“Great motel for the price”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central
Ranked #102 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Derby, United Kingdom
“Great motel for the price”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here twice and will use again , I don't know why this motel gets bad reviews iv traveled all over florida and iv stayed in some bad motels but this one is one of the best budget motels for the money , its clean and rooms are a nice size and yes I have used the heated pool there , very nice motel

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My fiancé and I were initially reluctant to come to the Econo Lodge, after reading quite a few disappointing reviews, some of which were highly concerning. We did, however, go ahead with the reservation, as it seemed to be the only option at the time. When we entered our room, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean, and so was the bathroom. We had a mini fridge and a microwave, which came in very handy, a good sized TV, and high speed free internet. All for $25/night plus hotel fees. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sophie E
Norway
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We chose this hotel as it seemd to be located fairly close to Disney. Price was quite cheap, and pictures looked OK. We were not looking for luxury, but I do expect a clean and decent room.

The presentation pictures were obviously taken when the place was new, now X years down the road, the whole place appears shabby and dodgy. Our non-smoking room reaked of smoke, and did not seem clean AT ALL. Our room had a wall-to-wall carpet that looked very suspicious. They probably routinely vacuumed the carpet, and quickly mopped the bathroom, but it has definately been cleaned properly in ages. The sheets seemd clean, but the brown blanket they put on top smelled like old sweat and smoke. Sofa and carpet had stains, door was full of hundreds of touch-marks from beeing used (and not cleaned) for a long time. It even had what seems to be ketchup stains. We booked for four persons, but only one bed was made. The second one we had to look for bedding in a drawer - and make it ourselfs.

Furthermore, when I booked the hotel online it was fully paid for and "all taxes and fees included." When I checked out they did charge me an extra 28$ for "amenities fee," for the wifi etc. "we clearly stated this on the contract you signed when checking in" they say. Sure, but not when I booked the room.

The "frosting" on our stay was when I woke up the last night with my left arm full of FLEA bites...
Nasty!

I did talk to the front desk about my concerns, but I got quickly rejected with "I should have said something before" and "we do not allow pets, so we dont have any fleas." Great. My main concern was to get as far away from this dump as possible so I left.

When I came home I wrote an e-mail to the hotel, at least to see if the manager would do anything to adress the issues. I got a incredibly RUDE email back from the manager, basicly stating that I am lying on all counts.

I do NOT recomend ANYONE to stay at this place!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank NorTraveller4018

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Lexington, NC
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This place is awful!!! I emailed choicehotels. Com about my stay. The manager emailed me back saying it wash fault because I had the do not disturb sign up( I did not) and that if I really needed clean towels the front desk "was only a few steps away". It was not and I'm disable to make things even worse. There wasps growing in the bathroom, paint peeling from the ceiling, ants on bathroom counter. I was upset with this stay to start with and then receiving a response from the general manager has made this even worse. Never will I stay here again!!!!! Our room was not touched by cleaning service until we actually found one of them our last night there because front desk didn't care.

• Stayed October 2013
6 Thank shannonoverman
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here for a week in Oct 2013. The hotel is not as horrid as many reviews here make it out to be.
I was expecting a nightmare after reading reviews (too late) after I booked it.
But it was not good.

The neighborhood was not the best, not quite scary. Still I would not want to be outside my room at night alone. The outside of the hotel looks a bit run down and shabby.

The room was strongly in need of renovation, paint chipping, mildew smell, old AC barely limping along.
It was however mostly Clean and there were no bed bugs. Well, clean aside from the mystery stain on the loveseat. (looked like blood to be honest so I laid towels down before we sat on it.)
The bed was tiny (Maybe a full size- for two adults)) and the blankets were scratchy and also too small/short. Still, they too were clean.

The pool was tiny, but I really do not know how clean or what condition because I did not use it.
There was a Dollar Tree next door, where we went to stock up on snack and water but nothing else really in walking distance. (grocery or food-wise that is)

The lobby was also too small but clean and the "Free" (but not really) Continental breakfast was a little skimpy. There were not enough places to sit some mornings and while they have signs saying that it is forbidden to take the breakfast offerings back to your room, we did twice.
Still it was sufficient, waffles, cereal, mini powdered donuts, and toast. That is really all we expected or wanted considering the cost of the hotel.
The coffee was FOUL. The billboard out side advertises Starbucks coffee and it is not exactly a lie. For $1.50 you are given an 8oz bottle of water and a Starbucks k-cup. I held out for real Starbucks later.
The Wi-Fi worked and there was a computer in the room, but having smartphones we did not use it much.
There was also a fridge and a microwave, both of which we did use and worked perfectly.

The "free"(not really) shuttle was a JOKE. It left once a day (7am) and came back once per night (9pm?). It stopped at a lot of hotels on the way, and although the hotel is only a 20-30 minute drive from Disney it took 95 minutes to get there the first morning. After that we took links (picks up right in front of the hotel). That was on $2 each way, ran ever 30 minutes and only took 40-50minutes to get us there and back.

I would call this hotel a "Value" but at the time I booked it I was unaware of the $9 resort fee they charges per day. (this is why I say the breakfast and shuttle are not free)
So while I got the room for $30 a night through Priceline, it was really closer to $40 and I really could have gotten a BETTER room for that $40. The hotel was worth the $30 per night I paid for it, but not a penny more.
Also they never once told me they were charging my card this money. Now I had found out from Trip Advisor in advance that this would occur, but they never mentioned it. They just charged my card. They did not even have me sign anything after.
I think that is a slightly deceptive practice.
The staff was helpful and friendly.

Overall I probably would not stay there again but do not regret my stay at all.
I think it is a matter of the level of expectations. I knew what I was going to "get what I paid for" and I pretty much did!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I loved the staff they were very friendly and helpful, I never seen a place with a desktop computer in it and it worked good. My bed was comfortable and I had a safe in the room and it was $25 a night with I think $7-8 resort fee but all in all the Continental breakfast was good and I LOVED the Price and location was great too. I will stay here again and If you looking for inexpensive and nothing fancy then this is a good place to rest your head. I will be back to visit again especially at that price when your never in your room while on vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SEBRING
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was weary from a long trip looking for a place to stay being late the choices where slim the advertise rate was not available and the room also had charges of 8.00 dollars per stay beside taxes for a shuttle to Disney whether you used it or not it also stated hot breakfast which was a hot waffle maker and some coffee in an area the could not fit more than two people at a time what a waste. The hotel was run down and looked like and old prison filled with really weird people including many that seemed to live there full time seedy and not safe at all lived through the night and bolted out of there a sap don't waste your money look to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Just keep driving there's got to be a better place and most likely not in Kissimmee