The stay was in the villas, which are an apartment-style accommodation.
I've got a few complaints, but let me say first of all that the rooms were clean, the grounds well-kept, everything worked, front desk attendants were friendly, and the breakfast was better than expected. Now the complaints:
1. The wireless internet was very definitely available ONLY in the lobby, and that was a weak signal at best.
2. Could it kill the hotel to have yellow pages in each room? The hotel has no restaurant and there are no adjacent restaurants. I don't know what it is that they don't want guests to know by keeping phone books out of the guest rooms.
3. Keep in mind that the Guest Relations desk is not like a concierge. It only seems to be there to help guests buy Disney tickets, and is fairly useless for anything more.
4. The hotel was not even close to capacity while I was there, but the timing of housekeeping services was completely unpredictable. On one particular day when we wanted the room serviced, we got back at 1:30 and learned that no one had been there. Being tired, I took a nap and put the "do not disturb" sign on the door. Later that afternoon, housekeeping had left a note stating that they had tried to service the room twice - once in the AM and once about 3 PM - and that the "do not disturb" sign was on the door all day. That was a complete lie as the room was fully available in the morning! This incident marred what had been a good and trouble-free 5-day stay.
I would say that the breakfast is much more than juice, coffee, and day-old donuts. We actually sort of looked forward to breakfast each day (though it was the same thing each day, guess it might get old a week in).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As an Walt Disney World Good Neighbor(R) Hotel, The Palms Hotel & Villas wants to be your home away from home. When traveling for business or pleasure, we offer the ultimate in convenience, comfort and value.The Palms Hotel and Villas offers great accommodations, where you will have everything you could possibly need during your stay. With 125 condominium style one and two bedroom suites, our hotel is the perfect fit for everyone's sleeping needs.Relax and unwind by our large crystal clear swimming pool, whirlpool, children's pool, sun deck, basketball court, game room, beautiful gazebo areas with picnic tables and gas grills. Wireless internet is available in all rooms. Deluxe Continental Breakfast and Scheduled Shuttle Service to Walt Disney World(R) Resort. These are just a few of the many features that will make your visit a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Palms Hotel and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- The Palms Hotel
- Palms Hotel Villas