“Thanks giving visit”

Seralago Hotel and Suites
Ranked #92 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I've been coming to Orlando and Disney vacationing for 6 yrs running , and I always stay at the Seralago, they have been very helpful when needed and the price for a one bdrm suite is the best around. If your a family with kids and on a budget, you can afford a Disney vacation at these prices. AND they allow pets... my 2 dogs go every where with us.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ptdilligaf
JBR2711, General Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Loyal Seralago Guest,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

You definitely get more than what you pay for when you stay at the Seralago. I stayed with my wife and daughter in a kids suite. My daughter is 3 and she loved her space in the room. The conditions of the room were outdated but clean. Old TV's but they worked. Area of concern was in the kids area the speakers for the had the volume button hanging out with exposed wires. Overall my stay was great and yes I will return. The hotel is actually under going renovations currently.

The food in the restaurant/store was very affordable. Could use a bit more attention from the staff and get rid of the tip jars. Service merits tips. No service no tip..

The lobby is nice but the guy haggling time shares is bit intense. You seem trapped as he approached you after checking in and almost blocks the door as to not allow you to exit. This guy made my wife feel very uncomfortable. We are Disney pass holders and do not have a need for a 90 minute presentation in exchange for free tickets or cash.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mog3618
Seralagogm, General Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and your nice comments about getting more than what you pay for. Your comments about the speakers in the Kidsuite are taken at heart and our engineering staff is working to remove or replace some of the speakers.

Our pools, Spas and Kiddie pool all underwent a complete renovation and I hope you will come and check them out when you return to our area.

I also hear your comments about the timeshare person trying to hook you on to his presentation tour. I do get very few complaints about their staff but unfortunately once in a while we see one that is too aggressive in trying to explain their accommodations and I am sorry for that.

Thank you again for your comments that you will come and see us again.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here in late 2011 (November, I believe) because I was attending a concert at the Hard Rock Live. I was given a room on the upper level. No complaints. Beds/linens were clean but not particularly heavy/luxurious. The TV was outdated, but I didn't use it. The one thing I didn't like is the curtains would not close. Parking was a bit of an issue late at night but I managed to find a spot within view of my window. I would probably stay here again if I could not find a better deal or if I was short on funds.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank sinman0531

Thank you for staying with us and your constructive comments. I am sorry you were not able to locate our black out drapes as I know for sure they are in your window behind the sheers. The colorful panels are just for decoration, but the black out drapes are there to give you your privacy.

I hope you come and visit us again when you are back into the Orlando area.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We are courently staying here for 3 nights before doing disney. I can't believe the bad reviews on this place as for what we paid I think we got a bargain. Poolside rooms are 10 dollars extra per night but worth it as the nightly rate is cheap anyway. The room is clean and has everything you could need. Although a kettle would be nice. The pools and playground are also nice, my little girl loves playing in them. Location is excellent , walking distance to old town. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Dellalovesroo

Dear Dellalovesroo,

And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town. If I can do anything for you during your next visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to call me. The Front Desk will be happy to connect you to my office.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

So the hotel was built in the 1970s, so it used to be a Holiday Inn and is no longer. Who cares? The bad reviews of this hotel are not justifiable and are without merit. If people knew what they were talking about they would know that hotel chains can put unreasonable expectations on their owners and that is the only reason this hotel does not have the Holiday Inn name any longer. I am not sure why people make such a big deal about the age of something. I really enjoyed the retro feel of this hotel. Just down the street is Gaylord Palms. For four times as much and a $30 per night resort charge you can have a four star experience. Don't be cheap and pay Seralagos lower prices and expect the same thing, as that is just foolish. While SerAlago is older everything is kept up quite well and is very clean. The staff is excellent and obviously is very well hand picked by management from the best of the best. Security is always present and watches for things like locked doors, latched pool gates, and kids over taking the hot tub. Nice to be able to enjoy a nice hot tub without a 100 kids in it! The only critique I have of this hotel are the drink prices as a feel $7 for a whiskey is a bit much but it is what it is. I also wish the inside bar was open as it was raining during my stay. Ok back to the good stuff. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. A fridge and microwave were provided and coffee makers are available upon request. Plenty of towels available in the room. Speaking of towels there were always a bunch of towels available poolside which is awesome. I have stayed at plenty of expensive hotels where I had to walk to the front desk to ask for towels and ten wait for someone to bring them. Well done Seralago and any time you will have me back I would be more than happy to come visit!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tampachris25

Dear TampaChris,

May be you would like to join our sales team, because I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make every guest experience as perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you chose The Seralago Hotel & Suites while you were in Kissimmee. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback.

