“Quiet, clean, affordable and pet friendly!”

The Palms Hotel and Villas
Ranked #90 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Cody, Wyoming
“Quiet, clean, affordable and pet friendly!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Basic rooms, great to be able to cook. Breakfast, lots to choose from. Plenty of seating at the pool. Close to I4 and not too far from the Turnpike. A few restaurants (I ate at the Italian one) down the street.

Room Tip: Room 215, close to the pool without the noise of being at the pool. Ground level with parking right...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Bolishous

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We have used this hotel for our last three consecutive family vacations to Orlando and we will continue to do so because of the great value and proximity to attractions.

The hotel provides a very good breakfast that includes eggs, french toast or waffles, several types of breads, muffins, four types of cereal, oatmeal, fruit cocktail, milk, juices, coffee, tea, and an assortment of pastries. We do keep hoping, however, that someday they will add some type of meat like sausage, bacon, or ham.

The rooms are old and could use updating, as could the towels, but the staff tries to keep everything clean and they are attentive whenever anything is needed. The heated pool is spacious and nice for relaxing after long days at the parks (there is also a hot tub).

The free shuttles are convenient for the trips to the parks, however, return trips (especially from Disney), can be tense and upsetting due to the first-come-first-serve free-for-all that can result when tired visitors realize that the number of people waiting for the shuttle exceeds the shuttle capacity.

Finally, we do agree that a second floor room away from the highway is a must for a pleasant experience.

In summary, (1) Great value for a suite, (2) older property, (3) accommodating staff, (4) good breakfast that we wish included some type of meat, (5) free shuttle that is usually overcrowded and stressful, and (6) second floor room away from the highway is a must.

Bottom line: We will continue to stay there for our vacations, but do wonder if overall updates to the hotel will be required to maintain current value for visitors.

2 Thank wilandmichelle
Holland, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Booked this thinking what a great deal for 70$...my fault for being Dutch I guess. Staff friendly however! When we walked in there was a lizard in the middle of the floor that freaked out my 5 yer old daughter, and my wife...so after killing that and searching fr more I quickly searched for other resorts in the area as this place smelled bad,had bad decorating,twin size beds, and just old rundown feeling. If we weren't dead tired from driving 14 hours we woulda left that night. I ate the 200$ and switched to another place. Good location but needs some serious upgrading and remodeling. Could be a good place if redone.

1 Thank JasonM265

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Mass
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel is in need of some serious updating. Our recent stay there was a bit of a disappointment based on high reviews from other travelers. If this hotel rates 16 out of 165 hotels I have to wonder what the rest of the hotels in this area are like. I would not give this lodging more than a two star rating. Kitchen cabinets were totally worn out and glasses, dishes, etc were few (4 glasses total and about the same for other dinner ware). Our dishwasher was run by housekeeping with only 3 glasses in it but perhaps this is a requirement? Living space was minimal but the double double bedroom was large and comfortable. The location was wonderful as was the price - I guess you get what you pay for. The included "continental" breakfast was excellent with a very large variety of breakfast foods. If you are looking for an affordable no frills place to stay this is the place.

Room Tip: get an upstairs room if possible because on the lower floor you can hear every footstep above you.
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I recently stayed at The Palms Hotel and Villas for a quick business trip near Disney. I found the hot tub wonderful after the cramped airline seats and took a quick dip in the heated pool before bed as well. The breakfast area was large and had plenty of options for me to fuel up before I hit the road. With a late checkout at 1pm, I didn't have to drag my belongings with me to my meeting and I found the staff very friendly. Wifi is FAST and seemed to reach the entire property, as I like to make calls and surf the web as I pace outdoors. In my opinion this was a great value for a one bedroom apartment with a kitchen this close to Disney. I'll definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I like the buildings by the pool personally.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank LifeisTooShortSoLive
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Would recommend to anyone that has limited time to deal with details. Management is very accommodating, has been there for a long time, and takes care of everything. If you arent going to spend all day in your room complaining about a crumb or the road noise (its orlando, you are gonna get road noise or kids or old people waking up at 5am deal with it) even though you arent spending $2000 for the week and you are there to have fun and not complain because you are on vacation, and dont want to worry about the small stuff, I would stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John S
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We spent four nights at the Palms on a recent family vacation to Disney. For $80 a night for a one-bedroom suite, we weren't expecting anything beyond "adequate" and that's exactly what you get - a clean, reasonably sized suite together with a bare bones complimentary breakfast. The outdoor pool area (heated pool) is quite nice (hot tub a bit too hot), the breakfast room is spacious and pleasant. Wifi was good, appreciated the free USA Today and we were grateful for delayed checkout (to 1 pm) on our last day. Room was cleaned daily and housekeeping was responsive when we needed extra towels, shampoo etc.

A few minor complaints: the door to our room was old and warped (saw many others in the same condition), so light flooded in from the outside even when the door was closed. The free shuttle to Disney they advertise is a joke - first one is at 7 am, then the next not till 10.30! We ended up driving ourselves. The coffee at breakfast was pretty awful.

One major complaint: highway noise! Most of the rooms are near a major highway, and the windows are old and single-pained so it sounded like the trucks were rolling past your head at night. I slept with ear plugs and even they were only marginally helpful. Note to management: invest in new windows!!

Bottom line: We loved the location (about as close as you can get to Disney without staying at a Disney property) and the price was right. But if you're a light sleeper, do not expect to get much sleep!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wade M, General Manager at The Palms Hotel and Villas, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts and comments about your visit with us and with our future guests

Your gracious comments about our location, value for price paid, rooms, pool area, and the service from our housekeeping staff is appreciated.

I am sorry that one of our six scheduled trips to Epcot at Walt Disney World did not more comfortably fit your schedule, and that you were not satisfied with our complimentary breakfast, which consists of waffles, eggs, French toast, white and wheat toast, bagels, a selection of fresh pastries, a choice of three cold cereals, oatmeal, muffins, fresh fruit, a selection of fruit juices and drinks, regular and decaf coffees, teas, and milk.

In addition, I have directed our Maintenance department to check all of the appropriate guestroom doors for the problem that you kindly noted. We encourage guests to contact any member of our staff, or hotel management during your stay should you have any questions or concerns, as our staff would have been more than happy to change the room of any of our guests who found that their room location was not one for light sleepers.

We appreciate your patronage, and look forward to your return again! Your feedback is important in meeting and exceeding your expectations and those of our future guests, and I am glad that you were willing to share the details of your visit. Thank you again!!

Wade D. Michael, CHA, CMCA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Galleria Palms Hotel
Galleria Palms Hotel
#7 of 152 in Kissimmee
Quality Suites Royale Parc Suites
Comfort Suites Maingate East
Americas Best Value Inn Winter Haven
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Been to The Palms Hotel and Villas? Share your experiences!