“2 star hotel with 3 star amenities...”

Seralago Hotel and Suites
Ranked #91 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Snellville, Georgia
“2 star hotel with 3 star amenities...”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel to me is a 2 star hotel room with 3 star amenities. I will say this. I booked through an online travel agency and paid a grand total of $120 for 3 nights. So that averages $40 bucks a night. I wouldn't pay anymore than that. The rooms are just standard. nothing special about them. I would plug my phone up at night to charge it and wake up the next morning not even charged. Trust me, wasn't the charger, it was the outlets. 1 loose and 1 without power. Then, as for the game room, 1/3 of the games were out of order and the prize machine was filled with junk. Also, games average cost was .75 to 1.00 each to play. Not counting the ones that i played and it didn't give me my tickets earned. When i told the front desk, they gave me my tickets then put a out of order sign on it rather than refilling the tickets b/c the game worked fine. The next morning we decided to eat at their onsite buffet breakfast b/c kids eat free. We walked in and the hostess seated us at a table that was in the center of the room and very visible by most all employees walking by. We sat there, my husband and I and our 2 kids (10 & 3) for 15 minutes and nobody ever came to take our drink orders or offer any information about the menu or buffet. 2 families were seated well after us, on each sides of our table, had been waited on and one table already got their drinks. We got up and walked out. I went to our room and contacted the front desk who listened to my story and said i can transfer you to the kitchen manager. I said okay, and when transferred i got his voice mail box. With us and our kids being hungry, we went across the street to Ponderosa and all of us ate at their breakfast buffet & got coffee and juice for a total of $19.00. and it was great! The next problem was with our door lock. After checking in at 3:00pm we went to our room, unloaded the car, and headed to the pool with our kids for some relaxation, after our long drive. Upon returning to our room our 10 year old was first to the room door with out a key and was able to push the closed door right open!! this was very disturbing because all of our things were in there. We called the office and they did send someone out to fix it. But it still happened again twice during our stay and the other two times me husband just played with it to get it fixed instead of wasting time waiting on them to come and fix it. The ac in the room was just cool, never blowing cold.

This hotel is in a great location! We loved the area and so did the kids, which is a huge plus! The pool was nice and went up to 9ft, there is also a kids pool and hot tub. The second pool we never went to but assume it would be nice as well. The pool side bar was nice also, with drink specials and very reasonable prices! As for the marketplace store, it is not worth going to. Like I said this hotel is in a great location with Publix and Walgreens within walking distance why pay 2-3x's more for stuff in their store? Also within walking distance are great restaurants and amusement parks. We very comfortably walked to OldTown and Fun Spot USA while other visitor to the parks, park at other businesses only to get towed in a matter of seconds!! Seriously!!!! Which with the location, hours, games, and prices of Fun Spot USA's Arcade Room I would never step foot into the hotels game room. To sum it up the room and customer service is 1-2 star. To me the only amenities worth using is the pool and tiki bar. Everything else is a waste of money.....

4 Thank jorscrazymom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Polish first
Houston,TX
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Pros: Location, Room OK, Price, Wi-fi. CERTIFIED(OFFICIAL) Disney sales rep.
Cons: BAD MATTRESS. Restaurant, Annoying and rude resort sales people.Do not
count on the fitness center, is minimal and does not even have weights.

The hotel didn't make it for me because the matresses are so bad. We call it the "banana"
mattress. They really bend all the way down, it was bad. We even took a picture of it to
remember the experience. They look more like a hammock than a mattress. I could feel the springs
in my ribs. I guess the only way I could sleep is because I was so tired after all the walking
in Disney World. For this reason, would not recommend this hotel.
Everything else was "just ok" for what you would expect for this price, except the location
which sincerely was great, close to the main highway and to Publix, Walgreens and lots of restaurants.

I had a bad experience with some guys that have couple of counters by the reception. They
are really is just trying to sell you a resort. Luckily, there is also another guy in the
far left that will sell the official tickets without trying to push you into buying anything.

The Restaurant did not look good, opt for eating out

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My opinion of the Seralago Hotel was overall very good. I disagree with the majority of negative reviews about this place as I think the hotel itself is actually in pretty good shape and is definitely not unclean. I didn't see anything or anywhere that I would consider unclean, including the public toilets in the lobby.
We paid barely anything for it as it was part of a package deal and it was much better than what we could have got for that amount of money.
The 2 pools were big with plenty of sun loungers, the jacuzzi was pleasant, the food court and general store was brilliant (as were the staff in there) as you could stock up on snacks and drinks for days out at a much lower cost than at the parks.
Maid service was exceptional and the room was clean, tidy and not out of date as some have claimed.
My only complaint would be-and excusing a few exceptions, who i unfortunately can't remember the names of-were the front desk and guest services staff. The guest services staff were by far the worst and anything you asked, you were just pointed in the direction of the front desk, or met my blank stares. The front desk were equally disinterested in your needs and the only good thing I can say about them is that when we arrived we found our room was miles away from the lobby and they did move us without question to a much more preferable location. Otherwise, nearly all of them were miserable and unhelpful-although so much so that it did provide my boyfriend and I with humour at least!
The free shuttles were good and always on time, although often busy, so best to get there about 15 minutes before so you don't have to stand on the bus.
All in all, a decent hotel that is by no means 5 star, but is comfortable, VERY clean, well looked after and for an excellent price. I would stay there again, but they could do with a bit of staff training for definite!

Room Tip: We found that our room, on the second floor facing the pool was ideal as we were far enough away fro...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chloe H
biloxi, ms
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The rooms are ok and right for the price. Rooms are comfortable, but do need some updating. Two large pools are great for the families with the front pool having a playground, kiddie pool, and a bar for the grownups. Old Towne next door and plenty of dining options abound. Only drawback is they need more scheduled transportation to the parks.

Room Tip: Pay the extra cost for a poolside room if travelling with kids. Quieter rooms are in the back buil...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank biloxichef
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I booked my trip 2 week trip to Orlando back in February for June 19th-July 4th with a family of four, part of the great price was that i was staying at this hotel, i didnt expect anything fancy but after reading reviews on this website ahead of time, i was scared to death to go to the seralago! after reading about bed bugs, horrible service, smelly and beat up rooms, but the truth is these people are overreacting or are way too picky. I had a great experience, the people were friendly, the pool was a little crowded but nice, and had a conveniant bar! There was an arcade, i think i spent more time in there then the children staying at the hotel!

I noticed some of the handrails hanging off and we called down 5 nights for wake up calls and they only called 3 of those 5, causing us to wake up late one day and having to reschedule. i was looking very closely for bugs in the rooms and did not find one during my entire stay! TV could have been a little better selection but for the time we were there it really didnt matter, and your right in the center of kissimmee next to old town which is nice if your looking for something to eat, some entertainment etc.

my biggest complaints are some of the people staying there oddly enough, we were in room 428 (great room by the way with great view of the pool and grounds), and after a long disney day me and my wife and daughter were out having a cigarette (Yes, she is old enough) before bed and just quietly talking about the wonderful day we had, the woman in room 430 came storming out to tell us to keep it down her small child was sleeping, and that we were at a hotel and it wasnt the place for 'partying and smoking' though we were in the smoking area, so technically it was the right place.. and we had two young children with us besides my 21 year old daughter so obviously there was no 'partying' happening. I found it off putting and quite frankly rude that i cannot sit with my family after a long day and have a casual conversation, and there were a couple of other kids who were very rude to my younger boys, throwing basketballs at them and refusing to share the basketball court. It resulted with them yelling and swearing. altogether i reccommend the serelago and if i do decide to stay again i hope we have a nicer bunch!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jeremy B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The hotel is of average quality. For the price they are charging, they could have done much more. On the outside, the hotel looks good, but the rooms are substandard. Our room spelled and the bathtub was dirty. They had a coffee maker but parts were missing. Not a coffee drinker but that's something you might wanna know. Nothing special. The staff was friendly. I travelled with family/kids. I would say it is ok for a family overnight stay.

Barceloneta, Puerto Rico
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The room we got smelled musty, the bathroom had mold on the walls and floor, the fridge had hair inside. The air conditioner made a noise that would not let us sleep all night. In the corridors were people talking loudly until about 3:00 am. The next morning I went to the front desk and no questions asked they changed my room, I could interpret this as they are aware of the conditions of the room.The second room I had was a much cleaner room, in fact when I opened the room the only thing that could smell was bleach that they used to clean the room, which I'm allergic. We closed the door, turned on the air conditioning on high and went to the park. When we returned the room was an oven, guess what ... AC did not work. We called the front desk and a half hours later the technician came, he entered the room and an ironic tone he said that it was the more cooling air they had, but he would change it anyway. An hour later, the technician had not returned with the new air conditioner. I went back to the front desk and they said they would call back to the technician to come to check the air. I tell them that the technician had already gone an hour ago and he said that he would change the air, but they were unable to explain us why the technician had not returned. In the end I asked them to chek me out and took over an hour waiting, ask for the manager and never came, I had to talk to another employee and in under 3 minutes I did check out.

Conclusion: I will never return to this hotel and to whoever ask my answer is: THIS HOTEL IS CRAP

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family