“Disney World's Best Kept Secret”

The Palms Hotel and Villas
Ranked #88 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We keep going back and it gets better and better. In the last 6 months we have been to Disney approximately 4 times and each time we go back we ALWAYS stay at this hotel (and have been staying here for years). It has everything you could need for a great vacation and much more!!!! It has a full kitchen, amazing breakfast (included with the rate) and many more amenities such as fitness room, pool, hot tub, and grills for a great bbq. The staff is very friendly and helpful - especially Brian. Each and every time we go back to this hotel, we are met with great customer service that is very rare these days!!! This hotel is affordable, comfortable, enjoyable and very very close to all the parks and attractions. Keep up the good work and customer service!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites - it is great - I love the separate bedroom so I can put my kids to bed and...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank LeslieRG
SOSinNC, General Manager at The Palms Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and your positive comments about your visit to our hotel. We do appreciate your recognition of the benefits of visiting our resort and our staff’s commitment to your comfort. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

We value and appreciate your patronage, and look forward to your return! Your feedback is invaluable in meeting and exceeding your expectations, and those of our future guests, and I appreciate that you were willing to share the details of your visit with them.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

We had no major issues, but lots of little things added up to a subpar stay. Carpets were worn &a not entirely clean. Room has a kitchen, but poor selection of flatware & dishes. Dishwasher door was rusty & bent.

The property itself shows signs of general neglect. We noticed several units with cracked windows while walking the property.

On a positive note, the staff was friendly & it was a cheap stay. Would not stay here again though..

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Panzer88

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your comments. Our goal is to not only meet and exceed the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as we can. I apologize that your experience at our hotel was less than 100% to your satisfaction.

I have directed our Maintenance department to look into and correct our problems with the items that you brought to our attention. We encourage guests to contact any member of our staff, or hotel management during your stay should you have any questions or concerns. The Palms Hotel & Villas has housekeeping and maintenance team members on site from 7AM to 11PM daily so even late evening requests can be handled.

Again, thank you for the comments that you have shared with us and fellow guests, and again I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is invaluable to help us improve to better provide for the comfort of our future guests.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

My husband and I were in Orlando for the MLG competition at the Gaylord Palms. We didn't want to stay on site so we looked for reasonable hotels in the area. We booked the online pre-paid rate for a King for four nights. The rate was around 67 per night plus tax and the resort fee.

The Good:
To be honest, we didn't need the kitchen area, but it was nice to have a separate section off from the bedroom. The fridge was dated but worked and seemed clean enough. Older appliances can only be kept so clean. The room itself was alright. It was very clean, just dated. I think we paid about the right price for what we got. Overall it seemed like it had been built cheaply but kept in pretty good repair. We never received housekeeping service because we kept our privacy sign on the entire stay. There were plenty of linens in the room for us to even have towels left over at the end of our stay so we never really needed service. Loved the bed, we slept very well on it. Also, all the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful.

The Bad:
On a King bed there were only three pillows which I thought was rather odd, but not a huge deal. There was an extra one in the bathroom closet (I assume for the sofa pullout which we didn’t use) but it didn’t have a pillow case on it. I also noticed that none of the pillows had protectors on them. Working in the hotel industry myself, that raised a huge red flag. When we arrived we noticed that a bed room lamp and the light above the toilet were not working. I reported the lamp issue to the desk, but since we left the sign on the entire time it was never fixed. It didn’t bother us so we didn’t mind not having it work, but still, housekeeping should have noticed this when they cleaned the room to make it vacant. The carpet was probably the worst thing about them room. As soon as I put my bare feet on it I knew it needed to be cleaned. It had that sticky feeling that dirty carpet has. When I looked at the bottom of my feet late on the first night we were there, they had a turned gray so I wore socks or shoes for the rest of the stay.

Other Comments:
It is well in the back of a road with a lot of other hotels but the area was very quiet. I don’t know if it was just the off season, or if that is normal. I suppose you are within walking distance to restaurants, but it is a nice piece down that road. The location of the event we were there for was a little over 2 miles according to Google but it seemed like longer than that. Several other people we knew had booked there as well and hadn’t brought a car which ended up being a major problem for them. We never used the pool or went to breakfast so I can’t comment on any of that. Overall it was a decent stay and I felt he value for what we paid was about right.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
SOSinNC, General Manager at The Palms Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts and comments. We do appreciate your recognition of our commitment to your comfort by your kind words. We are glad to see that we have earned your trust, and that we will be able to enjoy your business again!

I am sorry some difficulties were encountered with the carpet and light bulbs in your room. We will give this our immediate attention.

Again, thank you for the comments that you have shared with us and our future guests. We value and appreciate your continued patronage.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

This was our first time staying at the Palms Hotel and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful (especially Brian at the front desk), The rooms were really clean and comfortable, and the breakfast is very good. The location is fantastic if you are doing the local attractions. Overall, I love this place, and the price is excellent! If your planning on a vacation, trust me this is the place to stay. We stayed there for 12 nights from September 09 - 20, 2011.

1  Thank Sue S
SOSinNC, General Manager at The Palms Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and your positive comments about your visit to the Palms Hotel & Villas. We do appreciate your recognition of the benefits of visiting our resort and our staff’s commitment to your comfort. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Wade D. Michael, CHA

Reviewed September 30, 2011

This hotel was great! It was clean and well kept. We also stayed witha sports team and it was loud. I would recommend asking for a room that faces the parking lot. That kept the noise to a minimum. I had a 2 year old who slept well during the day and in the evening. It was homey nad close to Wal-Mart and Disney. Some of the TV's and appliances are out-dated and varied a lot by room. But overall, it's a great price that's close to the action. and the warm buffet breakfast that's included kept costs down.

