“Bath houses” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Fort Myers, Florida
“Bath houses”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Bath houses are in dire need of remodel. They do not provide any benches to set your things on or bath mats in the showers. Don't forget your flip flops! There was only one hook for your towel so you have to place your bag on the nasty wet floor. The park is very nice itself and we enjoyed the pool and bar area but their sister park SUN-N-FUN in Sarasota is much cleaner, nicer and they have much more for the children to do. This park is fine if you are planning on spending your time at Disney. Our plan was just to enjoy camping not stand in long lines. We opted just to go to FUNSPOT. Don't confuse it with OLD TOWN. The rides there did not appeal to a 6 and 8 year old and I think there was a total of 7!

I would go back but would use the shower in my little travel trailer over their bath house.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank campergirl0624
TropicalPalmsGSM, General Manager at Tropical Palms Resort and Campground, responded to this review, December 11, 2015
Thank you for your feedback. We continually look for ways to improve the quality of each individual's stay at Tropical Palms, and your comments towards this goal will be carefully reviewed. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Howell, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Thankfully I only booked a night here for a quick in and out trip. The staff were polite and helpful. I checked in around 10:30 at night, so was pleased to find the front desk staff there until 11. I did not call ahead that I would be late but that was a non-issue. The front desk fellow told me that the "free wi-fi" was extremely finnicky and unlikely to work, which was a big part of the reason that I chose this location (free parking, free wi-fi). The staff were also helpful when I checked out the next morning around 8. The "resort cottage" I stayed in was nothing more than a trailer. While the sheets were clean, the unit itself was dirty and definitely in need of serious updating. Thankfully I had a pair of flip flops so I could walk about the unit and use in the shower. The bed was mildly comfortable. While the price was low, I feel I probably should've looked around a bit more. I could've gotten a better room for a similar price. It was a bonus to have a kitchen, but it is not one that I would've utilized. I definitely would not stay here again and would not recommend it unless the accommodations were updated or you were staying in the RV park area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank serenadethesun
Lighthouse Point
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I booked with some trepidation – solo business traveler looking for reasonable alternative accommodation to expensive convention hotel on Disney property. Previewing it on Google Earth, and seeing all the trailers, I worried about noise and kids.

When I arrived, they had my departure date wrong, but sorted it out quickly. Friendly and helpful front desk. I got Cottage 207, next to the main office. I was just delighted with my accommodation. It seemed pretty new. While clearly all plastic, it did not have that manufactured, chemical smell.

The little 2-bed, one-bath cottage was modern, with open kitchen/living area, full fridge, flat top stove, huge microwave, dishwasher and enough plates and cutlery for 8. More than enough pots, pans, serving dishes. Spotlessly clean.

Master bed had masses of closet space, as did the bathroom (combo bath / shower) more than a 5-star hotel. Queen bed was comfy and lots of outlets in room. Second bed had a queen and a bunk bed above it. Living room had a sofa bed.

The surroundings are quiet and peaceful, with landscaped gardens and tall trees. I didn’t see any kids, let alone hear them. Cottages are set far enough apart and at angles so that you have privacy. Parking very close, but not outside the door. My neighbors were friendly Canadians enjoying the sun on their patio.

At the entrance to this area is the fascinating Old Town. It’s a sort of cross between an old Western town (saloons and cute old timey stores) with an amusement park (Ferris wheels, high rides, shooting galleries etc). It came alive at night, with loud music, throngs of people and fireworks, but I didn’t hear a thing in my location.

For self-catering, I used nearby Publix in Celebration to pick up groceries and wine.

Be warned that wi-fi in the cottages is very iffy (as front desk had warned me). To get a good, consistent signal you must sit inside the coffee shop at the main building. However if connectivity is important to you in the privacy of your cottage, they offer a very elegant solution; rent a regular Comcast cable modem for very high speed and secure access. This cost $4.50 a day I think with $50 refundable deposit. It plugs in tandem to the TV outlet (TV / modem split) with a cable to your laptop. I had brought my Linksys portable router which instantly gave me secure and personal wireless within the cottage.

I will definitely stay there again. It was only 15 minutes from my convention hotel on low-traffic roads. Next time I will ask for a cottage away from the main building to overlook the pretty lake. I found that the security lights surrounding the office building were disturbing at night in my bedroom through the blinds. There are no drapes to make it totally dark. This is my only negative about that particular cottage.

Certainly recommend it for business travelers looking to get away from the high-priced convention hotels. Over the four days, I think I saved over $500 on accommodation, beverages, food and internet compared to the convention hotel. I had my own vehicle with me, renting a car would reduce the savings of course.

Room Tip: The security lights surrounding the main building can be bothersome at night. All the windows in Cot...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Mike A
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We just got back from a weekend staying in a standard suite. We have stayed here before, but it had been awhile so I was a little nervous reading some of the reviews. Yes, the cabin was worn, but it was CLEAN, QUIET, and very COMFORTABLE! We had a minor problem with the stove top, I called the front desk and in 2 minutes, YES 2 MINUTES, there was already someone there fixing the problem. The people could not have been more accommodating. This place is a true gem, if you want an oasis in a busy, noisy city, this is the place to stay. If you want a 5 star full service hotel, go to the Ritz, otherwise your BEST BET is to stay at Tropical Palms Resort, you will not regret it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Hazeljoy
Auburn, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed a total of 7 nights. The first 3 nights were in a "premium" cottage #24. The first night we were greeted with palmetto bugs in the bathroom which resembled a small cockroach. The positive was the staff the next morning was quick to respond by spraying both inside and outside the cottage and we never saw another bug. The premium cottage was decent although there was no alarm clock or clock for that matter or radio. The couch was very worn and the unit was basically clean unless you started looking around the edges or under furniture.

Our stay took a turn for the worse when we had to move to a standard cottage #231. This was due to it being the only unit available when we booked. I had been told at time of booking that it was an older unit but was guaranteed it would be clean. It was indeed clean if you refer to the sheets and the bathtub but that is where clean ended. The unit was so bad that I immediately went back up and asked to check out but was quickly told that I had signed a form that I would get no money back. At $110 plus tax per night I couldn't afford to just walk away from it so we either had to end our trip early or suck it up which we did. Another clerk overhead me and at least attempted to find us another unit but nothing was available. She made note of all of our complaints but we never heard another word about them.

So why is the unit worse than sleeping in our tent? For starters the door lock had apparently been replaced and holes were filled with expanding foam which made us very uneasy from a security standpoint. Next, the carpeting was disgusting with stains. We never took off socks while there because of how gross it was. The sofa was dirty so we covered it with blankets just to sit down. The radio in the wall didn't work and actually hummed at all times. The bathroom wall had stains on them although the tub was at least newer and clean. The unit was painted a lavender purple and looked like something from the 1950's. The blinds on the door were broken and several fell off every time you opened or closed them. Outside the wood siding was falling off and one of the deck posts was loose and clearly a safety hazard. Overall, this was the absolute worst room I have ever rented. The Motel 6 we stayed in this summer in Bangor, Maine for $50 looked like a palace compared to this unit. I have posted photos from this unit so you can see that i am not exaggerating just how bad it was.

The resort itself is a nice campground that is well maintained and I would definitely have camped here in the future with our trailer but that fact that we were in essence forced to stay in a room that was unacceptable upon arrival is not the kind of place I will do business with in the future. In total we spent almost $1000 for lodging on this trip and it was the worst we have ever had and ruined our Christmas vacation.

2 Thank PatrickMcCormick
Kingston Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Rented a cabin, was very good, staff are nice, location is excellent for kids.
Fun spot and old town within walking distance.
Good restaurants around area.
Pool area is awesome, good food. Highly recommend.

1 Thank Kevin H
Hialeah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed for a weekend in late December in a Platinum type cottage and had an overall good experience. Kitchen is nicely stocked, cabin was nice and clean. The three bunk beds were nice in first bed room. Queen bed in master bedroom was as bad of a bed as I've ever slept on, with no night table and barely enough space between bed and wall to get by. If you are used to charging your phone next to you, pretty much have to lay it on the floor. Activities were great and there's enough room to bike, play, etc. Location is excellent. No room service and internet is spotty at best. Overall it was a nice experience if you are willing to work past some nuances.