“You Get What You Pay For”

Seralago Hotel and Suites
Ranked #92 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I really don't know where to begin when I think about this hotel. We decided to stay here since the rates were reasonable and it was very close to Magic Kingdom. The only good thing I can write about was the pool and hot tub. They were both nicely heated and very accommodating.. As for the rooms, I was very let down. I requested conjoining rooms and when I arrived at the hotel, I was told they didn't have any available. I chose to upgrade to a suite. The first suite I received was so bad (beat up, dirty and stains on the carpet) that I went back to the front desk and requested a new suite. They were nice about it and gave me a new one. When we got into the second room it wasn't much better. It was a little cleaner but I was very disappointed. After the first night on an old broke down bed (my wife and I had to sleep in separate beds due to the small size of the so called Queen size beds and we are not overweight people), we went to Disney for the day. It happened to be pretty cold in Orlando while we were there, so when we returned from the parks and the store we had a lot of bags to carry into the room. We got to our second floor room and none of our 4 keys worked in the door. They had deactivated the keys. I had to leave my family by the door in the cold as I drove to the front desk. I told the girl behind the desk what had happened and she just recoded my keys and handed them back to me. I assure you that I will not be staying here again. I will spend the extra money for a decent place to stay. To be honest, I only saved about $20.00 choosing this place over a known chain of hotels. If you decide to stay here, please know that you have been warned!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ecmack2004
Seralagogm, General Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Jeannie,

Thank you for staying with us and your constructive comments about some of the things that did not meet your expectations. We do not have any queen beds, only doubles or Kings. Sorry for not having any joining rooms available upon arrival. Unfortunately with the Holidays it was difficult to guarantee rooms next to each other. I am also sorry about the deactivating of your keys, which can easily occur due to keeping the keys close to a cell phone or so. I understand your frustration of having to get back to the desk in the cold. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can make things right and hope you will come and visit us again under better circumstances.
gm@seralagohotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,766)

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My daughter-in-law booked this hotel because of the price and the recommendation of a young friend. It was a very basic motel that catered to the family. It is an old fashioned two level motel with doors going to the outside. There are several buildings and the lobby is situated in the middle building. The lobby is nice with reception area, sitting area, game room, store, restaurant and small movie theater where you can book a VHS movie to be shown.

Our room was in a building separated from the main building and to the left of the main building and we had to walk through two parking areas to get there. The walkways and stairways were nasty and looked like they hadn't been cleaned forever. There was a helicopter ride near by and every 15 minutes a helicopter was flying low over the hotel. The noise was very annoying. At night there were people walking around and making noises all through the night and early morning.

We booked two rooms that joined. The door on my husband and my room stuck and we had to slam the door to get it shut. The room was very basic, old and worn. The curtains were also old. The bathtub was very worn and had some mold. The second room was identical. A plus was the room came with a refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board and hair dryer. On the side of the iron was written, "Holiday Inn." The beds were very hard. There were plenty of towels, wash clothes and hand towels and the room was clean. A big white container sat near the stairway so that the cleaners could throw down dirty towels and bedding.

We used the shuttle to Disney's Magic Kingdom and had to stand with no hand rails on the ride to the park since there were so many people on the bus. The shuttle picked up several hotels and the Seralago was the last pick up. On the way back we waited for the 10:30 p.m. shuttle and there were too many people for the bus. One angry woman screamed at the driver that there were too many people trying to get on the bus and she asked how many could ride and he said as many as he could get on (people seated and standing). He at last turned some away and told them another bus would be coming. The Seralago was the last drop off.

We used the pool on two days. There were no attendants at the pool and one of the side lights came floating up out of the side of the pool. There were plenty of seating around the pool and the area was nice. The pool was open till midnight.

No meals came with the room, but they offered a buffet breakfast for $8.50. There was a McDonalds nearby along with other restaurants.

Old Town was a short walk away and our granddaughter enjoyed the rides and the adults enjoyed shopping.

We were tired after our day at Disney and decided to stay an additional day. The price was higher than the price we paid online and I was told to book online if we wanted a cheaper price.

The rooms were cleaned everyday. The cleaners and staff were very nice.

If you have a low budget and want an old, very basic motel stay with no luxuries, I would recommend this hotel. There are so many hotels in the area, we won't be staying here again. I should have read the reviews before allowing my daughter-in-law to book the rooms. While we were staying there, I checked the reviews and I would agree with most of the negative ones.

