“The roach family”

Ranked #121 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Providence, Rhode Island
“The roach family”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Came down for vacation with the family, unfortunately we had to stay in this horror hotel for a week. I have met the whole roach family. ontop of the shower curtains was the baby roach, and then while i was doing my hair looking at the mirror there was momma roach and the teenage roach. One night when i arrived to my room ontop of the counter by the sink was papa roach. I called and complained and a indian guy with flip flops came to my room and offered me a different room but either way a roach could've climbed in my luggage and moved in with us again. I would not recommand this hotel for anyone. At the end of my vacation arriving back home i left all the luggages outside until the next day where i took all my clothes to gey washed and threw out my luggages (DONT WANT ANY VISITORS FROM THE HOTEL). When I came to down and paid for the room i was not aware that i would be sharing my room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
STATEN ISLAND
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel needs a total renovation. The swimming pool was dirty and the room was threadbare. Customer service could be much better. I was given a room that was either occupied or not cleaned. I was shocked, to say the least. When I was given another room, the keys didn't work, thus my third trip to the front desk.
The value and location are good, but that's about it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We checked into the hotel and got to our room and there was mold covering the lamp! There was no way we were staying in that room we asked to change room and they had no problem with that. We got to our 2nd room and there was mil along the entire top of all the walls, in the bathroom and on the carpet. The bathroom had rust all in the tub. And the ac didn't even work! Worst hotel ever!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed September 2012
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I booked this hotel for 25 dollars a night through a Travelocity Top Secret Hotel. After reading the reviews, I was more than skeptical. However, in the back of my mind, I realized people are much more likely to review a place after a poor experience than a good one, and therefore I decided to buck the trend.
My friend and I checked in for a brief two night stay for a Disney and Sea World vacation. The location is great- five miles from Disney, 15 minutes from Sea World, and with its location surrounded by tons of dining and shopping options. The room itself had fairly new furniture- less than three years old in my opinion. Additionally, there was a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. There was also WiFi that showed up on my phone, but did not attempt using it, so it is a gamble whether or not there is service. Still, not bad for a mere 25 bucks a night!
There were minor details that needed updating. The housekeeping could have done a little bit of a better job. The towels were almost sandpaper from their age. However, as the saying goes, beggars can't be choosers! For the budget option, this place was great and I would not hesitate returning!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank ekrakauer
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel is horrible,rooms and surrounding are dirty,I even found cockroaches on the bed and bathroom. the bed sheet smelled like smoke and the bathroom stained with dirt that was never removed. The carpets where so dirty that they turned my white socks black. I had to change rooms three times in the three nights I was there and they where all in the same bad condition. One night I got locked out of my room because the lock on my room door was broken and couldnt get into my room until the next day at 7:ooam would NOT recomend it

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rose B
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed Here before wasn't so bad like today After a Bust day át. The park my keys wasn't working and After go to a front desk talk to The rudest person that I met in my life they did that in purpose because they insist to Charge you $2.50 a fee / night that they beber charged me before. In my Room I paid 2 Queen Bed This doesn't even is a queen Bed , second of All I found 3 roaches in my Room , the Bed sheets i don't think they Never Change it inches my whole body! Don't come you will be so disappointed And frustrated when I said that I found roaches in my Room you know what he said you could stay in a 5 stars hotel so unprofessional !

• Stayed July 2012
Gulfport, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have no issues with an older hotel, but that is NO EXCUSE FOR IT TO BE FILTHY!!! I took my family up for the weekend and we are still itching from the dust, dirt and bugs that were found in our room! I am actually contacting the health department on this hotel!! I am highly allergic to dust and dirt!! When I couldn't breathe at 1am this morning, I went on a scavenger hunt through our room!!! We were charged almost 200.00 dollars for 2 nights. I had to take my son and mother to my uncles hotel to say because it was disgusting! I would have joined them, however we were traveling with our dog and it was the only place that I could stay with him and it wasn't even suitable for him!! I wouldn't let PIGS stay here!!!!

When I spoke with the manager upon check out, he didn't seem to care, not even apology or concern for the condition of our room!!! How sad!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family