All reviews lobster restaurant bunk beds room was clean mickey waffles free breakfast disney world hard boiled eggs yogurt animal kingdom disney vacation shuttle service near disney would stay again main gate hot tub coffee maker mini fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed April 2, 2019

PROS:
Being able to get to the park within minutes is always a plus. ( Only less than 7 minutes to Animal kingdom and no more than 20 minutes Disney Spring which is the furthest)
Walmart was 3 to 4 minutes drive and so many fast food and restaurants near by.
Hotel room on the small side when comparing to Baymont across street but fit my family of 5 with no problem. (1 bunk bed and 2 Queens)
Hotel got breakfast included

CONS:
Although the room fits all 5 of us, it only has 1 sink which is located inside the small bathroom. that means if someone taking a shower or using the washroom, you would have no access to a sink to wash your dishes or even hands. I am taking this as con because comparing to the same type of value hotel across street , baymont, its bunk bed suite has two sinks and one of them located outside of the bathroom.

The cleanness is on the lower end, we found that the floor is not fully vacuumed in the open area. I also found that they do not do any cleaning for the bath room area as I can still see hair on the floor.

The bed is comfy but once again I found stains on the bed sheet makes me wonder the overall cleanness.
The WIFI connection is horrible. The WIFI modem was right outside of my room but 80% of the time we has almost no internet connection or continue dropping signal.

Tips: If you stay higher than 3rd floor and facing away from their main parking lot, you can see firework.

Date of stay: March 2019
Matt_At_Comfort_Inn, General Manager at Comfort Inn Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Thank you for the review of our property. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your family while visiting the area attractions. We are aware of the WiFi issue and are happy to report that a completely new system is in the process of being installed. Please contact me directly at the property to provide your registered booking information, so that I can look into your experience personally.

Reviewed March 29, 2019

I have always trusted Trip Advisor but you led me wrong on this property. I have stayed in Comfort Inns before and was always satisfied with the facility. This one did not rise up to the reputation of quality or "comfort". I found the condition of the room very run down and dirty. There were stains on the carpet, and the bathroom was old and only cleaned on the surface. The water from the tub came out brown at first!! But the very worst part was the bed. They were very old and worn out and looked like we might roll out in the night. But when I woke up in the morning, my back had completely spasmed and locked so that I could barely walk. I have never had that happen to me in my bed or in any other. The only good thing I can say is that they did refund the rest of our reservation and the desk person was apologetic. If I had looked at the room before registering, I would not have stayed. Trip Advisor, I'm not sure I trust you anymore. Your reviews didn't come close to my experience.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

We apologize for your having an unfortunate, and uniquely poor experience with us. We pride ourselves in our maintenance and cleanliness procedures, and it sounds like that in the case of your suite some of this we failed on. I have taken your comments to our department heads, and are working to ensure the issues you've noted are addressed for future travelers. We are quite diligent with replacing furniture and mattress when they've reached an apparent end of service life. I again apologize that your trip was affected by this uncomfortable mattress. I am happy to hear that our staff acted appropriately and worked to make the situation right for you at check-out. If given the opportunity to change rooms to one with a more supportive mattress, I'm quite sure you would have enjoyed the rest of your stay. We hope that you give us this opportunity in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed March 19, 2019

The hotel is fairly comfortable with large rooms, excellent beds and pillows, clean sheets and blankets, providing a good night of sleep. I and my family stood at the fifth floor, where it was very silent and smooth at night. The wi-fi worked perfectly inside the room. Rooms also have a safe which is very useful to keep money and valuable objects. Breakfast was good, but only for a few days, because the food is exactly the same every day, so it becomes quite repetitive. I missed the bacon which is very popular in the US cuisine. The other problem is when the hotel is crowded of guests. If you do not come early enough, you will have to wait in a long line that extends beyond the mess room and you will be lucky if you can find a place to seat. It's better to know the time of the year you are coming to be prepared for this problem. I checked in on December 5 and spent two weeks. The occupancy rate was pretty good. But the last two days, it was crowded and the breakfast was not a pleasent experience. As for the room cleanliness, they do an average job, nothing outstanding nor bad. They also charge an extra fee called 'resort fee' (some hotels in Orlando do the same), which was $12 per day. The problem is that when you are searching for hotel booking prices in the internet, this rate is omitted, but it does a difference in the end. The hotel facilities are very good in general, there is a large TV room, two PC conected to the internet and printer, coffee and tea available 24h, a huge parking lot, large swimming pool, gym and one of the best advantage is the proximity of Disney parks, which will save you time and gas. There is also a Walmart very nearby as well as gas station, cafeterias and gift shops. Other positive aspect is the friendliness of all the staff, especially those at the front desk and the ladies who serve the breakfast. These ones make everything to please us and are very willing to help, even when the mess room is overcrowded. In general, it is a very good hotel and we had a good stay.

Room tip: Rooms on the higher floors are quieter.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you so much for the nice review our property with the beautiful photo! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would like to ensure you know that we try very hard to be sure that all of our booking partners make the $12.00 "resort fee" apparent and visible, as part of the booking process. We are a busy property during season, and it sounds like you may enjoy the area more when it's a bit quieter. We hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

The reason I gave this hotel five stars is the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the room and the size of the room. The amenities at this hotel are extraordinary. The location to Disney world is very close and they do have a shuttle to and from the different parks. I definitely recommend this hotel. I can’t say enough about the staff here they are one of the most polite hotel staff that I have encountered in my journeys.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you so much for the glowing review of our property. We pride ourselves in our service to our guests. It warms our hearts to hear that we helped make your family's trip to the resort area that much better! We look forward to serving you again in the future when you return to our beautiful city! Thank you again.

Reviewed February 13, 2019

We recently went to Florida and originally stayed here for 3 days/nights. Then due to the weather we had to return to a different room for another 3 days/nights. Both rooms were great. The front desk for SO accomodating to us in our situation. The breakfast, FOR FREE, is great. MANY choices. The pool is heated, along with an outdoor hot tub. The bar opens daily, rain or shine at 3pm-10pm. It was a fantastic stay here.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Matt_At_Comfort_Inn, General Manager at Comfort Inn Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Thank you very much for your great review of our property. We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed our extensive complimentary breakfast offerings, and were able to use our pools in the lovely Florida weather. We hope that you continue to make our hotel your Southern destination when traveling! Thank you again.