“Very poorly kept hotel and secutiry issues”

Star Motel at Lakeside
Star Motel at Lakeside
Ranked #128 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Saratoga Springs, Utah
“Very poorly kept hotel and secutiry issues”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

there are many reasons I will not stay here again. Non smoking rooms smelled of smoke. Very loud until well after 10:00 because of pool. Parking lot was hangout for drunk teens and other large/scary groups. Called because no batteries in remote, no one ever came. Found old food under beds no one cleans under. You could get a tasty meal next door at Subway next to the tattoo parlor that had a drug bust in the parking lot while we were there. Not enough parking on fullhouse Saturday night.Overall i do not wish to repeat.Sorry Super 8!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tony l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I was attracted by the cheap weekly rate posted on their sign while I was staying at another value chain motel nearby, and the Super 8 reputation (I have never stayed with them before). I called to inquire and received pleasant service over the telephone but was told they don't accept reservations and to come over. But when we went to check in, I should have trusted my instincts. Jasmine handed over the key so I could "go take a look at the room". The room was fine, basic and dirty with surface dirt (spots on walls), worn spots in the carpet, silver duct tape on the dented lampshades, but overall, clean enough to stay in. I agreed to take the room and prepaid for the week. But after two hours in the room, we could not stay anymore. People were selling drugs, using drugs, partying, hanging around, making noise, dogs running around uncontrolled... and this was at 2 p.m. I was scared to hang around until nighttime, especially because I was travelling with my young son. The phone in our room did not work to call to the front desk, and the door was very insecure and looked like it could be knocked in. People walked by our second floor room almost constantly and the room was not soundproof. I decided for our safety and my sanity, to check out early. Without even staying the night.

I went to the front desk to tell them we were leaving and request a refund - I offered to pay the one night rate and wanted the rest refunded. That's when Jasmine told me about their "no refunds, no exchanges" policy and pointed it out on the sales invoice I had signed. I have never heard of a hotel with this policy and told her I was leaving due to safety concerns but she wasn't budging. I called the next morning and spoke with the General Manager, Reginald, who reiterated their no refunds/no exchanges policy but would not reveal the owner's information so I could discuss the policy and my experience with them. So now I've had to go up the ladder to Super 8 corporate customer service and we'll see if I get a refund.

Don't make the same mistake as I did. There are excellent value options along Highway 192 in Kissimmee - this is not one of them, unless you are comfortable with public drug use, profanity, and other unmannerly (and illegal) behaviours, not to mention a managerial policy designed to grab your money and hang onto it, even if you are not pleased with their service. I will not be staying at ANY Super 8 again as long as this location exists as part of their chain.

PS. The lobby was filthy, there was no continental breakfast as advertised, and if you dare to drink their coffee, you are braver than I!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Sush72

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels