“Pretty darn good”

Seralago Hotel and Suites
Ranked #93 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here twice last year on trips to Disney. Can't comment on prince as I got the hotel through an online source. The rooms were clean but a bit dated. On the second trip we had a problem with a bad television set and it was promptly replaced by the friendly maintenance staff. They also brought a coffee maker to our room when my wife realized we didn't have one. The site is quiet and very easy to find. Withing walking distance of Old Town and a few restaurants. About a 10 minute drive (in traffic) to Disney.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Seralago Hotel and Suites

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Seralago in the past. I've stayed there a long time ago when it used to be the Holiday Inn, until about 2004 or so when they switch over to Seralago. When the hotel was the Holiday Inn, it was beautiful. Everything was clean and working, and now I feel like the Seralago has gone down hill. The hotel reminded me of the little Jersey shore hotels that I usually stay in for one night. However, the difference is that in Jersey we pay anywhere from $100 - $150 per night, and at Seralago we only paid $44 a night, so that made our stay a little better knowing that we saved money.
We are the type of people who are NEVER in our hotel room. We basically use our hotel to shower, sleep and change if we need to. That's really it. Unless we stay at a five star resort, I don't go on vacations to spend hours in my hotel room, especially when I am in the Orlando area. That being said, I think that there were good points and bad points about this hotel.
The good points are that it is so close to everything. Disney, Celebration, shops, restaurants, and cheesy little shops are just 5-10 minutes away. The maids cleaned up our room great every day, so there was no problem with that. The hotel room we stayed in had two beds, a mini fridge and a microwave, which is more than what we needed. Our stay was fine because like I said, we were only in the room to shower and sleep. So if you're anything like me and you don't use your hotel room very much, this place is great, especially for the price!
As for the bad points..the t.v. is old, so if you're really into high def. televisions, I'd definitely go elsewhere. The room is outdated, and there was no room number on the door to our hotel room, so it took us a while to find our room, and the room is really humid. I don't know if it is because of the air condition/heater, but the room was always really damp. After I would blow dry my hair, I would run out of the room and get going because it was less humid outside than it was in our room. (We were there in the beginning of January, so it wasn't that humid in Florida).
So to sum up this hotel, if you are looking to go to Disney, but not pay Disney resort prices, and you are planning to NEVER be in your hotel room, I would definitely try Seralago, especially because of the price. If you like to hang out at your hotel, take naps in your room, and just spend time there, then I would look elsewhere. This is not the type of hotel you want to spend the whole day at.

Room Tip: If you're going to use your hotel for sleeping and showering stay here, you can't beat the p...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Clean, good service, family-friendly, good price.
Was a good choice
Only missing to rooms services food
of rest, so good...........................................................................................................
Froila L.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We took a family group of 12. Six kids and six adults to Disney. We needed an inexpensive kid friendly place to stay. Seralago was a good choice. I had a GREAT location walking distance to Old Town where the adults could grab a nice margarita and the kids could ride the rides. The hotel is old and the rooms are the basic size. The kids bunks are small so a large child, preteen would not fit into them. However our kids ages, 12,10,8,4,3,6mos all fit fine. The food was not so good so don't bank on the "kids eat free option". My kids would not eat the food. However, there are a lot of food options close to the hotel. The hot tub was very hot which was SUPER! Pool was big and clean which the kids loved. The bed was not the best but I have a bad back so I am not the best judge for that. The ice machine stopped working the first day which stunk. Shower water was hot and the mini fridge worked well.
All in all it was pretty good for an inexpensive hotel and I would go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the pool, they are better rooms. The rooms in the back of the hotel are not as go...
5  Thank 1x2x3xLF
Reviewed January 9, 2013

For the $ it was a great value and close to all attractions. Our daughter loved having her own area and tv as well. We would stay there again. pool is heated and the hot tub was great after a long day at the parks.

2  Thank sassystac44
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We bid this property on priceline for a quick overnight say, and I must say....for the price we payed, this was a gem. It is an older hotel and you can tell, but I should would stay there again for the price. We had a king sized room. The room was quite large with a couch in it. The bathrooms are small, but the same size bathrooms I remember from when I was a kid 25 years. THEY DID, IMPLEMENT A RESORT FEE of $5.50 a night. We got in at 11pm and checked out at 630am....not able to use one thing the "resort fee" pays for but oh well. For the price it it was still ok. There was some nasty black stuff on the back of the toilet that grossed us out. The AC was cold, beds are old....and one of the pillows....LUMPY

Room Tip: We just asked and they gave us the room with the king bed
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel says it a 3 star quality FAR from it. I booked through the "blind" expedia feature, never doing that again. The room smelled like a dirty gym the bathroom smelled like urine, the beds are horrible and the pillows even worse. And I was asked to pay a resort fee, when I asked the attendant what the resort fee covered, she told me " a bunch of stuff, i really don't know what, we just started charging everyone this fee in January". Lesson learned, pay for cheap hotel get cheap horrible hotel...NEVER staying in this dump again.

1  Thank lady b