Tropical Palms Resort and Campground
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$99
$86
$167
Gaylord Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $207/night.

$219
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$128
$84
QualityInn
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

$224
$209
HolidayInn.com
$112
$86
Comfort Inn Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$85
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$198
Celebration Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$92
Cancelon
1,079 results
All reviewsthe cottagesold townrv resortbedroom cottagefort wildernessgreat rv parktravel trailerfun spotmini golfkiddie poolgreat place to staylaundry roomnice pooldisney worldfamily vacationfull kitchenparks
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My son and his gf were here last July for the vacation from England UK. Thought, take him to his first vacation, 20 years ago when he was 4 years old!..at the time , he called "Wendy Houses", I remembered, when we arrived, the builder just finished hammered the last nail! Talked about "fast cottage"..were the first people to stayed 2 bedroom cottages. I never experienced this kind of accommodation, apparently, left a good and happy memories with my 4 year old son ,at that time. So, tooked him back and gf to "Wendy Houses" for sentimental journey.. He was surprise, they keep the property well maintained, added more cottages. He loved the cottage,took some picture,
2 bedrooms cottage was perfect for us, clean, fully functional kitchen, nice deck where we had our breakfast. Good location. This is my 3rd stayed in this resort, I would recommend to my friends specially with children, fantastic place for family that's not to expensive. Will come back again.

Room Tip: 2 bedrooms cottage are spacious and walking distance from the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lily B
TropicalPalmsGSM, Front Office Manager at Tropical Palms Resort and Campground, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Tropical Palms Resort would like to thank you for your kind words and positive memories. We at Tropical Palms Resort strive and work very hard each and every day to ensure all our guest have positive and remerable experiences as you have indicated. From the Tropical Palms Resort family to yours, we truly hope to see you and your family again.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights recently with family. Our cottage was clean and pleasant; not huge but fine for our needs. Nice big deck out front and a parking space.
The cafe was closed and everywhere was quiet. Would like to stay when it was busier as the atmosphere is probably great. It was just before Halloween and they were advertising lots of themed activities coming up. The pool was nice, but the baby pool was freeeeeezing for our little girl. The issues with wi-fi were annoying, but we just went up to the Reception area to send emails etc.
You can walk up to the Old Town area which is nice at night with shops and bars, with live music. And the madness of the 192 is walkable, but we preferred the tranquility of the park!
Do not have previous experience to compare to, as others have, and it's a shame if it has gone downhill as indicated but we enjoyed ourselves and would stay again.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Christabelle04

Maam, We at Tropical Palms Resor twould like to take this time to thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your stay here at Tropical Palms Resort. I would like to say that the Tropical Palms Resort family works very hard and take great pride in providing a superior guest experience. We do apologize for the "annoying" inability to not connect to the wi-fi. The Resort is currently and continues to look and provide solutions to our wi-fi network. When you plan and book your next stay at Tropical Palms Resort please contact us personally and we will let you know of some of the recent solutions we have taken to circumvent the wi-fi issues. Once again thank you for taking the time to respond and voice your concerns which help and aid us in providing great customer service.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Before booking our holiday I had seen a great offer for The Tropical Palms and even though some of the reviews weren't great we booked it anyway.

We stayed in a one bedroom cottage and thought it was so cute, it was plenty big enough for the two of us and had its own little drive. It had a little deck area to sit out at the night with a drink and inside was an open plan living room and kitchen, a small bathroom and a bedroom with a large wardrobe and set of drawers.

We didn't spend much time here as we were out most of the day and ate out everynight. We had breakfast in every morning and the cooking appliances were fine. The only bad thing was there was no pan so we just went to walmart and got a cheap one for about $5. There was also a microwave a large fridge with a small freezer and dishwasher.

The bathroom was tiny, but we were given plenty of towels, enough to last us 2 weeks and there was also a hairdryer which gave off quite a bit of power, much better than the travel one I had taken with me.

The bedroom and bed were a decent size.

They advertised entertainment each night, we didn't go to any of these though as we had a car so did our own thing. This is right in Kissimmee, it would probably take you 5-10 minutes to walk there, we never walked though as the road was not lit and building work was going on so there were parts that had no pavements. In the day time this would be fine though.

You're so close to all of the parks here it took about 15 minutes to get to Disney and about 20 for Universal and Sea World. There are so many places to eat close by as well as a big Walmart about 2 miles away.

I think people worry when they hear it's a campground, but I thought it was great and I would stay here again. The staff were also very friendly and one young lad always stoped to talk to us and gave us ideas on places to eat.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lilly_blue133

Thank you for taking the time to report your personal and honest response to your stay here at Tropical Palms Resort. Wew are very happy that you had a pleasurable experience while staying on our property. I would like to say that the next time you are on our property and find an advertised amenity missing from one of the cottages, please let someone know and we will correct the deficiency asap. Once again thank you for taking the time to respond relative toyour stat on our property.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

This used to be the best place to stay in this area, not anymore! I have stayed here 3 times before this stay! I had trouble checking in...the young lady at the front has no understanding...luckily, a young man rescued me...next, out cabin had mold on the outside back door area & was about half the size of pervious stays! The is NO wireless internet, despite what the ad on-line says!! When I called the front to report this, I was told "there's nothing we can do since it's and outside company" & "it always does that when we are busy!"...again, NO internet!!! And it IS advertised when booking "free wi-fi"!! We also had an "ant invasion" & I don't mean Adam Ant!! Woke up to hundreds of tiny black ants swarming some popcorn I left on the counter in a cover container, but obviously not air-tight...however, this should not bring an infestation!! I find this very sad, as I used to look forward to staying here...and worse, I still have another week to go here!

Stayed: October 2013
7  Thank neworleanszombie

Thank you for taking the time to respond open and honestly regarding your experience while visiting our property. First I would like to apologize for the unfavorable response you recieved when dealing with our Front Desk personnel. The wi-fi is very tempermental from time to time here on our property. I do apologize for this. Management is actively seeking solutions to the issues we experience from time to time with the wi-fi. Maintenance works Very hard to keep and maintain our cottages in habital conditions. It is unfortunate that you experienced mold on the back door to your cottage. I assure you this is not the norm. The ants you experienced are indigenious to this climate and we work hard at treating the units to control the ant population.

Thank you for letting us know of your experience. This type of response helps us to deliver better service to our guests.

Thank you.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We live in Tampa and take our camper to Tropical Palms fairly often just to get away. The campground is very clean and quiet. The camper pads are large and not crammed together, with full hookups. We have never had a problem with noise at night. The staff have always been helpful and pleasant. There is a very nice large pool and a smaller wading pool for the little ones with lots of activities for the kids and a water slide for $5.00 all day use.For September they are having hay rides and a haunted house for the kids free of charge. The poolside cafe has a great breakfast for $5.99 and serves lunch as well. The campground is very close to grocery stores and lots of places close to eat out. I have not stayed in the cottages, but the campground is more than ok especially being in such a busy area of Buena Vista. It' not like being in the woods but for a "city" campground, it's fine. (wish they had some more larger trees, especially in the hot summertime).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank greatcutz

Thank you for your personal and honest review regarding our property and you recent visit. We here at Tropical Palms Resort sincerely value each and every guest who stay at our resort. We are pleased you had such a pleasent experience. The Tropical Palms Resort work very hard at providing superior conditions, amenities and service. We look forward to serving you on your next stay here at Tropical Palms Resort.