't go with the furnishings throughout the rest of the unit - but was very nice to have something updated and newer.

The location is fine, for anyone whose planning on doing all of the Disney things while there. Drive time to everything is fairly reasonable. There are plenty of places for dining in the area around 192, within a few minutes of the resort as well.

We had no problem with the wifi - for email and VPN connections for work. We successfully were able to connect iPads as well. The wifi was not so good for watching TV via the iPads, but for other day to day things was perfect for us - and at no charge was a definite bonus.

I would not hesitate to stay here again, but have stayed in other nicer condo units through our exchange in the area - so it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank LivandMarc
Santos
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Note Polynesian Isles Resort have apartments without breakfast and daily cleaning/changing of towels, etc.

We had a 2 bedroom apartment with 2 toilets / bath rooms, and we comfortably slept additional 2 kids in the living room.

The facility has a great pool area with heated pool and hot tub - our kids loooved it.

It is close to everything and it is clear to see the staff is doing their outmost to make you feel confortable. The act promtly on any issues; we e.g. had a toaster that only worked partially and 3 minutes after our call to the front desk we had a new one delivered to our door. Likewise we were a little late on check-out and had a friendly call asking if we needed any assistance (rather than a rude order to get out now).

Downsides are a little old interior (kitchen and bath rooms could do with a little refurbishment) and apartments' design allow were little day light to enter.

I would return ....

1 Thank Viking-on-the-move
Asheville, NC
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was hesitant to book her with my Diamond Resort points particularly when I saw the location so close to a major highway. However I was continually surprised from how friendly and warm the staff were to the room and pool. I stayed in two separate units as I visited there over two long weekend with a business trip in between. One unit was a two bedroom with a large jacuzzi tub in the master suite. The other unit was a one bedroom, newly remodeled unit which as huge and overlooked a small pond. Both units has screened in porches and were very quiet. The one bedroom did not have the jacuzzi tub. The location ended up excellent and very close to I4, one of the outlet parks, and lots of restaurants, grocery store, and shopping if you wanted to stay just a little off the beaten path. I will stay there again when in the Orlando area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank AnnieGirl50
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 3 days early December. Our unit was very nice. Clean and very well taken care of. Connie at the front desk was great and we really enjoyed coming back from Disney after a long day to relax and recover. Security at the gate was friendly and professional. Wifi was pretty bad but that's not a huge deal. Checkout was not as great of an experience as when I spoke to Connie. I felt welcomed and when I left the girl barely made eye contact and seemed like my questions were bothersome. It's a timeshare but we didn't go to the tour and they did not pressure us about it either. A few minor things but overall this place was excellent. We will definitely be going back to stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris S
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I came here with my family that was visiting from Colombia, we needed a suite with room for 6 people and a kitchen so we could prepare our meals instead of going out to eat all the time. We got an amazing deal through groupon, but before I bought it I made sure to check the reviews on here.

We were not disappointed. Connie, at the front desk received me for check in. She was very helpful and welcoming, as well as the guard at the gate, and the man at the concierge. Over all we had an amazing experience.

The room was very clean, nice and spacious, it accommodated us very well. The kitchen was fully stocked with all the kitchen tools and plates and such. We even had dish soap!

I would recommend this place, and definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Monablas