1,108 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Based on my Son and family's experience, I would NOT choose this hotel to stay in even for 1 night. They purchased a vacation package thru VacationsMadeEasy.Com. was supposed to stay 5 nights. After 1st night of worrying about roaches crawling over their 7 year old and 3 month old, made the decision to check out. Hotel still charged them for an extra night. The room and bath was dirty and musty! The Health Dept will be notified of the conditions. If there's roaches in the rooms, there's got to be roaches in the Restaurant!! Vacations Made Easy was of no help. Vacation ruined as all $$ tied up here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
howardjohnsonenchant, Webmaster at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

I’m very sorry you had a bad experience and a billing issue. I hope we were able to correct the billing problem for you quickly. We take pride in providing a clean, pleasant experience and like to know when we fall short. We’re taking actions now to make our property better than ever. Again, we apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our family was looking for a value hotel to rely on for frequent stays as we take advantage of our annual passes. My wife was nervous because of the low cost of the hotel but her first inspection of the room was ok so we gave it a shot. The rooms have not been updated in a while but were fine, I don't need an HDTV on my vacation personally. However on our second night we found and killed 6 roaches in the bathroom areas coming in and out of the baseboards. I think with a more thorough cleaning and extermination this hotel would still be a good stay but I think I will have a hard time convincing my wife to allow me to book this property again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Dear Guest,

Thanks for recognizing that we were a diamond in the rough at the time of your stay. We have recently taken action to clean and improve our property. We hope you’ll stay with us again, but we’re very sorry we did not completely meet your expectations in this case.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Yes I did get what i payed for, but I wished their worn out sheets were free from holes and discoloration. I was apprehensive about their sheets and requested newer ones. I stripped the bed and remade them. I hated the bathroom because it was so tiny that I felt claustrophobic. The internet only worked in the lobby area and there was a power outage for a few hours. Poor guest services, for instance, I called for a service and had to call back a few hours later...yes a few hours later. It appeared that it was a family owned and run establishment. I once asked for a garbage liner during housekeeping rounds and was given a used one that was obviously removed from another garbage bin. The highlight of my stay was the location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for saying that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed our location, but your stay sounds less than ideal. Be assured that we are working now to correct some of the issues you mentioned. While we’re pleased to meet expectations, we’d like to exceed them in every case, and we’re sorry we did not exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This property overall is rundown. No elevators, my refrigerator was dirty, outdated tube television with poor reception, moldy smell...housekeeping wouldn't even come into my room. They stood at the door and made me bring them dirty towels and handed me things. I asked for toothpaste and they said they don't carry that. I've never been to a hotel that didn't have toothpaste!! The bathroom shower curtain rod was hanging. There was toilet paper stuffed into the wall to hold up the rod. I was never told about breakfast or any amenities. Please just renovate the property and restaff ASAP

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
1  Thank B B

Dear Guest,

We’re working every day to make this property better, and we have refreshed and improved many aspects of this property since your stay. I hope you’ll stay with us again and see how we’ve changed, but I apologize that your expectations were not completely met this time.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

It is a one or two night place. Rooms look old, TV works with some channels. Bathtub and toilet are noisy, and moldy. I know it is not a Hilton, but this Hotel chain can be upgraded. If you stay close to the back, be prepared to experience loud noise in the morning from the garbage truck going back and forward.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends