“Not Bad”

Ranked #88 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Naples
“Not Bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We took a family group of 12. Six kids and six adults to Disney. We needed an inexpensive kid friendly place to stay. Seralago was a good choice. I had a GREAT location walking distance to Old Town where the adults could grab a nice margarita and the kids could ride the rides. The hotel is old and the rooms are the basic size. The kids bunks are small so a large child, preteen would not fit into them. However our kids ages, 12,10,8,4,3,6mos all fit fine. The food was not so good so don't bank on the "kids eat free option". My kids would not eat the food. However, there are a lot of food options close to the hotel. The hot tub was very hot which was SUPER! Pool was big and clean which the kids loved. The bed was not the best but I have a bad back so I am not the best judge for that. The ice machine stopped working the first day which stunk. Shower water was hot and the mini fridge worked well.
All in all it was pretty good for an inexpensive hotel and I would go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the pool, they are better rooms. The rooms in the back of the hotel are not as go...
5 Thank 1x2x3xLF

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Polish first
Miamisburg, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

For the $ it was a great value and close to all attractions. Our daughter loved having her own area and tv as well. We would stay there again. pool is heated and the hot tub was great after a long day at the parks.

2 Thank sassystac44
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We bid this property on priceline for a quick overnight say, and I must say....for the price we payed, this was a gem. It is an older hotel and you can tell, but I should would stay there again for the price. We had a king sized room. The room was quite large with a couch in it. The bathrooms are small, but the same size bathrooms I remember from when I was a kid 25 years. THEY DID, IMPLEMENT A RESORT FEE of $5.50 a night. We got in at 11pm and checked out at 630am....not able to use one thing the "resort fee" pays for but oh well. For the price it it was still ok. There was some nasty black stuff on the back of the toilet that grossed us out. The AC was cold, beds are old....and one of the pillows....LUMPY

Room Tip: We just asked and they gave us the room with the king bed
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel says it a 3 star quality FAR from it. I booked through the "blind" expedia feature, never doing that again. The room smelled like a dirty gym the bathroom smelled like urine, the beds are horrible and the pillows even worse. And I was asked to pay a resort fee, when I asked the attendant what the resort fee covered, she told me " a bunch of stuff, i really don't know what, we just started charging everyone this fee in January". Lesson learned, pay for cheap hotel get cheap horrible hotel...NEVER staying in this dump again.

1 Thank lady b

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Check-in started with THREE trips to the desk. First, I couldn't get in the room. (Well, actually, there was no number on the room, so FINDING it was problem zero.) Second, we waited 15 minutes for Engineering to come and "replace the battery" on the entry system. Third, back to get new keys. So, we wasted the first hour just getting into the room.

Once in the room, it was like a time-machine to the 1970s, only with 40 years of hard wear on everything. A 19-inch CRT television. paint missing everywhere paint once was. Crumbling fixtures. Three minutes for the water to get hot. This place also has the nerve to charge a RESORT fee! Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. It wasn't even a bargain. I have to say, the housekeeping was fine, but the condition of everything is unfit for residence.

Not to mention, someone near us had a dog which they somehow forced to bark for a couple of minutes at midnight, 5 AM, and 9 AM, making deep sleep impossible.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Got a good deal on 2 nights with AAA discount. The Disney shuttle sold me on the place. Come to find that the only thing you feel is EVERY wire sprint in your mattress. Hotel is dated and weathered. If they would invest in some decent mattresses the stay would have been much more enjoyable. Will not stay here again

• Stayed January 2013
Philly, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Seralago Hotel, what can I say? My husband and I stayed here in November, for a few nights. We had a fairly pleasant stay, as much as two 52-year-olds can have when they both have chronic physical ailments (a few severe ones) and the hotel has no elevator, and we are assigned a 2nd-floor room because that’s all that’s available. The staff was nice enough, the room was clean and there were no reports of bedbugs upon an internet search, so I felt comfortable enough rebooking for one night, December 25th, when seeking to stay one extra night in America’s most popular vacation spot.

My husband, our 20yo daughter, and I had checked out of our Disney World resort that morning and faced with an 8 p.m. dinner reservation had no wish to drive 90 miles home afterwards, so, based on our prior mostly positive experience, we thought Seralago would fit the bill.

This is the most popular and busiest times to visit the Orlando and Kissimmee areas, as both the crowd levels and traffic volume can prove. We didn’t arrive at Seralago until almost midnight. Seeing that both foot and vehicular traffic was forcing our arrival later than we thought, we thought it prudent to call them twice to let the staff know that we were going to be quite late, and were reassured both times that a room would be available for us on arrival.

Check-in was quick and easy; room keys provided (this time on the ground floor), and we made our way to the room.

Upon opening the door, the stench of wet dog slammed us. I walked over to the phone, called the front desk, and told the clerk that this was unacceptable. She assured me that someone would be there with new keys to a different room within moments. Since it was a chilly night, we returned to our car to wait. I turned the car around so we could face the hotel and see when the staff approached and be ready to meet them and not have to make them wait for us more than necessary.

A few minutes later, we saw a service golf-cart drive up and park, and a man got out; he was holding something in his hand. My husband got out of the car to go hand him our other key-cards. My husband arrived at the door of the new room at the same time as the staff person, and as he did, I decided to check out the new room for myself. As I entered the room, I saw that what the staffer had been holding in his hand was a spray-can. Of exactly what I couldn’t be sure, but he was walking around the room spraying the floors, beds and chairs, as well as spraying into the air. This was either/or: air freshener, odor neutralizer, or disinfectant. Whatever it was, though, did little to mask the distinct aroma of …. you guessed it, wet dog - again. Not quite as strong as the first room, but definitely noticeable.

My husband thought that this was acceptable, but I was arguing as the staffer left us with the new keys. We were done. We were beyond exhausted and it was almost 1:00 a.m. It was Christmas night and there were no other rooms available at Seralago.

I did what anyone else might – I whipped out my laptop, clicked into Seralago’s free wifi, and found us a different hotel almost across the street. A famous budget chain, but clean and sufficient for sleeping; we were all asleep before 2:00 a.m. – AND this hotel had a NOON checkout! Not only that, they offered us an even later checkout, extending it to 1:00 p.m.

I just cannot fathom how anyone would stay in those rooms. When we were there in November, we knew it was a pet-friendly hotel, but there was absolutely no trace that a pet had ever been in the room in which we’d stayed. Not only that, this was the first time that we drove to Florida from Pennsylvania, and we took our own dog (who was comfortably spending her own *vacation* in a reputable pet kennel, which, by the way, had a definite olfactory resemblance to the rooms we saw at Seralago on Christmas night/morning). We stayed in a pet-friendly hotel on our drive down, and in two different pet-friendly hotels on our way home again, and when we entered our rooms at these 3 hotels, we had no indication whatsoever that a pet had ever been in those rooms prior to us – EVER.

Goodbye forever, Seralago, I retract anything good I ever thought about your hotel; in fact, I will do whatever I can to get Walt Disney World to rescind their “Good Neighbor Hotel” status that you claim has been granted to you.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family