“Most disgusting Motel in Florida, AVOID this place unless you like Bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Amber Inn & Suites

Amber Inn & Suites
Ranked #84 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
new england
“Most disgusting Motel in Florida, AVOID this place unless you like Bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2010

The exterminator was leaving our room as we entered to "review" the room. Shady characters doing oil changes in the parking lot, some fruitcake riding a homemade 3-wheel motorcycle around the parking lot, and people living in the back section.
The sparkiling pool that was advertised, was dry. The motel was just not a place you want to spend with your wife or girlfriend. It's low cost is for a reason.

The front desk person promised a refund, yet following 3 months of phone calls to the Motel Manager, TM, she refused to take calls nor return calls.
AVOID this place, find another motel that wants return guests, and cares about a reputation. This manager sure doesn't !

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank tripreviewNewEngland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bridgeport, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel used to be a Travelodge. I stayed there several times with son (when he was a teenager) on our trips to Disney World. The hotel has become affiliated with the Budget Host group within the past couple of years. I had not stayed there since then because the room rates were much more than I wanted to pay (and much more than they had been when the property was a Travelodge). In April of 2009, I traveled to Florida with a friend for a vacation at Disney World. We arrived 2 days prior to our reservation at a Disney property and, since I was able to get a good rate at The Budget Host - and I was familiar with the property - I booked a room there for 2 nights. What a mistake! The place has really gone downhill. It was so bad that I called BH Corporate to complain. Aside from the condition of the physical property, it appears that there are quite a few people LIVING at the hotel. If I didn't know better, I would have actually thought that some of them were SQUATTERS. A lot of them had their doors open at all hours of the day and night and you could tell by the plants on the window sills and the PETS they had - that they were living there. There were bicycles changed to the telephone polls. They were hanging around in the lobby and on the bench in the front of the hotel - all day. I know that this is a low end property but it isn't the kind of place I would ever choose to stay. And I think their "residents" would scare away most of the tourist guests. My son and I used to like this hotel but I will NEVER EVER stay there again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

tameths
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2009

I loved the staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful. A decent clean place for the money.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — not a lot of parking
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
puerto rico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2009

You dont have to go to Universal Studios to experience Psyco, you gonna get it. We are a family with 2 kids and they got with athsma at first night. We requested non smoking room, we get a casino room. They change it but to the most fearest part of the hotel (Can you name it hotel???). They dont have extra pillows, the sink was broken and we get a pic of a huge amount of dirt behind the bed. You cant be barefoot in there. We leave early in the morning and they dont gave the refund cause, the have a dirty rules like the hotel. After all we learned that Budget host inn is shabby, worn and a city health inspector could do a great job, visiting them.

• Liked — The exit
  • Disliked — Everything, includen the oxygen
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)