3,073 results
All reviewsold townroom suitefun spotkiddie pooltubstiki
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I want to thank the whole staff at Seralago! My daughter and I spent a week in Kissimmee and was absolutely blessed to have picked this hotel! From the front desk staff to the cleanliness of the room. Very impressed! We were welcomed by Eleanor, a very friendly staff member who called us shortly after check in to make sure everything was ok with the room! The room was great! Very clean and welcoming! We got the King with a sofa bed and it is just as it appears in the virtual tour. There are two sets of buildings with rooms and each had a pool in the center. Music playing just loud enough that you can hear it while laying in the sun but not so loud that it interferes with conversation. One set of rooms had the volleyball court and the other had a Jacuzzi/hot tub. Towels were available at the poolside every day so you didn't have to worry about your own having to dry before leaving the area. The breakfast buffet was awesome. We ate there every morning to a different variety of foods and fruits. From cantaloupe and honeydew to watermelon and french toast sticks to pancakes, hot cereals, eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy and biscuits, hash brown. Juice, milk and coffee with a smile from Sami and Myreta (spelling? sorry!) as servers! Everyone was wonderful and catered to our needs in a genuine way. The dining area had a TV for kids and handed out coloring pages each day so the children had something to do as the parents finished their meals. Then they posted them on the walls. Quiet at night but one of the most kid friendly places we have ever stayed at! the lobby had a restaurant, bar, convenience store with foods and pizza, drinks and ice cream, etc. There is a ticket counter for discounted tickets to theme parks and an arcade for the children. No lifeguard on staff meant that the parents were with their children which allows for control on the children. Beach balls, mattresses, tubes and diving toys were all allowed in the pool which made the children that much happier to be in the pool. The water went from 3 ft to 9 ft in the deep end. Something for everyone with an outdoor poolside bar that serves snacks and drinks for all ages.

I can't say enough about this hotel! When we come back to Florida we will definitely stay at the Seralago. Close enough to the fun but far enough away to enjoy the lesser traffic. A mile and a half from State Hwy 4 right on Hwy 192 (W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy). Thanks to everyone who made us very comfortable and welcome in our stay. Jason, thanks for the pre-check in confirmation of everything and to the computer specialist that came to our room as soon as we called and got my wireless hooked up in no time! Every time I called the desk for something they were very fast to respond. All things I called about were easy fixes. Thought the light bulbs had burned out but come to find out, the cord that they were plugged into wasn't plugged into the wall well enough.

The only concern that I had about this hotel is that the bath mat in the room was like an air cushion once the water started to fill it. I almost fell a couple of times because it isn't stable under your feet. It is set very high like an overlay tub was put in when they remodeled or something. It sort of left a musty smelling odor but it wasn't enough to smell in the room. Just in the bath when the door was closed.

Thanks everyone at the Seralago!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Momof4VA
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Seralago is one of the best hotel I've stayed at for the past 7 years. The staff are very friendly and polite. The room service is great. They have a game room that kids will enjoy. You have to see it to belive it. It's a great stop for tourists. I recommend do not stay at any HOWARD JOHNSON OR MASTER'S INN HOTEL!! Seralago is your way to go.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2009

just returned from florida after staying in seralago hotel. a really enjoyable experience. we were in quiet room at back of hotel facing lake. room spotless, and i'm fussy, curtains, bedlinen, and bed spreads looked new, and carpet new also. maid service excellent, bed really comfy, and blankets nice and soft, not old and matted like some places. pools excellent, lovely and warm, and really clean. nice landscaped gardens, good little cinema for kiddies, felt nice and safe here, check in quick and easy, had a 2 week stay, but could have stayed longer. having stayed in many, many, good motels in florida, this is one of the good ones for us, and are returning again in sept. p.s. fridge/microwave a welcome bonus also, saves you plenty on cold drinks/snacks.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights prior to an extended Disney stay. Only requirements we had were - a clean place to hang for a bit before heading over to Disney and a decent price. Overall the Seralago met those requirements. We didn't arrive until after midnight so the lobby was basically empty. Check in was quick and efficient. We had a Kid Suite room. Smaller than I expected, but it served its purpose. The room is designed for 5 people - why only 4 bath towels?!

We added breakfast for 2 adults for $13.00/day - 2 kids ate free, so we only had to pay for our teenager. The breakfast was only $7 or $8 so we only saved a buck with their add-on! The food was average. Slightly above what one would find at most motel "free" breakfasts. A couple of hot selections - nothing to brag about. No breakfast potatoes - just a big 'ol pile of tater tots!? The first day our waitress said we could order fried eggs w/ toast from the kitchen - which we did. The second morning our server didn't even mention it.

We spent our only full day there away from the resort as we went to the beach. We left early and noticed the housekeeping cart nearby. We got back around 3:30PM to find our room had not been serviced. We called and were told someone would be there in a few minutes. So off to the pool we went. Nice pool - it was clean, pool bar nearby. Not too bad.

Back to the room at 4:30 - still not clean. We call again and that's when the service issues kick in. The phone agent was nasty - accused us of leaving the do not disturb sign up all day - nope! Then she said they routinely service rooms until 5PM and we weren't missed. Interesting - as we noticed most rooms that had their blinds open had been serviced and there were no signs of housekeeping activity?! Asked to speak to a manager and you would have thought we were asking to speak to the President of the US!! She wouldn't give us a manager for anything!! Another call back and we were placed into the manager's voicemail. We had dinner reservations so we had to get going, too. We used the wet towels from the AM (all 4 of them) and got moving. I went off to go to the front desk and when I opened the door the manager was right there. He offered nothing - no explanation, just rambled on about how he wasn't familiar with housekeeping processes, but would have it corrected. It was then that the people staying below us arrived back at their room to find it also wasn't done.

Okay - this review is going on way too long - bottom line is that the housekeeper forgot to do our room and the one below us for some reason (last rooms on the row). In the grand scheme of things should be no big deal, but the way we were treated trying to resolve the whole thing was really unacceptable. The staff was very rude. When we returned from dinner the room was finally done and lots of towels were left!

Again - not a bad place for a quick stay. I wouldn't want to be cooped up there for an extended stay though. They also need to take a close look at their customer service attitudes as well.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We stayed here as it was rated 3 stars and the overall look of pictures from the hotel looked good. After booking Hotwire reduced it stars to 2, so I was a little worried.

When we arrived it looked great from the outside and was close to Disney so I was a little relieved. The service inside was anything but fast and friendly, but I took that with a grain of salt. We were given a room in the back building, it seemed with not too man other guests. It was quite some distance from the rest of the hotel. We booked on Hotwire, so we thought oh well maybe this is where they put those that get the discounted rate.

We walked up a flight of stairs (No elevators) to our room. The room was big and spacious. There was a refridgerator and table with chairs. The linens and furniture were old, but clean. The room smelled musty, but not smokey.

So this being said- We stayed the night. It did the trick and we were off to our actual desitination the next day.

Overall- if you plan to stay here-don't expect a new hotel. The rooms need a little remodeling and a little TLC. The appearance is fun as per the website, but a little disturbing after you stay there. My 16 year old son said it looked like an adult hotel with cheap frills to make it look kid friendly, like strangers with candy.

We won't be staying there again. That being said I did have a friend who was in a worse hotel nearby, who called me to see what I thought about this hotel as she needed to change from the other. I told her what I thought and she stayed the night and was much happier than where she had stayed. So be sure to shop around and trust this website and not the other travel websites as they tend to changes their star rankings.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family