“I loved it here and it was clean and cheap!!!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central
Ranked #101 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Los Angeles, California
“I loved it here and it was clean and cheap!!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I loved the staff they were very friendly and helpful, I never seen a place with a desktop computer in it and it worked good. My bed was comfortable and I had a safe in the room and it was $25 a night with I think $7-8 resort fee but all in all the Continental breakfast was good and I LOVED the Price and location was great too. I will stay here again and If you looking for inexpensive and nothing fancy then this is a good place to rest your head. I will be back to visit again especially at that price when your never in your room while on vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
SEBRING
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was weary from a long trip looking for a place to stay being late the choices where slim the advertise rate was not available and the room also had charges of 8.00 dollars per stay beside taxes for a shuttle to Disney whether you used it or not it also stated hot breakfast which was a hot waffle maker and some coffee in an area the could not fit more than two people at a time what a waste. The hotel was run down and looked like and old prison filled with really weird people including many that seemed to live there full time seedy and not safe at all lived through the night and bolted out of there a sap don't waste your money look to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Just keep driving there's got to be a better place and most likely not in Kissimmee
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank ALFREDO P

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The worst stay so far, better stay in you car. Bad neighborhood, unprofessional service at the check in, bathroom nasty, nasty! Look like the never vacuum the carpet, wet carpe, terrible smell, a nightmare!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie A
runnemede
Reviewed July 22, 2013

the pictures on the website about this hotel does not match what I saw when I pulled up to check into this hotel for my week stay. there was an old stale, wet, musty smell when I walked in. the person at the desk to check me in was white trash! the place to eat was small and dirty, not a lot of room for people to sit and eat. I got my key card to my room aNd my room was FILTY! it smell of mold. mildew air. the sheets were dirty and stained, the carpet looked like it has not been vaccum in months. the mattress was falling apart. looked at another room the TV was cracked down the center. the box spring was 1/2 on the floor. this hotel is GREAT for drug addicts, PROSTITUTES, AND SCUMS. people with no place to live. do not even attempt to look at this place. IT IS DIRTY! had to book another hotel down the street at the quality inn. my family and I could not stay at that DISGUSTING HOTEL. my credit card company got my money back for me. the manager of the hotel would not help me . this is for low life people and druggies! do not stay here

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jennifer c
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed July 8, 2013

There was nothing fancy about this hotel, it was a bed to sleep in a decent breakfast in the morning. We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while visiting Disney. We did use the pool for a short time, nothing great as it is situated in the middle of the parking lot, it was however fairly clean. The room itself was clean, though the ac unit was extremely loud when turning on and off. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was a bonus as we did not have to spend extra before starting our day. They provide waffles, cerel, bread, mini donuts and toast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
- Affordability
- Clean enough room
- Medeocre service
- Location is good for being in Kissimmee and its relatively close to Orlando
- close by to Walmart, target, restaurants and shopping
Cons:
- Staff wants to charge me an extra $10 to check in an hour early although she said the room was available
- resort fee: really? All they have is a pool and breakfast and the charge this. I'm upset they don't just include this in the base price, oh wait, that's because they don't want you to calculate the extra cost of this if you spend x number of days here. Please take note of this typical hotel scam
- ice machines didn't work

Would I stay here again? Maybe, but I'd have to factor in the drive back and forth to Orlando where I mostly spend my vacation, especially with that resort fee.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Rystar
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Let's start with the positive aspect: they honored my reservation.

Now the negative aspect: filthy

When we entered the room, an unpleasant mushy smell hit us. I had the unfortunate idea to walk bare foot in the room and as a consequence, the soles of my feet ended up coal-black. I assume the carpet has rarely been vacuumed. I had to kill 2 healthy 1-inch cockroaches; a third managed to run away (cockroaches are gregarious insects - if you know what I mean!).

I didn't dare to have breakfast there after my encounter with the little creatures.

Don't stay there unless you're really desperate (then again you should reconsider) or unless you are running away from the authorities (then again I wouldn't recommend it — they will catch you eventually).

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family