“Poor training” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Poor training”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Upon arrival at the Polynesian we were ushered to the front desk by greeters with IPads. While checking in, I went to the bell hop to see if we needed to claim our luggage. He assured me it would be delivered to our room. We went for a swim and returned to our room after several hours. No luggage. It was returned to the airport. Not smiling.

Few days later, asked the bell hop how to get transportation to Downtown Disney. He said go outside, take a left, bus is right there. Followed those instructions to a greeter outside at a bus. Asked if it was heading to Downtown Disney, replied yes for a marathon. We responded that we weren't going to the marathon but she allowed us to take the bus. Wound up at a marathon unable to get to Downtown Disney. Had to return to the hotel. 1.5 hours of wasted time. After long, hot days in Disney, every person requires some relaxation. We did not find that at the Polynesian.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Beth H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Turkish first
Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I think I can only echo the views of numerous other past guests, this is a great place to stay!
The grounds are pristine, the staff very friendly and the Accomodation has everything you need.
We had a 2 bed on the top floor in block 8. This is just opposite the pool, which was usually very quite.
We had a king and queen bed, which was ideal for 2 couples.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Snowgoose20
Salyersville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was very leery about staying here just because it was so cheap and nobody I knew had ever stayed here. I looked up everything I could on this place before I went and could not find one bad thing about this resort. Let me tell you this place is WONDERFUL. The staff is SO friendly and helpful, there are all kinds of stuff to do onsite; 2 pools, plenty of hot tubs, shuffleboard, playgrounds, tennis court, etc. The kitchen has anything and everything you could possibly want if planning to stay in and cook. Having a washer and dryer in the room was awesome because I didn't have to bring any dirty clothes home with me. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath and there was 5 of us and there was plenty of room. I just really cant say enough good things about this resort. The location is also perfect, close to stores and restaurants, we were going to ESPN Wide World of Sports complex and it only took us not even 10 min to drive there. I would and have recommended this place to all my friends and family that are thinking of coming to Florida. You definitely would not regret staying here and we will for sure be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Map51773
Tampa, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Spent three nights at this great resort and could be any happier. Had four adults and two toddlers and there was room to spare. The condo was in great shape with granite countertops. Rooms were very clean, sheets were like new and the bathrooms were spotless. The grounds were very we'll kept and plenty of things to do. Staff was very friendly (Katie) and very helpful. Did not have to hear timeshare presentation. Location is near everything but tucked away from traffic. Defined recommend.

2 Thank JP1976
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had stayed at a different resort owned by the same company last month & really enjoyed it there. Between the friendly security guard and the 2 really nice gentlemen in the office(Steve & Julio), I was already impressed w. Polynesian Isles. Then walking into our gorgeous room I was blown away. Everything was beautiful & updated. Even though it was just my bf & I it was more than enough room. Property is pretty & location is perfect for driving to Disney & a lot of restaurants & things to do close by. Overall I'm beyond impressed & plan on staying here again.

1 Thank ChocolateMami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I will admit, I was nervous anout staying offsite for our Disney weekend. But because we just moved to FL and were buying season passes, we wanted to save money on a room.

I found this resort on hotel.com at a grest price, less than the Pop Century, and I went with it. I booked a 1 bedroom and was pleasantly upgraded to a 2 bedroom. Gary at check in was very friendly and helpful. Also I know this resort is a timeshare, but I did not feel pressured to go to a presentation or to buy into anything.

The room wasn on the 3rd floor ans it was a walk up. No problem for us. The rooms was so large! We had a king bed in 1 room and 2 twins in the other. Yhe master bath had a Jacuzzi tub and an enclosed shower. The kitchen had all the stuff you would need and granite counter tops. If this werr on disney property it would have been a fortune.

We did not participate in any activities at the resort. But they gave us a calendar and it looked like there was a lot of stuff to do.

Lots of resaurants near by. A Krispy Kreme really close. Great to grab a breakfast before hitting the parks. And another great place to eat was KING O FALAFEL. And it really only took us 5-10 minutes to get us to the parks.

I really don't think we will stay onsite again after this trip. It was so much cheaper and so much more spacious. Which as my kids become older, bigger and stinkier, becomes more important to us.

1 Thank Teast0427
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was a great starts our Florida trip. The rooms were spotless, comfortable beds, good size rooms with a kitchenette that allowed us to stock up and cook each evening.
Two good sized pools with hot tubs adjacent. Enough to do for lazy days between parks.
Really recommend this for a family of four visiting the theme parks.

Room Tip: As these are flats, you can hear the people above, but its not a problem. If you want to avoid foots...