Dear Connie,

Thank you for staying with us and your constructive comments about some of our shortcomings. My apology if we were not able to exceed your expectations. Although we are a budget priced hotel, we offer a lot of additional amenities and services. I am sorry the shuttle service company was a little overwhelmed during the Holidays with the extra crowd. I did not receive any issues before or after the Holidays, but we did discuss this with the company to be more prepared for busy periods. I am also sorry about the condition of the room. Although we are an older hotel, we are keeping our rooms well maintained and clean. Obvious your room needed some repair and upgrading. Thank you for your nice comments about some of our amenities and staff.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you and your family in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is like the fourth time I have stayed here. The last time we had some issues but we came up for a last minute stay and found the hotel on orbitz and the price couldnt be beat. They had a room set up where santa was sleeping and overall well decorated for the holidays. It was clean and quite, we had a room facing old town. As always the staff is friendly. The hotels location is prime, within walking distance or old town and a short drive away from disney parks. They also offer shuttle but I have never taken them.

The rooms are nothing to write home about, standard beds, tv and amenities.

For a short trip and low budget this is usually my go to place in kissimmee.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frogster14

Dear Frogster,

Thank you for staying with us again and taking time out to write us about your experience at the Seralago Hotel & Suites. Your nice comments about our product and our services are very much appreciated and our staff is looking forward to welcome you again on your next trip to the Orlando area.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We arrived to a room that was a SAFETY and HEALTH concern! Frayed wires, mildew and filthy floor in bath and counter area, microwave burned out, curtain missing and other hanging off wall, frayed carpeting with drywall crumbling on the floor....AWFUL!! We are NOT particular people but a DISNEY neighbor???!!!! We took pics to confirm just in case. We checked out....

Room Tip: We were third party reservation and booked a few weeks ahead....other rooms around pool appeared nic...
3  Thank Becca T

Dear Becca,

There is never an excuse for a room that is not ready for occupancy and I am truly sorry we assigned one to you that should have been out of order for a complete cleaning and maintenance repair. I am not sure if you requested another room, because I know we certainly can do better than you experienced so far. Please contact me directly and I will be happy to invite you back for a night on us,

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I tried to choose a hotel not on Disney as we were going to universal studios...not too "cheap" nor expensive, thinking that in the middle would be not a "dive". Pretty good, it had 2 pools and if the sun was out we would have stayed at the pool longer. Beds were comfy. I would stay here again

Stayed: December 2013
Seralagogm, General Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Landinoz,

Thank you for staying with us and your nice comments about our product and our services. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations and hope the next time you come and visit us you will feel free to call me in my office, so I can personally thank you.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed there 19th dec to 24th .We really enjoyed the time there , the shuttle service to Disney was a bonus and the breakfast buffet was good and value for money . We had a good vacation there .On 24th we checked out from there and I forgot our Camera bag in our room . As soon as we reached airport we realized that the bag is missing and we headed back to hotel . By that time the hotel room was cleaned and they said they didnt get anything from there. I am 100 % sure that I didn't take the bag from there. The day before my son's shoes were missing and I was tired of searching that one in the room. I am calling everyday to get my camera back but no use. I have to wait in line for long . Thats it. I can buy another camera but I wont get my photo memories back .
I dont know this is an odd case and anybody else has such an experience before. Guys if you are staying there make sure u put everything in locker including ur slippers. You cannot trust the house keeping people there .

1  Thank roop4321

Dear Bothell,

Thank you for staying with us and your nice comments about our product and our services. I am truly sorry about your bag with belongings that you left behind and ends up missing. I personally checked our lost and found department and spoke with the housekeeper, who cleaned your room. She confirmed that there was no bag left in the room.

I do understand your frustration with the loss of the camera with so many memories that can not be replaced and I hope someday this will turn up for you.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

^^^ it's ight... The staff/cleaning people were nice and my overall room was clean, but the bathtub's mold and fungus disgusted the shiz nits out of me. The general area is about 15-20 minutes away from most amusement parks and there are several amenities and restaurants around the area. However some of the lamps were not working and the chairs were broken. Also I found a crocodile in the large pond next to the tennis court. It was fenced, but there was also a hole large enough for it to crawl through, so I'm not too sure about the safety of that. In general it was very average, and because it's cheap, I'd probably go again.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear SwagKingKong,

Thank you for staying with us and your nice as well as constructive comments about your experience at our hotel. I am truly sorry about some mold in the bathroom. I am not sure if you did request another room or immediate re-cleaning of the bathroom, but we would have been able to assure a room without mold for you and take the room out of order to make sure it would be taken care of before another guest would occupy that room.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly,