1,108 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 9, 2009

I don't even know where to begin. Our first clue should have been, when we walked in, the guy behind the desk was combing his hair while waiting on customers. They put us all the way in the back of the hotel, even though we asked to be near the pool. When asked to be switched they told us NO. Our AC didn't work, neither did out Fridge. When we woke up the next day, My mother in the next room found VOMIT..yes VOMIT alll over her curtains. When I called the front desk to have the Manager come out and look at what they put us in, I was told she was too busy. So we took the curtain down our selves and brought it up to her. The Man behind the counter did nothing!! He didn't even appoligize. NOTHING! Staff was VERY rude. I would sleep in my car before going back to a Howard Johnsons. VERY BAD customer Service. Our room looked NOTHING like online. and they didn't have any of the ammenities they said they had. Not cool!! No free ice cream for the kids, no Tiki bar, No restaurant, no nothing!
We did contact the board of health and are still waiting to hear back from them!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank smdminnie
Reviewed April 6, 2009

I would say this hotel has been bought by the Indian family that owns the restaraunt across the street. My sister and I stayed for 8 nights and had a good time. We headed the warning not to do the breakfast. And don't do breakfast at the nearest IHOP. DIRTY! But the IHOP a little further west down the strip was great!
Yes the hotel is old! If you live in a house built before 1960 or paid less than $250,000 this hotel will not bother you at all. No bugs, which I can't say for my own home built in 1928. Newer carpet. Light fixtures needed time to warm before coming on. Shower head was low even for me at 5'3". Our electronic lock died and had to be replaced. Temp dropped one night where we tried to turn the heat on and it STUNK from not having been used. But the pool was fine. We used it twice. The place was not too crowded. Was dissapointed that the bar doesn't open until June. It was quiet in our room. The room was cleaned every day. The staff was polite. Bed was extra firm and we both had a tough time with that first few days. The room was very small but spent very little time there so we were fine. I would stay there again, but we bought into a time share.
I've stayed in old Raddison's that had some of the same problems. Not good for people trying to do Disney. Just as I wouldn't say my house is a 5 star, more like a 3 because it's old and needs fixing, I would say the same for this hotel. I felt comfortable there as did my sister.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TrinityHunter
Reviewed March 30, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and booked it as a package because it was one of the cheaper ones. It offered a free shuttle to Disney, however the departure times for the shuttle were very limited. We were expecting more regular departures, but there were only two options: to leave very early in the morning or much later at around noon. And same thing for getting back to the hotel. And it took at least an hour to get there and back with stopping at all the other hotels that the shuttle served.

This is definitely a budget motel. The walls are paper thin so you can hear everything going on in the rooms beside you. The towels they gave us every day were stained. This place really needs to do some replacing of their amenities. Stay somewhere else if you can.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2009

First DO NOT ORDER FROM ROMANOS PIZZA- Ripoff and horrible!!

Ok so, after reading the reviews I was going to cancel -glad I didn't! We went (me &husband, 12, 5 and infant) We stayed for one week.
Great rooms, Awesome pool! Clean. I did not see any bugs in the rooms. The maids cleaned our room everyday. Staff was great. Close to the parks. Very quiet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jen2697
Reviewed March 11, 2009

hotel was ok but didnt like when we checked in resort fee of 2.50 per room they take 30 dollars off your credit card incase u have extra charges say their going to put it back in 3-5 days when u check other than checking in hotel is a nice place 2 stay with kids

Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family