All reviews lobster restaurant bunk beds room was clean mickey waffles free breakfast disney world hard boiled eggs yogurt animal kingdom disney trip shuttle service near disney would stay again main gate coffee maker hot tub mini fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed February 4, 2019

i pick this hotel because of the reviews i saw, but if your going for the first time to orlando -dont go to this hotel!- ...

the building is not old, but it doesnt smell good in the lobby, because the restaurant is seafood and all the odors are around.

the front desk *armando* was rude at the first contact we arrived, he was acting like he was upset of everything, also nobody explain us why we have to pay more because we pick a room with 1 bed ( they say wifi,parking,and clean service is free but is not! they make you pay! 25usd)...

the bathroom curtain was broken,they dont have nothing in the floor in front of the toilet (rug) ,so you can fall if you take a shower,also they dont have room service,so if you hungry you have to call outside.

the furniture inside the room was scratch, and the only thing was good was the bed...also around a loot of restaurants outside of the hotel .

i go to this hotel with high expectations but they dont have it!!!! also i called before i go, and tell them was my brday and they dont make you feel special.... soo!!! dont go to this hotel!! they make you pay a looot of stuufff but they say *free* on their webpage!!!!

i will never in my life recommend this hotel!!!! the only girl who looks like work in a hotel is the girl in the gift shop, she was friendly and helpfulll!!!! but i will never go again to a comfort inn and i will not recommend!!!

Room tip: poor service,rude attendant,not free wifi,not free clean,not free parking
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank TRAVELERFOREVER3
Matt_At_Comfort_Inn, General Manager at Comfort Inn Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

I'm very sorry to hear of your dislike of our property, and the employees. We pride ourselves in offering a clean and comfortable room at an excellent value in our resort area. We also take great pride in the friendliness of our staff, and their welcoming of all guests. Unfortunately it sounds like in your case we failed to deliver you some level of expected service, in the few areas which you were most concerned about. Please note that some of what you may have been displeased by are by design brand standards, such as a lack of "rug in front of the toilet". We instead provide crisply folded clean bath mats for your use in this manner. Our property does indeed offer free Wifi, parking, and cleaning services (though a small fee may apply for extra cleaning requests, or exceptionally dirty rooms.). These again are brand standards. If you are eluding to our hotel services fee of 10.57 per night, none of the amenities which you described are a part of this fee. This fee pays specifically for those additional amenities above our brand standards, and services required by our resort area location. This fee includes such things as transportation to and from all major theme park attractions. It is an excellent value when you consider the parking fees for these parks daily. I hope this has addressed some of your concerns, and if you'd like to discuss in further detail please feel free to contact us directly. Thank you.

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

If you go into this hotel will low expectations commensurate with the price per night than you be will be fine. We rated this location so low because we had a less than favorable experience. We checked in at 9:30pm to find all of our beds had crumbs, hair (lots of it) and filth in them. That means someone purposefully did not change the linen between guests. Also, there is no way this hotel was renovated in 2016 as the profile states. If so, they should do a better job vetting contractors. Guessing they went with the lowest bidder.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Waleed W
Reviewed January 14, 2019

Let's start with the structure. The building is old and maintenance is something that absolutely does not exist in this hotel. All is pretty cheap and and bad conserved. I obviously was not expecting a JW Marriot, but was expecting good maintenance, cleaning and decent service. But believe me, I didn't find any of these things in this hotel.
Let's go topic by topic:
- Internet: they do offer free internet (nothing is free in this life, my friends, it's obviously included in the room price). Connection is ok most part of the times, but sometimes, I lost patience and just connected to my 3g. So, if you need very good internet, don't expect or that at all.
- Comfort: The bed is just okay. But the pillows look like couch pillows and not bed pillows. The bkfst is horrible, especially is you have food intolerance. I didn't risk eating anything. We fortunately had enough good food, fruits, etc, and we had amazing bkfst by our own! The shower has no pressure and the shower curtain is disgusting (the window curtain too).
- Cleaning: When we first got into the room, I quickly detected a horrible smell of humid cloth. Do you know those cloths we use to clean the house and we forget to wash them? Do you know how they smell some hours later? That's the smell I found in the first room. However, I was too tired after long road to get there and just decided to stay in the room. When we got back the other day super tired, the smell was horribly worse. I asked for another room and they immediately put us in another room. it was nice. The other room smelled as a disinfectant industry. There was a strong (I mean VERY strong) smell of cheap cleaning products. But believe me, I had no strength to ask for another room and was afraid of getting something worse in a third room. Another thing about cleaning were the tables for bkfst. Never clean enough.
- Maintenance: As I mentioned before, many things very bad conserved: doors needing painting, rusty taps, and the second room had a horrible leakage in the shower. I asked them to fix it while we were out and guess what? The brilliant solution was sending someone very strong close the water tap as much as possible. We obviously had troubles to open it at night and, as you can imagine, we stayed all nights with that leakage. I could list many other things, but it would be a jornal, not a review.
- Finally, the service: Since we moved to another room, they should have given as another paper to sign. And guess how they did it? LOCKING US OUT OF THE ROOM! They didn't call us, they didn't put a message under the door, nothing. They did the easier and rudest thing and just canceled our key and we were not able to get back into the room after bkfst, and already a little late to leave. They were so rude in the front desk! I have been in hotels pretty frequently over the last 4 or 5 years, and never found so bad service, structure, cleaning and maintenance.

