“It was a very good experience. Staff was very helpful and...”

Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL
Ranked #122 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel Kissimmee FL

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Me and my children stayed over memorial weekend and It was a clean nice stay close to Disney food shopping The pool area was clean and nice all towels and sheets were stain free Yeah you can tell things are dated but for what you pay its a great deal If .If you want chocolate on you pillows your in the wrong spot

Reviewed June 3, 2013

horrible, checked in to find urine on toliet, rice on top of bed, or bed bug egg, sleep with covers over head afraid something may fall on me in middle of night, awoke up to find a roach crawling, on sink then bed bug crawling on bed , and felt itchy, and was bitten at least 40 times,called front desk to show live bug, he came in with plastic and snatched bug and got out of room, left in my night clothes to embassy suites around the corner where i should have stayed in the first place, STAY AWAY!!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I don't usually write reviews but I have to say something about this place. I reserved for Memorial Day weekend for 2 nights and just could stayed 1 night. The room was so dirty and I found 5 cockroaches in the bathroom. Linens were so used and with stains. The kids bunk beds has wires out of the walls and the mattress was on the floor ( can you imagine with cockroaches around?) I slept in a chair and my kids in the full side bed with their blankets covering them. After that I through the blankets away. The kids didn't want to stay there. The bathroom had dirty walls, like splash of some liquid. The parking area was so scary and dark. I didn't feel secure in the area. Please if you have family don't reserve just because is cheap or you couldn't find anything else in the area. I just stayed 1 night, actually 6.5 hrs. Air conditioning was good but too load. Finally, I found another hotel around much better because I decided back home on Sunday. Night cost $70 with taxes. Cheap for a terrible quality?

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I often stay in inexpensive hotels - we don't really care if some things aren't in perfect condition - that is why the hotel is the price it is! They aren't paying to fix every thing perfectly. I think that if you want something in perfect condition, you have to pay for it. I don't think this hotel deserves all of the negative reviews it has. We paid $19 a night from Priceline, plus taxes and a $2.50 resort fee (this is very standard in Orlando by Disney, I don't know why). The whole thing was about $30 out the door. The outside of the hotel looked nice, seemed to have a fresh coat of paint. Our room was clean and we did not see any bugs. There was a lizard, but hey, this is Florida! I see lizards in my own home occasionally. Nothing was dirty, the shower was pretty clean. There were two kinds of tile in the bathroom, which was a little funky, but no big deal. The sheets were clean and not threadbare. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is used to cheap motels. Don't expect a Hilton when you stay here. We stayed for one night, basically just to sleep. This is the perfect hotel for that. And, there is cable.

Also, I wanted to make a note about hotels on 192 by Disney - many, many of the hotels on 192 by Disney were built in the 1970's when Disney first opened. Some have closed, I think the others are struggling to stay open for two reasons - Disney has many more hotels now than it used to, and the hotels on I-Drive are more popular (and more expensive). Keep this in mind as you shop for your Disney hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I read the reviews for this hotel and almost didn't book it, so glad I did. I got a great deal on this hotel and I read the reviews which said it had roaches and bed bugs, so I went prepared with bug spray for both. I didn't need either of them. We got to the hotel and my husband went in first to check everywhere and nothing. Was it the cleanest place in the world, no. The nicest, no. But, when you're vacationing in Florida, you don't spend much time in the room. The pool was nice, the hot tub always hot after a long day at Universal, the desk people were friendly, and the location was pretty good. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 225, just the 2 of us, double bed with a partial wall and then a sitting area, quite la...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple