“bugs everywhere”

Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL
Ranked #124 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
St. Louis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Bugs roaches and ants in the room. Hair that's not mine on the sheets and floor and sink a big water puddle outside the door to slipon no elevator to carry luggage. The pool is filthy with hair and dirt floating. Most of the guest live here and get the lower level and have all their friends take up the parking spaces. I do not recomend this hotel and breakfast is 6$ a person may as well go to dennys and get a server.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank silentrage
Mrr R, General Manager at Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Silentrage:

We would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.

We have made several changes since your recent stay and We have look into each issue that you have noted in an attempt to correct and improve our overall Hotel guest experience. Please feel free to email me to further discuss your most recent experience.

Regards,
Mary Rivera
Antioch, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

To Whom it may Concern, I recently stayed at your property Howard Johnson Enchanted Land located at 4985 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy., Hwy 192 / SR 535, Kissimmee, FL 34746 US Phone: (407) 396-4343 Fax: (407) 396-8998 from Monday June 23rd until Sunday June 29th. Upon our arrival we were assigned room 122. The room had 2 broken lamps, a broken towel rack in the bathroom and the television didn’t work properly and the channels that did didn’t line up with the channel guide that was hiding in a desk drawer. While we were out of the room(Tuesday) I called to make sure everything had been done. I was told by the front desk that there was no ticket generated, that nothing had been done. I asked a second time for the things that were wrong to be fixed and was assured that it would be. Upon our return that night the lamps were fixed and the tv was on but the towel rack was still broken. We called yet again(3 times now) and was told it would be done. Wednesday morning I saw the manager on duty and reminded her that the towel rack was still broken(4 times now)and was assured once again it would be done. We return to our room later that day only to find the towel rack still not fixed. I decided to take a shower. When I finished I could not hang my washcloth on the towel rack as it was still broken so I put it on the shower rod which broke off the wall slicing open my finger causing loss of blood and I also slipped in the tub from the shower curtain as well as being hit by the rod. My wife called the front desk whose only concern was the room not my condition-I am handicapped with 4 screws in my back. I am lucky to walk much less take a fall when if the rack had been fixed any of the 4 times prior to my accident I would have been okay with no loss of blood. I am still not convinced there is no damage to me and I am going to get checked out by my doctor soon. The front desk told her that the shower rod could not be fixed so we would be “upgraded” to another room and keys would be waiting at the front desk. I went to pick up the keys and also was told by staff we were being “upgraded” their words not mine. We were moved to room 126. The new room was no different than the first other than the fact there was a day bed which was smaller than the trundle bed in the first room.The new room was 4985 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy., Hwy 192 / SR 535, Kissimmee, FL 34746 US
Phone: (407) 396-4343 | Fax: (407) 396-8998 the same size and there was no visible sign of an upgrade. This was a move to placate us as the move was a lateral one. About 1am Thursday morning we were awakened by the sound of what I guess were water pipes making a noise loud enough to wake everyone in the room including my 9 year old daughter. My wife recorded the sound and took the matter once again to the front desk where they said they would come to look at it. By the time they decided to show up the noise stopped and the rest of the night was quiet. I emailed my concerns over this to Howard Johnson and Mary whom I assume is the general manager got ahold of us and told us we were never upgraded to begin with which means we were lied to by at least 3 of her staff. We were told we were being moved to a “Treehouse” room (room 109) and we would be “comped” one nights stay. We were never given a choice. From Thursday night until Sunday morning there was a constant stream of people near our door. Every morning there was a dog that barked for at least 4 hours from about 5am until about 9am. Then the pool partiers took over yelling and screaming until about midnight. It was the fireworks that exploded at our door on Saturday night that caused me to question our safety but we decided just to check out early and go home. On Wednesday of the next week (July 2nd) we got one nights compensation from Mary, still not enough to compensate for the trouble and lying we encountered.

Room Tip: stay away unless you like being lied to..
1 Thank ravenrick11255
Dear ravenrick11255:

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we fall short. Per our conversation by phone we definitely will look forward to having your family back for a visit in the future. On Behalf of the Owner, Management and staff we apologize once again.

Many Blessings,
Mary Rivera

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Cedartown, Georgia, Usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is a ok hotel but not what we thought it would be. the room wasnt that bad but could have been alot better and the pool was ok but the water was always hot never cool or cold at all but it could have been the hot weather too and the water was always dirty. Im not sure if I will ever stay here again.

Room Tip: just check out your rooms some of them dont work. my mom and dad went with us and theirs didnt work...
1 Thank Lynn G
howardjohnsonenchant, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest review. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations in every way. We get hundreds of guests each month and only a few ever comment either positively or negatively, so I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I do hope that you will stay with us again. We’re always changing and improving and hope to provide an even better experience next time.

Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

the customer service here is great, they are friendly and help you with anything you need. The rooms are very spacy, and unlike most hotels they are pet friendly!! we stayed for 13 nights and it was great. Everything is literally a couple steps away. The location is always key and this hotel chose is greatly. There also a bus stop right out front and shuttles to disney and major theme parks ! so dont worry about transportation

Dear Dana R:

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our Customer service , Property & Location . Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service that our guests expect. On behalf of the Owner, Myself and Staff we all Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Kissimmee FL.
Best Regards,
Mary Rivera-GM
Boynton Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We planned on staying at this hotel for 3 nights. Upon arriving, the customer service was very nice however, the rooms are disgusting. It reeked of cigarettes smoke and there were bugs everywhere. The fridge did not work, the chairs were falling apart. The walls were yellow and the carpets were wet. We asked for a different room and we were promised a newer more updated room. Well.....it was not, it did not smell of cigarettes but the walls, bugs, and wet carpet was still an issue. We asked for our money back and went somewhere else.

This hotel should shut down and rebuild!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay there
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank renna006
Dear Guest,

We strongly reject any suggestion of insects in our hotel, but we accept your decision to stay somewhere else if you prefer. We understand that no hotel is for everyone. Still, dozens of people every week are satisfied with their experience here, and I apologize that we could not satisfy you in this case.

norwich
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have never stayed in such a dirty nasty hotel in my life. Roaches. Dirty bathroom.smells. would not recommend. Mangagement stinks. Will never stay there again and will warn others about the shotty service.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank codie0525
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. While we must contest your assertion that there is an insect issue at this hotel, we understand if you choose not to stay with us again. We satisfy many guests every week, but we know we can’t satisfy everyone in every case. Still, we will continue to strive for 100 percent satisfaction in as many cases as possible.