“will return for third time”

Seralago Hotel and Suites
Ranked #92 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Century, WV
Reviewed December 1, 2005

This was the second time we stayed at Seralago and we will return again next year. Both times we had excellent service, our 2 room suite was very spacious and clean (we have 3 kids),we love the buses that go to Disney so we can park our van and not have to drive again until we are ready to go home, the poolside room and pool were wonderful, the staff was very friendly and helpful, Pirate's Cove Mini-Golf and Old Town are within walking distance, not to mention lots of restaurants, flea markets, gift stores, etc., and the kids loved the game room in the lobby.

This is a great place to stay with your family. It's affordalbe, clean, friendly, and operates around families.

We highly recommend Seralago for anyone.

See you next year!!

• Stayed: May 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (2,765)

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed November 27, 2005

My son and I stayed at the Seralago November 19-23 and had a great time. I was very nervous after reading some of the reviews; however, I was pleasantly surprised when we checked in. The hotel staff was very helpful and did everything to make you feel welcome. We had a kidsuite - the room was clean & did NOT smell at all. The single parents package worked well for us also. Service was great, staff was great also the room & pool/hottub were clean. Plenty to do outside the hotel-minigolf next door, restaurants, Old Towne & gift shops. I would definately recommend this hotel & would stay here again in the future. **perhaps the others that have complained expected a 5-star hotel?? Not quite sure how they had problems!

• Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 26, 2005

We are from Woodbridge Ont,Canada located just 10 minutes north of Toronto and im very proud to say that the stay at Seralago was beautiful and the people who work there are terrific..The price was reasonable and the grounds were clean as my room was..Security is 24 hours and the grounds were patrolled throughout.However i would definitly book there and with no hesitation stay the extra week for the fun we had becuase Disney world and all the attractions were within 20 minutes from this hotel.The pool was very warm and very inviting and the only thing i wasnt pleased with was the internet.The internet was the biggest negative but the hotel made up for it...Lots of nearby food outlets and lots of fun at night..We have two small children and entertainment was more then enough till 10pm at night...Check it out or email me for more info.........

• Stayed: May 2005
5  Thank Vince1
Reviewed November 20, 2005

Seralago was truly a pleasant place to stay! The staff went out of their way to make sure our visit was nothing short of terrific.

The kids eat free program was a real $$ saver and our children loved the Kidsuite. The two pools are huge and there is even a mini grocery store which came in really handy because the rooms have microwaves and refrigerators.

Will look forward to returning to the Seralago. You will not be dissappointed!

4  Thank kurlee
Reviewed October 29, 2005

Well, My boyfriend and I decided to give the Seralago a second chance since they sent me a gift certificate to use due to an inconvinience that caused us to be relocated to a different room on a previous stay with my child. I knew what to expect, so I made sure that I booked a poolside room, beings as though those are the ones that appear to be renovated and kept the most clean. Well, when we arrived at the check-in desk, I realized I forgot my gift certificate. I tried to explain what type of gift certificate it was, and who issued it, etc. I finally was told it would be alright to see if I could get it faxed to the hotel from my home. While I was waiting on this to happen, I overheard a front desk clerk (whom by the way did happen to be friendly during our last stay and was actually the clerk that relocated us to a different room the last time since our room had some maintenance problems) telling her co-worker that she had "Never seen us before". Very classy thing to do while a guest is still standing in front of you--talk about them. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS THERE! I was not looking for a free stay, as I booked two nights and still had to pay for the second night, since the certificate was only good for one night.But in a nutshell, I was able to get the certificate faxed through. They did honor it, and the room was okay. This stay was satisfactory, but please teach your employees to not talk about their guests while they are standing right there. I will not be staying there again, the rude employee ruined the experience for me.

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank Julia B
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed October 23, 2005

I should start off this review by stating that my wife is extremely picky when it comes to hotel rooms. If the room is dirty or musty smelling she won't stay in it. I don't even bother lugging the bags to the room anymore until she has cleared it for habitation.

We stayed in one of the two room suites (poolside) and could not have been happier. The room was very clean. There was no stray trash. There was no musty or moldy odor. The bathroom was spotless - no stains or mold to be found. The beds were comfortable. The mini-fridge was clean and kept all the beverages cold. The pool facility was kept up nicely with a nice supply of clean towels poolside. And, my daughter simply loved the breakfast buffet.

Obviously this is an older property, but from my vantage point, things were well maintained. Bottom line: when mama's happy everyone is happy - and during our stay at the Seralago, mama was happy so we all had a great trip.

• Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 17, 2005

Oct 7 - 11, 2005

First, I would like to say that the staff is to be commended. They are nice, helpful and friendly. My children enjoyed the breakfast buffet and it was a great value when added to the room. ($12.00 per day for 2 adults and 2 children) Also, kids eat free for dinner as well. I also liked the fact that the laundry room was well light and clean.

Unfortunately, I will not be staying at this hotel again until it has been updated. Here are some reasons why.

The first kidsuite room that my family and I checked into had such a bad musty, mildewy odor that I had to request we be moved. At first, although unpleasant, the smell was not so strong because the air conditioner had been turned on full blast. Before leaving the room to go to Downtown Disney we turned down the air a bit, by the time we came back the smell was horrible. The next morning, I had to request we be moved.

The next room was not really any better. Housekeeping needs to keep an eye on things. There was feces on the wall of the bathroom and mold/mildew in the corners of the tub. Nothing a mixture of 1 part Clorox/ 5 part water couldn't fix. (Good thing there was a Wal-Mart nearby.) The rooms, carpets and bed covers really do need to be Febreezed. The malodor is very much present.

The beds are not comfortable at all. Old age is causing them to sag and is causing the coils to come through.

The whole time I was there, I kept thinking about the Dateline or was it the 20/20 special on filthy hotel rooms!

Not too good.