“BED BUGS!”

Ranked #88 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Tampa, Florida
“BED BUGS!”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Let me first say I am a travel agent so I know sometimes people can tend to make things sound worse then they are when they are upset so I take reviews with a grain of salt but trust me when I say this place does have bed bugs. We drove over from Tampa the night before to spend the next day at Disney so we only needed a place for the night so I figured this place would be fine since we really only needed a place to sleep. We stayed there a week ago and now my daughter and I have bed bug bites. When the bites showed up on us the other day I did some research and sure enough the bites are from bed bugs. All in rows of 3 to 4 bites. We now must clean the entire house and pray they did not travel home with us. Beware, the rooms here are at a good rate but you will spend more on cleaning products once you get home to get rid of bed bugs not to mention the bites you will have on you're arms and legs so it is not worth it in the long run. You get what yiou pay for.

5 Thank mangelo77
Seralago-Hotel, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Unfortunately, bed bugs have become an increasing nightmare for hotels all over the country, including upscale properties. This is the first that we are hearing about a problem with this room. This guest, and several families that stayed in the room after this guest, have never complained about any insects.

It is very easy for management to say that we did not find anything at all; however, after careful inspection we did find a little bug. As we take all complaints seriously, this room will be taken out of order and treated with a heating process which will take care of any and all possible activity within hours.

Unfortunately, hotels and entertainment venues all over the world are having problems with bugs because they are almost impossible to prevent, as they are carried inside by the same or previous people through luggage and/or clothing. It is expensive to treat, but I can assure each guest that all rooms are inspected daily and when treatment is required, it is done.

There are no bed bugs at the Seralago Hotel & Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Polish first
Davie, FL
Reviewed June 26, 2011

This place needs a serious makeover. Sure, they have good deals, but you pay for what you get.

First, the old guy at the check-in desk had no clue. I gave him my drivers license, and he still put my name in the system wrong and thus couldn't find my reservation.

When we got to the room, it was like we were transported back to the 80s. The decor is old, the paint job is depressing and the bedding just looked worn. The sink plug didn't work. The only positive things were that the shower head was good and the bed/pillows pretty comfy. The room was relatively clean, too.

When we got back to our room in the evening, the room smelled of marijuana, which was clearly coming from the room next door to us. That should tell you the kind of clientele this place usually attracts.

I will avoid staying here next time.

1 Thank OhAySis

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Lutz, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Stayed June 17 - June 20th, 2011.
Here is a brief overview of my stay followed by an extremely detailed review:
1. I was lied to about the fact that grills were on the property. Went out bought my own grill. Was told that I couldn't grill on the property even after being told that I could. Wasted my money.

2. Whirlpool tub didn't work.

3. Sister's I.D. was stolen from our room.

4. Someone took a -- in the pool twice while I was there.

5. Both air conditioning broke in our 2 room suite and had to be completely replaced.

6. Unsure of how clean the pools are.

7. I say the sleep quality was average. Cleanliness was average (found left over items from other guests I give it a 2 star on value. The Spa was nice. Not great, but nice. The swimming pool served it's purpose, however, I have a habit of nibbling my upper and lower lips and tasted saltiness while I was in the pool. Pool water should not be salty... From close up the water looks normal but from far away it has a green tinge. I'm developing a rash. Not sure if those 2 things coincide.

Just as a warning: IF you're planning on staying here for 1 night, you might just be okay, but it's not good for an extended stay. If you're just tired and want to get off the road and have a hot shower that's all this place is good for. You'll see a lot of reviews that'll say the hotel is outdated and it's very true. Personally, I like an 80s vibe in places. If you're looking for a modern hotel, you will be sorely disappointed. Even to look at it it's really old. Sort of like the hotels that become home to crack heads and fugitives.

Now, on with the in depth review.
First of all, I want to say that despite several problems that I incurred at this hotel, I was willing to give it at least a 3 star review because the problems were minor. However, on a grander scale, putting it all together made me realize this hotel doesn't deserve 3 stars.

I will start off by saying that the reviews here are so mixed because some of these issues are not going to effect everyone, however, it is important to know that staying at this hotel will be risky because any one of the negative reviews could apply to you. My mistake was thinking that I'd be one of the lucky few.

Okay, to start, we booked a 2 Room Suite for $85 a night plus $25 taxes for a 3 night stay through "Stayhereplayhere.com" - Its' even cheaper if you agree to do a time share. We had a whirlpool tub in our room which was a very nice size. Very roomy, however, the jets did not work so basically it was nothing but an over sized tub. The next day of our first stay, my sister's photo I.d. went mysteriously missing while we were all out. We literally checked every corner of the suite and it was gone and there is a pending investigation and based on other terrible ratings on this site, other people has experienced missing items as well. Again, I was hoping I'd be among the lucky...

