“August 2013 trip to Orlando”

Seralago Hotel and Suites
Ranked #93 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed September 7, 2013

After the fireworks at Walt Disney World, late check in with no issue. But once when I get into the room, a bit pissed me off. 1) The AC is broken (You know how hot does it on Aug at Orlando, plus I come from CA) 2) The shower heads- low water pressure 3) After I fresh the toilet, the water tank have sound, and it's keep 10-15 minute 4) The pillow too soft, my neck hurt on the next day. 5) Bathroom fan not work, so cannot take hot shower or you will dizzy or fall inside of the bathroom (After a long day at WDW, we want to have a hot shower)
I never have such kind of feeling when I go to travel "hurry up fall to sleep, then wake up check out as soon as I can" This is my first time!

Room Tip: Do not look for the hotel pirce below $50 per night
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Seralagogm, General Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Hamjesnly,

Thank you for staying with us and your constructive comments about our shortcomings. I am truly sorry about some of the issues mentioned. One call to the Front Desk for a maintenance staff member to look at the bathroom issues and AC most likely would have fixed these items quickly, however I do understand that you can only expect that none of these issues should be there to begin with. Some guests do like the soft pillows and others would want it to be more firm. Please do not hesitate to request a firm pillow next time.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to make things right and contact me directly,
gm@seralagohotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,812)

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

The room was okay. I would like to have been on the other side. We were on the outside and away from the office, pool and Restaraunt. Our door looked like it had been broken into many times. It had a gift shop, small Restaraunt, pool and they could direct you to attractions in the area there was a bus to take you to Disney. Our ref broke we called and they fixed it while we were out.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Topteach1234

Dear Topteach,

Thank you for staying with us and your nice and constructive comments. Our doors are getting older as the hotel was build right after the Magic Kingdom opened up in 1971, however I can assure you that our guest room doors are not broken into. I am glad your request for fixing your ref (?) was taken care of when you returned. I am also happy that your overall stay was satisfactory and hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

room was pleasant & clean. Staff was friendly & courteous. No complaints to talk about. We stayed poolside, had a great rate and enjoyed our rest. Has a small store and a breakfast buffet. There are loads of activities for families, Has shuttle to and from major attractions like disney.

Room Tip: poolside is where we stayed in 310
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cyo2

Dear Cyo2,

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make every guest experience as perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you chose The Seralago Hotel & Suites while you were in Kissimmee. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town. If I can do anything for you during your next visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to call me. The Front Desk will be happy to connect you to my office.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed here in July 2013, four nights. Great location, close to Disney parks and Sea World. Rooms are spacious, but cleaning could be better. Found a dead beetle in the corner of the room and it wasn't removed during our stay... Also, some strident people ruined my sleep, partying all night down the walk-way, but that's not the hotel management's fault. Once I complained at the reception desk, they sent someone over to solve the problem. I lost my smartphone in my room and only noticed when I was already some 250 miles away from the place. Very servient, the hotel management packed it and sent it to my home address (in Europe) without expenses. Great!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SaskiaNLD

Dear Saskia,

Thank you for staying with us and your nice and constructive comments. I am truly sorry about the dead beetle in your room. Florida's subtropical climate and outside corridors are not always helping to keep these unwanted creatures outside, however it certainly should have been noticed by our cleaning staff and removed. Also sorry about the partying people next door. Some of the vacationers do get carried away when they have a good time. I am also glad we were able to get your smartphone back to your home place.

Thank you again. I hope we will see you again in the future when your plans will take you back to the Orlando area,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Well I'll start out by saying what can you expect for $30-$35/night. The hotel is old and in need of repairs and some basic maintenance. From the rusty stairs to the filthy ice machines, the general feel was dirty and depressing. The room was not much better. Everything looked very old and worn. Lastly, we had roaches in our room. In the past we stayed at other economy hotels in the area and they were much better. I dont think I'll be using this hotel again. I can't believe this is on the Disney partners program. Disney should send a representative to evaluate what they're endorsing. Overall poor in all categories...Location is good but so are the many hotels in the same area..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jose G
Seralagogm, General Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Jose G,

Thank you for staying with us and your constructive comments. I am truly sorry we were not able to meet or exceed your expectations. Although we are an older hotel, we certainly strive to keep our hotel well maintained and clean at all times. In your case we failed and I am sorry for that. At this time all of our pools and spas (one at a time) are in the process of being completely upgraded as well as all of the fronts of our ice machines painted. We will continue to upgrade our product and our Disney inspections have always been very good.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to make things right, so please contact us directly,

gm@seralagohotel.com

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family and I stayed in this hotel this weekend. My daughter loved it and I loved it. Very cute and clean. Great Value and amazing location. We walked to old town and breakffast and dinners. We bought year passes to Blizzard beach and Typhoon Lagoon and we will be back. My only complaint is that the front desk staff be a little happier

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Michele D

Dear Michele,

I am sorry our Front Desk staff was not expressing the happiness and courtesy you only should be accustomed to and I can assure you that this will be addressed.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Everything was great The staff the food and 2 huge pools n baby pool .very well kept grounds. Transportation to Disney great . Plus next door is a. Great place called Old town with a huge park called Fun spot great for kids .i can't count how many restaurants nearby .. Great location ..I'll be back ..Mark

• Stayed: August 2013