“horrible experience”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central
Ranked #102 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I live in Miami and I often go to Orlando. I have stayed in cheap hotels before but this was just as bad a s it gets.
I just wanted a clean room to spend one night. I was not expecting a resort or a 5 star room, specially for that price... but what we got was disgusting.
The room was smelly and I mean super smelly. It did not even look clean, the bathroom was even full of hairs. I don't think that place has ever been really cleaned. The sheets did not fit the bed. the couch was ripped... it was horrible.... and to top it all off even the water from the shower and the sink had a foul smell to it. I had to wash my teeth with bottled water and was so disgusted by the smell of the water I couldn't even take a shower.
I even went to the office to try to change the room but the one they offered was not much better. Thank God there was a Walmart really close by and bought a big can of lysol.
If you are going to Orlando don't bother with this hotel, it was really bad. The worst I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank LinaGut
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This room was an excellent value for the money. We stayed in room 324, a nice room with a king-sized bed. The room was cozy and had a desktop computer, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator and microwave both with a stainless-steel look, a sofa, and a bathroom with a shower only instead of a tub which both my boyfriend and I loved! It looked to have been recently renovated. The bed was comfortable and the coverings were up-to-date. The breakfast was minimal: a few cereal choices, juices, milk, coffee, and make-your-own-waffles. The desk staff was friendly. Our room did not get made up one day, but we left our room later, so that was more on us than her. She did bring us fresh towels though. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: No fitness center.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank OnePsychLynne
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Sleeps great and add $8.59 resort fee. Wifi works well, 2nd fl room was quiet and smelled good. They had 3 bath towels so good. The pool location is perfect for sunning and the water 1st class. Get the pool towels from checkin and as there are no coffee makers in the room get that at checkin also. We asked for a 5:15 am wake up call but by 6am there was none, so dissapointed! All carb bfast but coffee was delicious. Waffle syrup and jellies all have HFCS so need to not become a diabetic and avoid the High Fructose Corn Syrup. Parking was safe we felt and there was no other safety or room issues.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bill W
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Traveling from the Keys to the north I was looking for a hotel near the local airport of Kissimmee .Via Booking.com we found this hotel for a bargain price ($29 ex tax en fee, total $44). A large but old hotel with a variety of guest. Main priority was a room with 2 queens, breakfast and a pool, to cool down after a ride from the south with 80F+ on the thermometer. Room (420) was well equipped, even with a desktop pc. Wifi was good (4 or 5 networks were available), no drops in signal. Clean room, bathroom has been fixed recently. Funny soap support created from a small tile. Fridge seal was broken but fridge worked ok though. Bed was ok, so was the linnen. overall the room could use some maintenance on the details. Airco worked but next to it I could see through the wall... Pool is heated and a welcome way to relax after a long ride (due to traffic). Plenty parking space. An outlet is situated north of the hotel (Nike, Converse, Hurley, Beals, etc...) and also plenty shops and restaurants to grab a meal.
Breakfast is available but due to the size of the hotel you have to be lucky to not be standing in a line for the waffle iron's, coffee and other few items. There are to many guest for what is offered as breakfast. For what we've paid for the room I won't complain, I had a decent sleep, was able to use the internet and could refresh my self in the pool and bathroom. I skipped breakfast though.

Room Tip: North side is closer to the pool and small outlet centre
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Arno0571
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing the details of your most recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that in most areas we were able to meet your expectations of comfort and service. However, your notes on ways that we can improve are equally important and we appreciate the opportunity to improve upon the guest experience through honest feedback like yours. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Well, its like I always say with hotels - you get what you pay for. That being said, when you pay $30 for a hotel you cant really expect much. The check in was easy and the parking was easy so I guess that is something. The room was kinda yucky but, again, for what I paid it was as clean as I could expect. It seems to me that Kissimmee as a whole is pretty crappy. Most of the hotel in the area look cheap and run down and same goes for the type of stores in the area. It looked like the only nice areas are right next to the theme parks so stay there if you want somewhere nicer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aprilp2412

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share with us your most recent guest experience. Your feedback is very helpful in improving upon our service and accommodations and I want to assure you that our low rate is not deterrent against our ultimate goal of providing five star service to every guest at a more than reasonable and especially competitive rate. It is important to us to make sure that our guests know that we have not sacrificed quality for lower expense and we act upon the feedback of our guests to continue to strive towards a five star guest experience for each person who visits our establishment. We hope you will return soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

My fiancé and I were just looking for a cheap place to stay near Orlando for a night. We found this Econo Lodge and it was in a great location: plenty of restaurants, gas stations, a Wal-mart, putt putt places, and other entertainment nearby. We had pretty low expectations....as long as there were no bugs it was tolerable. The good: comfortable king bed, couch, computer in your room, great location, free wifi, free breakfast

The bad: weird smell, stains on sheets, in dire need of updating

Probably not ideal for the family but if it's just you or you and another person it's not too bad.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience with Quality Inn Easton! We are happy to hear that our accommodations exceeded your expectations in many ways and it is helpful to hear of how we can improve upon our amenities to further impress you during your next stay with us. Thank you for your thorough evaluation of our strengths and weaknesses! It is feedback like yours that leads hotels like ours to ultimate success and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed for one night. Old hotel and it looks it. Non-smoking room that you could tell had been a smoking room with a poor attempt to cover odors with perfumey room fresheners. Breakfast was bare mimimum. No real juice. If you ask for hot water for tea, the desk clerk had to take your Styrofoam cup of water to the back room to nuke it. Thank God it was one night

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Comments like yours help us to improve upon our service and amenities. We thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve upon the guest experience and we hope you'll return to see how we improve through guest feedback like yours.