Before booking the Room, I knew I'd need to do some bar-b-queing so that our family would have something to eat for dinner on one of the nights we stayed. I was pressed for time and it was looking more and more likely that I wouldn't have the time with my proceeding schedule in the coming days so I called the hotel and asked if they had Grills on the property. I was told that they do. I was content and trusted the judgement of the upfront personnel who answered the phone.

So we arrive to the hotel and on day 1, I didn't see any grills anywhere but I didn't need them at the time. Mind you, I have meat that has been marinating for 2 days and needs to cook before it spoils.... So by day 2, I absolutely needed to go ahead and get it on the grill. There are 2 pools. One in the back where I rooms were, And 1 in the front building where the standard rooms are.... When I didn't see any grills, I called up to the front desk to ask "Where are your grills?" - The girl at the desk gave a strange answer. She said, "Usually by the pool." -- Evidently, she must have thought I asked, "Where do we grill at?" because I figure if the grills are by the pools, they either ARE or they're not.

Anywho... We went to the pool in the back and realized there were no grills and we swam and decided to grill later. It wasn't until the next day, when we were informed the back pool was closed because someone actually used the bathroom in the pool (#2) but the front pool was opened. Now mind you, I know the hotel doesn't have control over what people decide to do... after all, we all have an expectation that people WONT do nasty things like that... but my disgust came with the fact that they only had a maintenance guy come and fish the feces out and the pool was opened no less than 12 hours later.... How in the hell could you have cleaned a pool thoroughly enough to be swam in again. This happened twice in the same pool during my 3 night stay, by the way.

So anyway, after finding out the pool was closed, I decided this was an opportunity to see the grills at the front pool. Low and behold, there were no grills. I called back up to the front desk and was told there were no grills. Now, at this point, I've talked to 3 people about grilling and neither of them told me about an anti-grilling policy. IN FACT the first 2 lead me to believe that grills were not only at the hotel but were accepted. So as upset as I was, I was still going to give this hotel at least a 3.

I had to go out and buy a temporary throw away grill from the store for $10 along with the coals and lighter fluid. On the last night, I proceeded to take my grill, meat, and supplies to the pool just outside of our room in the back and again, it was closed because someone had taken another -- in it. I made my way up to the front pool and set up everything and began grilling. We were grilling for a good hour and a half and everything was fine. Then up walks the maintenance guy who was extremely nice... I have no complaints about him. He said, "I'm sorry but there is no grilling on the hotel property." Then I proceeded to explain to him that I had been told or lead to believe that grilling was allowed by 3 different persons. 1st, the person who told me that grills were already there. 2nd by the girl who told me grilling was done by the pool. and 3rd by the guy who told me there were no grills. All 3 of them had the opportunity to tell me that "There is no grilling on the property" and none of them did. In fact, the first 2 told me it would be allowed.

He said, "Oh, okay, well I'll have the manager come out and speak to you then. Just tell him what you told me and he'll make that decision." -- Again, he was very nice about it. Before the manager came out, a security guard, an old Spanish guy in his $60 came out with a serious little look on his face... Had a very "Scarface" type demeanor and said, "You gotta put that out... You can't have that grill out here..." --- And the smug little attitude he had wasn't inviting or courteous... we were literally being treated like criminals. He wouldn't even make eye contact with us... He said something into his walky talky and people were staring at us... And as I was explaining him that I was waiting on the manager... he kept telling me I had to put it out until the maintenance guy showed up and reconfirmed that I was waiting on the manager... After some hesitation he finally stepped off to the side and eventually left for a little bit...

After about 10 minutes, the hotel manager came out and talked with me and I explained my situation. I told him that I wouldn't have honestly 1) spent my money on the grill and supplies (over $30 total including coal, lighter fluid, the grill, and utensils) had I not been told that grills were on the site before I booked and that my entire stay was based around that lie. However, I informed him that the coals were dying down and I was on my last bit of meat and I'd be done momentarily... He then told me I could leave the property and grill my meat on the side of the street in front of the hotel... While I understood his position, that was a bit insulting. After having stressed how much of an inconvenience this ordeal was, he eventually asked me how much more time I would need. I said, "About an hour..." collectively he and the security guard who had joined him said, "Ohhh no no no.... an hour?? That's too long... this needs to be put out soon... No we can't do an hour.... Then he looked at the security guard and told him to give me 15 minutes..."

