1,108 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I booked 3 nights here while we were going to Disney World. I wish I just paid more for a better hotel.

Our first night wasn't bad. It was when we woke up getting ready for a day at Disney we found a roach on our nightstand. This was not a small roach. We killed the roach and took a picture in my blackberry phone which I no longer have unfortunately. I would've posted the image. Management was nice enough to refund our money but not the resort fee (The place is not a resort!) The manager advised they just sprayed for bugs in the last couple of days which could've caused the roach to come out.

So worked up about the roach I forgot to mention to the manager our tub was leaking. They tried to cover the bottom of the tub with a plastic. I could never figure out why there was a puddle of water next to the tub after someone showered.

We immediately checked out and stayed at a nicer location closer to Disney.

I will never stay at another Howard Johnson.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank NorraT
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed at this location for two nights last weekend. We upgraded to the Crayola room which was cute and when it was new it was probably a great room. Now the room is tired and in need of renovation, the daybed rails are falling apart and they rattle all night long, every time your child rolls over. And as a funny haha, I figured the crayola room would come with Crayons and maybe paper but that is not the case. It was nice to have a big fridge and a microwave, both of which were clean and in working condition. We made use of the laundry facilities which were reasonably priced and in good working order. The outside hot tub is delightful, nice and hot just the way that I like it. The pool is not heated and it was freezing and I would certainly say not swimmable considering even my Canadian kids would not get into it after dipping their toes. The location is good as it is handy to most anything you would ever need. Breakfast is one that you pay for and heading down the road to a $3.99 breakfast buffet is better than paying the $6 for the limited hot breakfast at this hotel. The service was good, check in was easy, efficient and friendly. Housekeeping was very good as far as we could tell, we certainly did not encounter anything that others mentioned. The hotel is not new and I am sure that plays a part in its reputation but I really felt that for the rate we paid, it was a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SoLittletime2Travel
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We visited this hotel on a whim. We were exhausted and looking for a good nights sleep before our early flight in the morning. The rooms were disgusting. Floors had not been vacuumed, the bedding was so dirty (hair & what looked to be blood) and there were bugs on the bathroom floor. After calling room service to bring us new bed sheets, we were kept up with loud noises. There is a reason it is cheap - it’s poor! I do not recommend this hotel to anyone - you're better off sleeping in your car!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I am currently stuck outside my hotel hotel room waiting for the people up front to come unlock my door. First they charged us twice because they "hadn't recieved our reservation" but then 20 minutes later when we were unpacking they call and say they got our reservation but for some reason charged us a $2.50 for their mistake. Now they say our doors battery is dead or something so no cards will work on it, so whenever we want to leave our room we either leave it cracked open or go up front and wait 15 minutes for them to come down and see we're not lieing and the keys won't work. All in all, terrible place. To add to the matter only one person speaks english it seems like and our toilet leaks water. Maybe we just got a bad room but i know i will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We were told so many lies while we were there.Before we came there we were told... A free shuttle service to disney. Not true.
There was a foul dirty odor in our room so bad we had to sleep with the sheets over our faces at night while we slept.They did not get rid of it. Hot tub broke. The carpet was nasty to walk on, had to keep my shoes on while in our room. No free breakfast. They charged an extra $5.50 each day we stayed...they said it was for incidentals.. what incidentals??

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel... you will regret it. My husband and I were very disappointed.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family