I will talk to our Food & Beverage Manager to see if we can adjust some of the drink prices in the Pool Bar.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My daughter and I stayed there for five days in early November of this year and it was great. I liked the location of the motel. We could walk to Old Town and we could walk up to shops and wasn't to far from Disney. They offered a shuttle free of charge at certain times of the day which was a great help so we didn't have to find a shuttle and pay out of pocket. We did got to Disney 3 days and Sea world one day and it was great then when we got back to our room that we could still swim because the pool was open till midnight. My daughter really enjoyed that. We did have a kids suit which was clean and my daughter thought was very cool to have her own room away from mom. Also for price wise I think it was a great price for what we got. They did have free breakfast for my daughter with the purchase of a adult breakfast buffet and we enjoyed that. Also there is little store with a food area and then food was good and very clean in there and stuff was reasonably priced. The staff was very helpful and nice. They also had a little booklet in the room with restaurant numbers and local attractions. Which was very helpful. I was full of questions and this helped and so did the staff I called them a few times. My only complaint about the whole thing was we did stay for 5 days and we were in room 153 which is kind of out in a dark area and isn't on the side of the pool which I would have enjoyed more because we did have to walk in the dark to get to the pool and it was not very well lit out where we were. We will be going back to Orlando next year at the same time and we plan to stay here again. But I am going to request that we get a room that's closer to the pool if possible. It will be a kids suit as well and hopefully we will get a different themed room we see that there a few different themes for the kids suits. Cant wait to come back next year. See ya again next year in the fall. We look forward to seeing your friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bethany B

Dear Bethany,

Thank you so much for staying with us and your wonderful comments about the hotel, our amenities and our staff. Thank you also for taking the time to give us your feed back as it is so important for all of us to know how we are doing. I am glad you and your family had a great time and enjoyed all of your vacation with us and everything our hotel and area has to offer.

I hope you will request a pool site Kidsuite next time you come visit us and if available ask for a special Themed one.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Can't think of anything bad to say about this place so let's look at the good points:

The staff are very friendly and helpful. There are a lot of staff so it makes the place feel safer including security that roam around.

The rooms are spacious including two double beds just for 2 guests. The bathroom includes a bath and shower plus a small area for the fridge, microwave and ice bucket. The only thing not included is a kettle and a downside is there is no safe in the room. The receptionist will look after your valuables upon request if desired. We had no problems leaving our valuables in the room however.The room includes a TV with many channels and a table and chairs. The air conditioning can be very loud at night.

The pool here is very nice. It can be very quiet during the day, even on a hot day. There are towels provided, the pool is heated and a good depth. The only downside is it is open until 12am and if you have a poolside room it can get quite annoying listening to the loud voices that come from the pool at that time when you're trying to sleep.

The hotel is in a great location. Within walking distance of Old Town (a great town full of stores, bars and restaurants plus lively nightly atmosphere). Also nearby McDonalds, Burger King, Checkers and Pizza Hut. If you need to get to a supermarket there is a Publix down the street, CVS, Walgreens and 7-Eleven. Also on the same street right next to the hotel are Lynx bus stops. One will take you straight to the Magic Kingdom transport and ticket centre and the other to Osceola Square Mall and Walmart for just $2 one way or $4.50 all day pass. Great if you just want to explore the area or if you'd like to head to the Disney parks in your own time. The bus ride takes 20 minutes to the Magic Kingdom so I can imagine it would take a little less time to drive there if you have your own car.

Another way of getting to the parks is the free shuttle provided. This service was excellent. Twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon this shuttle would pick us guests up at the hotel and take us to the transport and ticket centre at Walt Disney World. It would also pick us up for a return four times in the evening. Very often the shuttle was completely empty and the driver would take us directly to the park we requested. Perfect for no cost and no cost in parking. This shuttle also takes guests to Sea World and Universal once a day and returns once a day. This shuttle isn't as convenient as it can take up to an hour after it has picked up more guests from the Hyatt hotel on the way to the parks. It would also often be late picking us back up in the evening and the time at the park wasn't very long getting there after opening and before closing. Still, no complaints since it is free.

The hotel is very good value and great compared to some others I've stayed in in the same area. It has everything you could need and if you're planning on visiting the parks then you are in a great location to get around.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper then ask for a room away from the pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sofi B

Dear Sofi,

I am sorry about some of the noise late at night at the pool. A call to the desk to get a security person asking the crowd to keep some of that noise down mostly helps, but I know a good night sleep is important.