“Great Price, Clean, Roomy!”

Seralago Hotel and Suites
Ranked #88 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Great Price, Clean, Roomy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband, daughter, and I had a great time! We loved it. Clean room. Nice lobby.. and we loves the breakfast buffet.. KIDS EAT FREE too!

Room Tip: We were in room 960... We loved it!!! Quiet, clean, working ammenities
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Polish first
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

This hotel was very dirty! The first room smelled very strong like stale cigarette smoke. It appeared like a room some people would rent by the hour. We asked to move to another room. You could tell the staff had sprayed some airfreshener to hide an unpleasant smell. The beds were horrible and old. I entered the bathroom and there was a big roach sitting on the floor which I quickly killed. My daughter found a toenail on the floor and soap in the soap dish with a hair on it. When using the shower, the handle fell off. The water stank and when I phoned the front desk to find out if it was drinkable \i was told that it was not recommended. I then tried to get some botteled water out of the pop machine, but it was sold out. I had to wash down my meds with pop, as I had no access to clean water.

1 Thank Caroline V
Seralagogm, General Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
There is never an excuse for a dirty room with a smell and insects, therefore my sincere apologies to this guest. I always wish the guest would give our staff the opportunity to switch rooms again if needed and compensate for a less than satisfactory product. Unfortunately some guests disregard our non-smoking policy and we have to refresh the room in order to air out. Regarding the water in Kissimmee: although certainly fit to drink, we do recommend to use bottled water and we do have a Food Court open until 11:00 PM and 10 vending machines throughout the property with bottled water. I kindly ask the guest to contact the General Manager, so he will be able to compensate for a less than average stay.

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Dublin, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

We stayed at the Seralogo on Thursday, Feb. 2 in room 171. My wife turned the covers down on one double and said, "that's disgusting, I won't sleep there". Not wanting to be a complainer, I offered to sleep in that bed. As it turns out, Momma knows best...BEDBUGS!

The next day I discover half of my chest and back were covered with bites. A swath c. 2 to 3 inches wide from the middle of my chest to the middle of my back was raw and itching (pictures available).I meet with a pharmacist at the Walgreens in Ft. Myers who confirmed it and a Hydrocortizone treatment. Six days later the symptoms still persist.

To paraphrase a popular refrain from a Johnny Cash song, "Momma don't let your children...STAY AT THE SERALAGO". There are hundreds of children that stay there every week. I can't imagine any one of them having to endure this kind of pain and discomfort with open, leprosy-like sores on their way to and from the happiest place DisneyWorld.

I recommend travelers not book any more reservations at Seralago until there is a clean bill of health by the local, county and state health agencies,

Bill
Dublin, OH

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bill2go
Seralagogm, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Hotel Management did respond to the guest directly and apologized for inconvenience and suffering of bites. Management is also compensating guest for stay. Unfortunately guest never reported their experience to hotel management and now it is 14 days after the incident. Management takes any bedbug reporting very serious and a team of trained staffmembers inspected, now occupied room. No bedbug activity was ever found by the inspection team or prior guests or housekeeping staff. Although bedbugs are certainly an issue for all hotels in America at any level, the hotel staff is fully trained in identifying bed bugs if present and effectively treating the guest room when needed. Management can also assure that no bedbugs are present at the hotel and most bites or rashes reported are not from bed bugs, but from other Florida creatures.

Management
Seralago Hotel & Suites
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

I thought that for the price the hotel was great! I thought it was going to be a roach motel due to the price and I was suprisingly shocked! Super clean great to go with large family the 2 room suite has 3 queen beds and a sofa sleeper. It had a sink counter and microwave and frige excellent

3 Thank sabinafam
Chetwynd, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

We just returned from Florida. We found the hotel to be clean and fairly quiet. My only problem was that we were way at the back and had to walk a bit to get to the front office. I would stay there again. It was close to a few restaurants ( a little bit of a walk), Denny's restaurant was close and it has great food and excellant service.
Karen from BC

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Karen H
Halifax, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

Our room was broken into as well as 4 others with a crowbar! The rooms are old and in need of renovations. The carpets are rotten, the beds are worn out and hard, the TV is very old and bad picture. We got food posioning from the Red Lobster next door. If you still want to go, be very careful, maybe carry a gun.

Room Tip: don't stay in the back of the building. There is a tree line, not safe, so the police told me.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank samantha d
New Britain, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

The first day there we found a cockroach in the room, so we ask to change the room. The rooms need to be updated, the curtains are disgusting, I read the reviews and book it anyways, We were in a budget . Would not stay here again. The hotel is in a great location, right near old town, which was great cause we walk at night time. All the resturants are near by.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family