The only good thing about this hotel is that it's very well located to give you access to the parks. But you know what? I'd rather drive 30 minutes more every day than staying in such a horrible hotel. I am glad to think that I will never be in this hotel never more in my life!

Room tip: Choose a room in other hotel!
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank manoelamalta
Matt_At_Comfort_Inn, General Manager at Comfort Inn Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2019

Dear William,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online review regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn Maingate.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your perception of quality of service on your recent visit. We are constantly working to improve guests experiences, and have very active maintenance programs in place to get ahead of these issues you've expressed concern with. I have shared your valuable feedback with our maintenance and breakfast departments, to ensure we're meeting the challenges you've laid out in a better manner going forward.

As you may have noticed the vast majority of those who stay with us experience excellent service, a very clean and well maintained room, at a fantastic value in our resort area. We deeply apologize that your experience was an unfortunate anomaly for us, and one which we'll take great measures to prevent.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Kissimmee.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2019

All appeared to be well- hotel was dated but renovated. The beds were comfortable. The rooms were large which was a nice surprise. The one thing that turned me off was the fact that when the bathroom door was shut, there was a bunch of hair on the floor as if it hadn't been swept or cleaned in a week or more. Which then made me question the true cleanliness of the room. I will not be staying there again. The price was also pretty high but it was the weekend before new years so I kind of expected that. I booked it last minute off priceline.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kendra917

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we've passed your comments about the bathroom on to our housekeeping management team. We apologize for that missed opportunity for perfection, and hope that you'll give us the opportunity to deliver that for you next time.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 8, 2018

Well we were pleasently surprised by this affordable hotel,and located just one mile from Walt Disney World. As it is also a disney neighborhood preferred location,the gift shop also had fun themed disney merchandise a lot less money than inside the parks.
We had a suite with 2 double beds and a separate room with bunk beds for the kiddies. There is even a TV in there for the kids as well.(and YES it has disney channel).
The room was clean,with a mini fridge and micro. If there is any thing to say neg,I would say the bathroom is tiny, but certainly not at all an issue for our family of 5. The beds were very comfortable. UNEXPECTED BONUS: while relaxing in our room we heard fireworks. Looked out our big window and could see the disney fireworks from our room.NOTE: If you get a room facing the parking lot u won't see them. The hot tub and pool are clean very nice. Grandkids and Ienjoyed them even during the rain! lol. The breakfast is buffet and has eggs,potatos, sausage the days we were there,plus breads,bagels,toast. Fruit,yogerts,and cereal plus juices,milk,coffee and tea.And the surprise was MINI MICKEY WAFFLES! strawberry and regular...sooo cute and tasty. We go to disney once a month and already have a reservation for next stay coming up soon. I have seen some of the reviews were people complain about things, but there is no way to please everyone....just go and enjoy. Enjoy and safe travels.Thank-You to the management for a wonderful stay and experiance. see you again soon.

Room tip: rooms not facing parking lot allows fireworks view from Disney 9pm
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Monica B

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback online, but just the knowledge that your family enjoyed the time with us is all that we strive for. We are so happy to hear that you had the extra magical experience with the fireworks from the room, and enjoyed the little touches we do to try to bring some of the theme park feel into the property. We are so excited to have you stay with us again soon, and hope that you'll continue to make the Comfort Inn Maingate your home away from home. Thank you for being a part of our family!

Thank you again for sharing your experience!