“We liked it!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
usa
“We liked it!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Someone else who stayed at the Embassy Suites, across a side street from the plaza that has Jerusalem restaurant in it, gave this middle eastern place a good review so we decided to try it while we stayed at the Embassy. It was great to just walk a few feet to dinner and we liked it! Obviously a family run business, we felt comfortable in the relaxed atmosphere. Not many people were there on this Saturday evening, which was a little sad. The food was good, nicely presented and good portions. I was a little surprised they served pocket pita bread, although it was good...warm and soft...instead of Syrian bread but the food seemed authentic. My mother in law was of Lebanese decent and cooked some of these foods. The grape leaves were very very good, simple and delish. Hubby had the lamb sandwich and I had the Kifta kabob. Both were good but after trying his lamb, I wish I would have gotten the lamb sheesh kabob because it was so good. A wee bit too much allspice in the kifta, but was good with the garlic and tahini sauces and on the pita bread. The generous rice portion they serve is sort of a middle eastern rice-a-roni...sorry I don't remember what it's called but it's rice blended with a slightly browned macaroni.....but it was delicate and tasty, not heavily laden with salt like regular rice -a -roni. I did not see kibbee on the menu, something I was kind of in the mood for. All in all, a solid choice, if you like middle eastern food, which we do.

Visited April 2013

Winnipeg, Canada
“Tasty and Authentic Middle Eastern Food”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

As a family of four we ate twice at this small but really cool restaurant. I had read the reviews before I visited this place and every bit of this was true. They had very good portions and the price was reasonable. Good atmosphere and very good service. They also sell some imported spices in the adjoining grocery.

here is a key piece of information that I wished I had known before. They have a Friday afternoon all you can eat buffet for about $12.99 and guess what, we saw all local people of middle eastern decent lining up. The locals rated the facility top notch. The buffet starts at around 2-15ish and so bite the bullet for a while and then feast my friends..

1 Thank Tunkubaba
Palmetto, Florida
“Very Relaxed Place With Good Food”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Good Middle Eastern food in a relaxed atmosphere away from the touristy stuff. Enjoyed the Middle Eastern music while we ate. Our meal was reasonably priced and well prepared. Service was pleasant and efficient. Food seemed to be authentic.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We decided to try Jerusalem after reading other reviews and we weren't disappointed. We struggled to find it at first, it's on the corner of Vineland & the 192 just behind Taco Bell & the sign outside says Falafel & Kebabs. Mezze starter was great would definitely recommend this restaurant!

• Visited April 2013
Minnesota City, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We'll be back! Delicious!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Read about this restaurant on trip advisor and happened upon it. Lots to choose from on the menu but the hostess was extremely friendly and helpful in choosing items for carry out. All the food was delicious, authentic atmosphere. Hummus is a must try. Mmmmmm... Here's the kicker - as I walked out the door I noticed the sign stating they closed at 11pm. It was 11:15pm and I was only inside for 10 minutes. Excellent service. We will definitely go back again... with our three little ones.