“This family place”

Seralago Hotel and Suites
Ranked #92 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

It is a family hotel, depends on what you pay are the rooms that touch the back room are very old, but those of the better front. the breakfast is not bad, has a location exellente. the bus to a little old disney

• Stayed: August 2012
Seralagogm, General Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Rojanse,

Thank you for staying with us and your nice comments about some of our rooms. The front rooms have been redecorated more recently than the back ones. However we will continue to upgrade our rooms in the near future. I hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you,

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our family holiday and our 3rd time staying at the Seralago which overall was a great experience. We stayed for 2wks from June 17th - July 1st. Checking in was fast/smooth as always and in no time we were in our room. As always we get a two room suite 708 well recommended as its beside the pool and very close to the laundry service. The room is basic with ample room for all staying (2 adt & 3 kids). The room has a breakfast bar with small fridge, kettle, ironing board etc.

Maid service was great in which the maid (Nancy Jones) replaced dirty towels everyday. Tipping envelopes are left in the rooms and as a guest is well recommended if your room has been serviced to a quality standard.

There are a few "little things" that are not worth mentioning as everyone else seems to be bothered writing about a lightbulb not working or the A.C cover slightly loose, the fact is for my family we were at the Disney's parks everyday so we were looking for a place to sleep & not fault finding in which a lot of reviewers seem to do on Tripadvisor.

The store within the hotel is very convenient and there is also a eating area within the store in which hot food is served and well recommended. The bar inside the hotel from my time staying there was never opened however the poolside bar at the first pool is normally opened.

Employee's overall are friendly, helpful, however there can be a tendency to not serve the guest and go wandering around the back of reception for a chat. One if the employees that I found extremely helpful was David at reception (works evening shift) who is very focused on customer service as is William Calculsure who was manager on duty. This person I believe is new to Seralago but personally has a bright and successful future ahead if him.

As I'm "non America" I wasn't too kean on the breakfasts within the hotel as I ate there once but I'm not a big liker of the breakfast served. Just a tip on the milk within the store I found the red top bottles much nicer than the blue tops, but that might be a personal choice !.

The hotel is going through a takeover of ownership as the moment so I would expect some changes to be made, these changes been from the reports other users are making on Tripadvisor. I have no doubt that they will be implemented very soon as one of my faults which was major for me was on the wifi within the complex/room. The wifi kept on dropping in which I found myself ringing reception every night. It was working perfectly in the morning before we would leave for the day and when we would return we would have no signal.

The G.M Mr. Jan Rietveld contacted me personally by room phone in which I made contact with at my departure prior to leaving. We had a very constructive but positive conversation as I felt that my future trips to Florida on vacation might lead to my selecting another hotel for accommodation like the holiday inn across the road. I would encourage everyone who comes onto this site to think before they write a holiday report on their experience with any hotel. Speak firstly with the manager on duty and or the employees at the reception desk, if you do not get total satisfaction then promptly ask to speak to the GM. My experience doing so was second to none. Seralago have a fantastic and understanding G.M in which I cannot thank him enough for what he did for me on my departure. The issue/problem was resolved within any heated exchange of words.

I can say finally Seralago is a great place to stay, it ain't a 5 star hotel but for my needs is was a great hotel it had and has everything that i need for a vacation.It's on the 192 strip where all amenities are for guests and a lot to choose from. Even Old Town is a pleasure to visit.

I cannot wait to return to Florida in 2018 in which I will be choosing Seralago as my good "Disney neighbour hotel". Keep up the great work.

Kindest regards,
Gareth McDonnell

Room Tip: Choose room 708 beside the 2nd pool it's very convenient for laundry cleaning. The pool is a li...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr. McDonnell,

As discussed with you, we are working diligently to improve our Internet access and I am sure you will find it in great order upon return as well as some needed changes that will take place soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Because of the excellent price I got on Priceline, I didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised. First of all, it is huge. Formerly a Holiday Inn, there are 600 rooms, the largest hotel I have stayed in in over 25 years on the road. And it's all on 2 floors. Very large area and many buildings. Checkin was very easy and the clerk was very pleasant and listened to what I wanted--a quiet upstairs room. The room was spacious and appeared recently renovated. Although they still had an old tv, there was full cable and the picture was good. Wifi was decent. Would highly recommend this place. But ask for a quiet room as there are many families with children here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Walter L
Seralagogm, General Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Crystalman,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The rooms are outdated and some outlets closed off but we just wanted a clean cheap place to stay and we got it. The rooms are clean, the pool and hot tub is nice,the fridge and microwave worked great and the staff was nice and friendly. I would stay here again for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Honeybarbque

Dear Honeybarbque,

Thank you so much for staying with us and your nice comments about our product and our staff. It is great to hear that you are taking time out of your busy schedule to tell us how we are doing. Our staff is always delighted to hear that their efforts paid off and we have another satisfied guest. We are all looking forward to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This resort is in an excellent location near shopping, restaurants, and attractions. I was pleasantly surprised, as I was expecting much less for the price. Property is clean, safe, and secure. Pool area is nice as well. Nothing luxurious, but definitely adequate if you're going to be at the parks all day! Very friendly and courteous staff :-)

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Mendegirl1
Seralagogm, General Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Wrenvander, I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make every guest experience as perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you chose The Seralago Hotel & Suites while you were in Kissimmee. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town. If I can do anything for you during your next visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to call me. The Front Desk will be happy to connect you to my office.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This hotel has the same bed sheets that it had when it was a Holiday Inn in 2001. It needs to be updated and clean. It is a shame that you can see ants, and small roaches walking around the premises. The beds are very uncomfortable and the small fridge drips and wets the carpet.

Room Tip: If you need to stay here, please be aware that you will get home some new visitors-roaches.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JackyMaldo38

Dear JackyMaldo, Thank you for staying with us and your constructive comments about some of the issues you encountered during your stay. Our bed linen is the same quality standard linen as all Holiday Inns and we purchase new linen every month. Your room should be clean as our standards have not changed either and for that we are certainly in your debt. Our exterior corridor rooms are not always keeping unwanted creatures out even though we do have a very reputable pest control company, but we will discuss and improve upon. A leaking fridge can be changed in a few minutes and I hope you will contact us with the room # you were in so we can make these changes right away. I promise to continue to improve our overall product and services and hope we might be of service to you and your family again some day.

gm@seralagohotel.com

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now because of it's proximity to the Orlando attractions & because generally speaking, it's quite affordable. I dont think this hotel would be accepted or enjoyed by those that are used to concierge service and all the perks that come with a high end hotel- This is a budget minded resort for joe-plumber and his family- and it certainly does the job very well. Despite being older, the rooms are reasonably clean and comfortable. The linens and towels are not top notch, but they are adequate- they use Sealy Tempuric matresses, which are just a bit springy- but acceptable. Since my last stay here- it looks like they put down new carpet and some new paint. Rooms have nice touches such as a small refirgerator and a small microwave. TV is an older tube style set, but there are 72 channels- it's fine for most people. Security guards continually travel the perimeter of the property at night.
There is a pair of nice sized pools, a large jacuzzi, and some playgrounds for smaller children. There is also an arcade for older kids, a snack bar and a restaurant on site. They are overdue for new awnings at the stairs well areas and at the main entrance building, but overall- I can honestly say that I've had and continue to have a reasonably good stay at this resort and will return. I can honestly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a reasonably priced hotel for the kissimmee/ Disney area.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are those that do not face the pool areas. Check in is at 4pm, the lobby gets super crow...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple