“Good Stay”

Comfort Inn Maingate
Ranked #27 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Good Stay”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel was nice. Stayed 4 nights and went to Disney during the days. One of the three elevators was out of service but the other two worked fine. Most importantly, the room was clean and looked appealing. They are doing some renovations at this hotel when I stayed there. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed June 23, 2014

From the outside, this place looks great, but the seafood restaurant in the lobby puts that to a stop the minute you walk in. If that doesn't then 2 elevators out of service would, or the spot on the 5th floor where they are repairing the ceiling after water damage will. Oh, and did I mention the mold in my room? This hotel needs some major repair on the inside, and no amount of room spray will make the lobby smell anything other than fishy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Mike C
Laredo
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The is hotel was excellent in regards to the rooms, the breakfast, and the cleaning staff. We were there as part of a large group of students, whom were there to perform at Universal Studios. One of the girls asked the check-in staff (a male) a question which he answered in a courteous manner, but then his comment made him look unprofessional, and rude. He told the girl if we were leaving on Monday and she relied yes, he then made a face and said, "Thank goodness and rolled his eyes. This girl felt so bad after his comments. I understand that the students were loud and excited but that is no way to respond to a guest. Other than this incident everything was great. The manager even let us use the breakfast area for the student's dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank LaredoROSE
Memphis
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Hats off to Karlene Hibbert who is Sales Manager at this property! I had talked to her on the phone numerous time . My family stayed here for our family trip and boy we were not disappointed. Karlene made sure that everything was handled correctly and she took excellent care of me as the coordinator. I have dealt with many sales manager but none of them can hold a candle to her. She was just as pleasant and friendly in person as she was on the phone, the hotel was centrally located for the activities that my family participated in. We had 25 rooms and the only complaint I have is that one of the elevators were not working therefore it took longer to get one. I had a queen room and it had a sofa sleeper in it along we fridge and microwave! Way to go Comfort Inn Maingate and hats off for a job well done by Karlene Hibbert!

1 Thank MemphisLove2travel
Villa Rica, Georgia
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I recently stayed with my husband and 5-year-old daughter for our first trip together to Disney World. We could have not been more pleased with our stay! The staff was extremely nice, knowledgeable, & helpful. Breakfast was very good each morning, and my daughter loved her Mickey waffles! We bought our tickets from the ticket desk conveniently located in the hotel lobby, during which the staff provided us with helpful suggestions about the parks. Each night, we were able to watch the fireworks show at Magic Kingdom from our hotel room window. After being gone all day at one of the parks, a maid had made our daughter's bunk bed and sweetly arranged all of her stuffed animals that she sleeps with on her pillows. As we were checking out, I took my daughter to the gift shop, where she bought a tiny snow globe of Cinderella's castle. After accidentally dropping & breaking it on the way home, she was devastated. My husband called the hotel gift shop to see if we could pay for another + shipping & have them mail it to us. The gift shop staff insisted on sending us another snow globe AT NO CHARGE whatsoever to us! That kind of customer service & hospitality is almost unheard of these days. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again in years to come!

2 Thank Malena R
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Elevators are slow. The rooms aren't the cleanest. I think the carpet is holding a bit of odor. Towels are cheap. After showering towels left lint balls all over my skin. The hotel lost electrical power this morning resulting in no hot water either. I have two more nights to stay here, not sure what to expect. I wouldn't say this is a bad hotel despite my bad incidental experience but all I'm saying is I'm sure there's better ones.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I recently stayed at the comfort inn maingate . Rooms are a nice size bathrooms are very clean and the night auditor a woman with glasses was very help full. Location is great close to all 4 parks and restaurants. Pool is ok Jacuzzi very nice and they have a small pool for little ones had a great stay will recommend to others

• Stayed May 2014