Room Tip: Pick one that faces the parking lot not the pool. This cuts the noise down ALOT!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments about your visit to our hotel. We do appreciate your recognition of our commitment to your comfort, and do want you to know that we are working hard to update our resort in order to continue to deserve your patronage.

We also are pleased that you were more than please with our close proximity to the Disney resort areas, and with the value of our complimentary breakfast.

Again, thank you for the comments that you have shared with us and fellow guest, and for your travel trip. Your feedback is invaluable in meeting and exceeding your expectations, and those of our future guests.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

The room was a good size and the kitchen convenient. Had a few sports teams staying so it was loud till all hours of the night. Room key was a pain...had to have it changed almost everyday as we got locked out regularly. Didn't have enough blankets for the pull out. Carpet was completely worn in some spots. Our room was rarely restocked with coffee, dish detergent or conditioner. I think it happened to others as well as I always saw people taking tray loads of coffee from the breakfast bar to their room. The breakfast was pretty bad with no fruit in sight. The shuttle was great and always on time. The pool always had bugs floating around in it but was a good size and temp. Hot tub was nice after a long day at Disney. The kitchen was missing dishes...only had 3 bowls and 2 glasses for 5 people. But we made the best of what we were given!!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with small kids in a stroller ask for a ground level room. There are no elevat...
1  Thank CanadiangirlOttawa
SOSinNC, General Manager at The Palms Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to rate your visit to our hotel. I regret that your experience at our hotel was less than 100% to your satisfaction, and apologize for our shortcomings. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as we can.

I am sorry some difficulties were encountered in your room. Our housekeeping department would like to apologize if you found their service not up to par with their usually high standards. We are truly embarrassed that we let you down. In addition, I am sorry that your evening was disturbed by the inconsiderate actions of other guests. We encourage guests to contact any member of our staff, or hotel management during your stay should you need additional amenities or if we overlooked anything. We have housekeeping and maintenance team members on site from 7AM to 11PM daily so even late evening requests can be handled.

I regret that you did not enjoy our complimentary breakfast. Our daily selections include waffles, eggs, French toast, white and wheat toast, bagels, a selection of fresh pastries, a choice of three cold cereals, oatmeal, muffins, fresh fruit, a selection of fruit juices and drinks, regular and decaf coffees, teas, and milk.

We take a great deal of pride I our pool and recreational facilities, and I was glad to read that you enjoyed your time there.

Again, thank you for the comments that you have shared with us and fellow guests. We value and appreciate your patronage. Your feedback is invaluable to assist us to improve so we can better provide for our future guests.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

This hotel is horrible! Beware of this hotel! We traveled as a large group with young athletes competing at the ESPN Center. We booked here because we thought it would be convenient to the Center. Wow, were we sorry!

The conveniet location didn't make up for the poor condition of the rooms and the overall
shoddy maintenance and the noise. One night there were loud police sirens around the
complex and if you were unfortunate enough to have rooms on one side of the building there was truck noise all night long. Our coach ended up having to change rooms at 2:00 in the morning the night before the event. The management was not at all helpful. It was so bad we wanted to check out and provided notice 48 hours in advance yet were told that we would still be charged for the additional night on the three night reservation.

Not the place you want to be with a group of kids, or frankly at all if you are looking for
a pleasant vacation. It was very seedy and none of us felt secure. There even seemed to be transients living long term in some of the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Polo202

I was sorry to read that your guestroom was not to your expectations, and would like to apologize that you found our services not up to par with our usually high standards. We encourage guests to contact any member of our staff, or hotel management, during your stay should we be able to be of assistance. We have housekeeping and maintenance team members on site from 7AM to 11PM daily, and a manager on duty 24/7, so even late evening requests can be handled. I was glad to read that a member of your group did take advantage of this, and our staff quickly responded by changing the room of our guest who found that their room location was not one for light sleepers.

Our resort is located parallel to a major interstate, and, unfortunately, our neighborhood as well as all of the hotels in area are subject to the noise from emergency vehicles who may travel this interstate to assist in emergency situations.

It was unfortunate that your team was less than successful with their endeavors at the tournament. As you were advised when your group made their original plans with us, and reiterated with each individual at check in, early departures are indeed not acceptable. This is due to the considerations that we extended to your group based upon staying a certain number of nights.

I am sorry that in spite of security patrols by our neighborhood security service, in addition to the security personnel that is provided by our resort, you did not feel comfortable during your visit. In addition to these two separate nightly patrols and a manager on duty, all of our rooms are equipped with key card access, deadbolt locks, secondary locks, smoke alarms, and a sprinkler system and emergency alarm system throughout all rooms and public areas. Also, our guests are limited by zoning and association regulations to a maximum stay of thirty days. This differentiates our resort from many hotels in the area who can allow persons to reside in their accommodations. I’m glad to let you know that your notion that our hotel allows transient occupancy is indeed unfounded.

Again, thank you for the comments that you have shared with us and fellow guests, and again I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We value and appreciate your patronage. Your feedback is invaluable to assist us to improve so we can better provide for our future guests.

Wade D. Michael, CHA, CMCA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Seasons Florida Resort
Seasons Florida Resort
#22 of 155 in Kissimmee

Been to The Palms Hotel and Villas? Share your experiences!