I was cooking exotic meats... the meats would have been ruined if I had to stop cooking them, wet down the grill... take the grill to another location... and try to relight it... It would have been a waste of time, money, and meat. Luckily, The guard gave me 30 minutes and I was done by the time he got back, however, I had more meat that I needed to grill. I asked to be compensated in some way and the manager" Chris Richardson said flat out that he wasn't going to compensate me. I wasn't asking for a free night but considering the fact that I had to go out and buy a grill and spend $30 on supplies that I'd never fully utilize, I felt I was owed some type of compensation and he refused...

The moral of the story is, the hotel got my money on false pretenses and were unwilling to make their wrong right. I will absolutely never choose this hotel again. I would have paid double what I paid to stay elsewhere.

4 Thank jmarti2324
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This place was horrible. I read some of the reviews n I can't believe how some ppl can say this place was nice. We had a suite n it was very dirty. The beds were very nasty. On the beds they had no fitted sheets so the mattresses were always exposed. They didn't clean the room for the whole four days we were there. Never changed the linen we had 2 do it ourself. I mean I can definitly go on in on. They say the breakfast is complimentary but no. The kids ate free which was a plus but the breakfast was horrible me n my children had to go across the street to mcdonalds after I already paid that's how bad it was. All I can say is when me n my children got home we slept for two whole days strait from lack of comfort form our entire stay. I hope someone would think twice before they stay at the seralogo hotel.

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank MsPainn
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed June 15, 2011

This was by far the worst hotel experience in my life. It began with wrong directions by the front desk. They took us 45 minutes to the east rather than the west. After we arrived and unpacked we found that our door would not lock - the key card did not work. We packed up the kids and our stuff and moved to another room at 10 p.m. Two days later our key card wouldn't let us in. Back to the front desk. Another day later we returned to our room after being at Disney all day only to find that the door was open. Key card did not work and the lock was not turned on. Room was unlocked and unsecure the entire day! Toilet ran all night. Neighbors kept us up by talking outside our room until 1:30 a.m. We called the front desk 4 times and were told they were taking care of it. Never happened. I spoke with Joe at the front desk. He joked that I didn't know his name so he would be off the hook for all the issues. Joe, I remember your name and the crappy service we received. Finally at check out we spoke with a manager who said she would call us with a resolution. She never called us and never logged all the issues we encountered. We will never stay here again. Oh, I didn't mention the drug deal going on near the pool or the clientele this place attracts. Save up your money and find a better place down the street.

4 Thank neveragainjoe
Springfield
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We had a great time staying at the Seralago Hotel. We found everyone that worked there was very helpful and friendly. We were in a suite and we loved it. Our housekeeper was Ana and she kept the room spotless. It was well worth the money spent . It is very inexpensive compared to staying at some of the hotels in the area. It is a 5 minute walk to Old Town and there are so many places to eat right by the hotel. You can walk to any of them. They had 2 pools that were beautiful and kept very clean and they had piles of towels for you to use there. It's a good family hotel and I would stay there again the next time we go to Florida.

Room Tip: Suites are very roomy if you have children
5 Thank Linda P
Fort Stewart GA
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We picked this hotel after reviewing others in the area well might I just say bad choice. They had great rates but that's it. First off they put us in a smoking room after knowing I had a child with allergies ( I made that clear when I called and made reservations) well they were nice about moving us but then they put us in a room with a broke air conditioner. The room was dirty and the bed had stains and hair on the sheets. I called and requested another room after seeing the air conditioner was broke and seeing the mess, I was asked to come back up to the front desk. I went back to the front desk and a older gentlemen whom worked there told me I needed to be patient and give them a chance to fix things. I simply said that the air conditioner needed to be fixed and the room needed to be cleaned or they could move us again or give us our money back. He told me there were no more rooms we could be moved to but he was sending a maintance man over to fix the air conditioner. The air conditioner was fixed that night and I changed the bedding myself. When I called for more bedding and towels we normally wait anywhere from 30-45 minutes for them to bring it. I even told them I would come pick the bedding and towels up because I figured it would get done quicker that way but they wouldn't allow me to. I was told that they had complmentary breakfast NO it's $6.00 per person and it's not worth it save your money and drive across the street to MCDoanld's. We choose them based on their website being very military friendly and pet friendly as well but that was a mistake on my part. Most of the employees were friendly but it's a dirty place to stay. My pets whom were just at the vets office before we made the trip and had a clean bill of health when they were at the vets after coming home from staying at the hotel now have fleas these are inside dogs we treat the yard with flea and tick killer and have always kepted them bathed and clean now have fleas aftered discussing it with the vet she said the only place they could have caught the fleas at was the hotelroom and it was a pet room ( so please don't take your animals)! I no that most people have to stay where they can afford but there are plenty of affordable hotels in that area that provide the same amenities if not more that the Seralago. Just take my word you WON'T be satisfied with your stay!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family