“great deal & enjoyed very much!”

Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL
Ranked #122 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed July 3, 2013

surprised to read so many poor reviews. we must've lucked out during our stay, Wednesday, May 22, 2013! bid booked for only $20 from Priceline! arrived fairly late at night. greeted by a very nice gentleman at front desk. very inexpensive sur-charge, as sometimes rooms cost additional $ upon arrival per night. we requested a King bed instead of the double room we were booked in. he surprised us by accomodating! room conveniently located, spacious, & clean. a/c wasn't ice cold, but comfortable enough. bed was SUPER comphy! got an incredible night's rest! didn't use any of the amenities during our short stay, but the pool looked nice enough. had a great location to shops & restaurants. & was less than a 10min drive to WDW (east entrance, near Epcot, etc.)
we usually take our chances & book Orlando stays via Priceline. this has to be one of our top 2 faves we've stayed & hope to again some day! :)

Room Tip: we stayed in a King room on the first floor. if you're looking for a hotel near Epcot entrance t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tazziecat
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL

Reviewed June 22, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We booked this hotel as a stop gap just for a few nights. The front desk was ok not to shabby but ok, we only paid $30 a night we weren't expecting much! We went round to our room and opened the door, after traveling for 16hours we were desperate for a shower, this is we're the trouble began! The bathroom was repulsive, the bath was covered in what I hope was rust staines, I didn't stay long enough to double check the 5 mins we stayed was 5 mins too long The towels, pillows and duvet all had stains on them and hadn't looked like they had been cleaned from the last 5-6 uses, it was revolting. We also found mold and mildew on the pizza hut menu and the hotel information sheet. We left and went and used local wifi to find another hotel. Upon booking the new hotel we went back to "Howard Johnson's enchanted land of mold and filth" and asked for a refund where we were told we had to get in touch with the people we booked with as it was booked through a third party.I have never checked out of a hotel without unpacking my bags before, were easy going people but I sent a letter of complaint within 5 mins of leaving. I have seen cow sheds cleaner than this place.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Betty R
Reviewed June 17, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed 3 nights during the week. The pool needed chlorine and cleaning. Algae was on the sides and bottom of the pool. The outside areas had lots of trash in the common areas and parking. My electronic door card key did not work. I had to go to the office to have the desk guy let me in my room everytime I needed in. He told me the batteries needed replaced. Never happened. The refridgerator did not work. I did fix it though. Housekeeping was fine and the room although rough was what I expected for the price. It would take just a little more effort to help this hotel be more desirable to want to return. I will not.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I picked this hotel for an overnight stay out of the dozens along Rt. 192. As for the positives: The front desk clerks were polite, the room included a fridge, microwave and coffee maker, and the location was quiet and felt safe. But thats about it. Overall the entire place was dirty and grubby feeling. In my room, the walls were streaked with dirt. The carpet was damp and so dirty my feet were turning black after a few minutes. I travel frequently, that's the first time I've ever seen this.
Even the walkways were black with dirt. It was cheap at about $32 including tax and "resort fees", but there are plenty of other hotels nearby in the same price range that must be better. Unless this place gets a full cleaning and renovation, I can't recommend it

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo