“Nice for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 156 Hotels in Kissimmee
Newmarket, Canada
“Nice for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Can't really complain. Got a fabulous deal and it was SO close to disney you could almost imagine you were on the park. Once we were able to find it.... gps had issues for some reason it was nice. The breakfast was good but they need to perhaps take the seating out of the breakfast nook area because it was so jammed some times that it was frustrating. Make it bigger and easier for people to get around because it is a relatively large hotel.

Staff were friendly and loved the waffles that were made for us so you could have a half or a whole or even a quarter if that is what you wanted.

Not sure if they are renovating but they need to improve entrance to elevators. Had to really push the carts to get the luggage into the elevator because of the slight dip. Hallways weren't great but again - perhaps they are renovating but the room was decent and comfortable.

Would absolutely stay there again if we couldn't stay in the park resorts.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mapgirl76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Holiday, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the second visit my family and I have taken at the Comfort Inn Maingate and honestly still can't find a single thing wrong with this location. Staff is always friendly and courteous, breakfast is hot and delicious, and rooms are always so comfy cozy. As a parent I am extremely picky about where my family and I stay when visiting Disney and for me this place is awesome. Rooms need very limited work done like painting here and there but other then that I have no complaints. Great place.

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Emily C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed just one night. The front desk agents that checked me in were nice and friendlyThe room was well appointed and had plenty of space. I did notice that a couple if the vanity light covers were broken and just a few very minor cleanliness issues. The shower drained really slow, which I informed the front desk at checkout.

Breakfast was okay but wasn't all that spectacular, whuch is typically the case with most hotels. Then again, it was complimentary so the orice was right. I was not too overly impressed with the orange juice. It seemed very artificial for being a Choice hotel and most places cary 100% orange juice, which should be a standard in all hotels. The eggs were less than to be desired. You could definitely taste the butter in them. I know most places have gone to the liquid egg, but youbwould think if the quality isn't all that great that maybe you could switch it up. As other reviewers have said, it is quite busy. They did have seating opened up in the restaurant area but still had one whole section that I think they could have opened up since there were still people trying to find a place to sit. The waffle was delicious. The one thing that horrified me was another guest that dropped a bunch of the syrup.cups in the floor. He picked them up and out them back in with the clean cups! Disgusting! I was surprised that the guy making the waffles did not notice this and offer to dispose of them. Then again, the guest should have had more common sense.

The most ANNOYING thing was the Wifi. I had great signal but there just seemed to be a disconnect somewhere as I constantly had to tur my wifi off and on to get it to work. Not sure if it has to do with the user agreement page that you have to accept, but it is something that the hotel needs to look into.

Overall, I was satisfied with my stay. I didn't really get that "wow" factor and wasn't overly impressed. I would, however, stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joshua R
Uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Friendly reception staff and comfortable good size room, which was well appointed if a little tired. The bed was very comfortable which led to a good nights sleep. The breakfast was quite basic but what there was was nice. Overall good value for money and would definitely stay again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank HedgeUk
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We got placed here after a timeshare meeting. The outside of the resort is well kept. When we arrived the front desk was quick to help us. The rooms were set up pretty cool for families. The kids got there own little area with bunk beds and the adults had a normal area for a hotel room. We were told breakfast was served until 10am. The first night when it was time for bed and you shut the lights off there is a huge gap in the door frame so light comes in on the kids room. The other issue is the sound in this hotel. It travels and at night you can hear everything. People can not sleep. When we got up in the morning the plug in for the phone charger was not even on the wall making it a fire hazards and if you had young kids it could be worse. I did tell the front desk and she was on the problem right away. Breakfast however does not end at ten it ends at 9 and they don't wait at nine they are cleaning up and throwing you out. The shuttle to the parks is barely there. We did not like the three times they had so we drove ourselves to the parks. More money but worth it when you want to leave. The hotel was clean I give it that. This is your average hotel.

Room Tip: No tip for this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rob C
Mastic, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were in Florida on business and stayed from Sept. 16th, 2013 to Sept. 21st. We found our room to be extremely clean. The mattresses were comfortable, but the pillows were small and you needed more than two to be comfortable. The room had a fridge and coffee maker, which was convenient. We would have liked to have a small couch to relax on, but there was only a single chair and a desk with a chair. We went to the free continental breakfast, which was pretty
good. It was what we expected from a free continental breakfast. There were scrambled eggs, freshly made waffles, oatmeal, cereal, sausages, bacon, yogurt, fruit, and pastries. There were many restaurants in the area for all other meals. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will be staying again when we come through town . We would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Maingate for two weeks. Having read some of the previous reviews we were a little worried, however, overall we were satisfied.

We weren't aware of any fishy smells as warned by other guests, which was a relief but customers should be aware that there is an additional charge of $3.96 per day for the cost of the safe, something we weren't aware of before booking. However, compared to other resorts this wasn't bad.

The rooms were spacious and clean, there was plenty of storage space and the bed was comfy. However, the shower took quite a long time to get warm and we noticed mould in the fridge and on the wallpaper in the bathroom. There was also damp on one of the walls in the bedroom.

On the whole the staff were friendly, Rita was very welcoming when she checked us in and made sure she spoke to us whenever she saw us in the lobby.

Breakfast is ok but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it was deluxe as advertised by the hotel. There's a choice of three different cereals, bread and muffins which you can toast but the toaster takes quite a long time, mini doughnuts, scrambled eggs, mini sausages, yoghurt and waffles. There are also apples and oranges, which are handy for taking as a snack to the parks. As other reviewers have already mentioned, it does get busy in the morning and the breakfast area is quite small so it is best to go down for breakfast before 8am if possible.

One of the reasons for choosing this hotel was the gym facility. However, I only used this once as my first visit resulted in equipment breaking and almost injuring myself and another guest. On inspection of the equipment it was clear to me that it had not been maintained, probably never serviced since the 70's when it must have been made. When I reported this to the member of staff at the front desk, he didn't seem particularly bothered. The pool is fine and the area surrounding it is clean. The hot tub is very hot but not necessarily unpleasant and there are towels available poolside for you to use.

One of my major complaints about this hotel is the constant hassle we got from the people at the information desk. I understand that they work on commission but every time we walked through the lobby or stopped to pick up an attraction leaflet we were bothered. Sometimes they wouldn't take no for an answer despite our explanation that we had already purchased our tickets and it reached the point where we were dreading walking into the hotel.

The hotel is close to the Disney parks and there are lots of restaurants nearby - we particularly enjoyed the 'Olive Garden' and 'Bahama Breeze'. There is also a 'Publix' supermarket and a Walgreens' just down the road. We only used the free shuttle once (this was to Animal Kingdom). It got us there fairly quickly and collected us promptly, however, we chose to drive the remainder of the time so that we had the flexibility to arrive and leave when we wanted to.

Overall this hotel was pleasant just a few things to take into consideration before booking. I hope my review has been helpful to you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family