“"Great value for money hotel"”

Comfort Inn Maingate
Ranked #26 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Windsor, United Kingdom
“"Great value for money hotel"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is the third time as a family that we have stayed in the Kissimee area.
We have always experienced good value for money accommodation however the Comfort Inn Maingate has proved to be the best yet.
Perfect location for Disney and other Orlando Theme Park attractions with many restaurants close by to suit all tastes too.
Our room was larger than expected with bunk beds available alongside two queen sized beds.
Fridge, Microwave, Flatscreen tv and large wardrobe with safe were welcome additions that added to the sense of value.
The beds were extremely comfy and 14 undisturbed nights sleep with no noise heard from other guests of the hotel.
Breakfast could be busy, but this tended to be towards the end of service. The food was cheap and cheerful and the same each morning, but more than adequate to get you started for the day.
One morning we had a similar breakfast in a Restaurant nearby which cost $30, this made subsequent breakfasts at the Hotel even better as we were staying for 14 nights and therefore the savings huge.
The pool area was clean, water warm and never very busy.
Gift shop on site was useful as were the laundry facilities.
We have now booked for our 2014 holiday to Orlando and without hesitation re-booked this Hotel for our stay.
Would recommend the Comfort Inn Maingate for those looking for a value for money Hotel, especially those guests who may be staying for an extended period.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Located just 2km away from the Walt Disney Resort, the Comfort Inn Maingate is an ideal property keeping in mind comfort and convenience. The hotel has a free sumptuous breakfast on offer daily, and free daily shuttle transportation to the Disney Theme parks, Universal Studios, Sea World and Lake Buena Vista Outlet Mall.

All the rooms are totally non smoking, have free wireless internet access, in room refrigerator, a microwave and a tea/coffee maker. Children will enjoy splashing around in the swimming pool or relaxing in the hot tub.

The guest service desk is more than happy to help you out with the attractions you wish to visit. The fun doesn’t stop there…experience a world of shopping and dining options which are as exciting as the theme parks. Visit the Premium Designer Outlet Orlando for it’s 40 designer stores at bargain prices, experience the famous Festival Bay Mall for it’s sports shops, dining and a movie theatre. Less than half a kilometer away, you can spoil yourself with the various choices in cuisines…whether it is the Red Lobster for it’s seafood, Cici’s Pizza for it’s fresh pizzas or pasta or the steaks and tropical drinks at Bahama Breeze, you will never go hungry here! You can even stop by for an Indian meal at the Passage to India or the Clay Oven Indian Cuisine restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank thegothicgoat
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel itself was very nice. The woman at the front desk when we arrived treated us like royalty and even gave us a present to help celebrate our honeymoon. She upgraded our room to the biggest in the hotel for no charge. Kissimmee was too touristy for our tastes. Everything was Disney this, Disney that, which can be expected given its close proximity to Disney. But, it got old. Thankfully St. Petersburg was only an hour or so away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family & I are visiting this hotel still as we speak and I feel compelled to write this review. Prior to arriving I found a steal on this property online for only $50 a night so I was fairly certain it was going to be horrible since every hotel me & my family have traveled to under the price of $80 have been nightmares but I was so wrong.This hotel is great. Arrived on 8/30/13 and stayed for 3 nights. During check-in we met Kevin one of the front desk clerks he was incredibly friendly and helpful so from the very beginning we felt that this might not be as bad as I was thinking. When we arrived in our room which was #424 there were a set of bunk beds in it's own area with it's own television in it needless to say my 5 year old was the happiest kid alive at that moment. Next we walked passed the bathroom into another side with 2 queen beds,a flat screen tv, a microwave, & a mini fridge. This hotel was starting to sell me but I was still doubtful. Next morning breakfast was amazing they had waffles (which are prepared by a staff member right in front of you), English muffins, scrambled eggs, cereal, oranges, apples, sausage, toast, pecan rolls, hard boiled eggs, assorted donuts, yogurt, apple juice, orange juice, and milk. Left for the park completely stuffed and beyond satisfied and with Magic Kingdom only minutes away I was now totally sold on this place . So why did I give it a 4 out a 5 rating. The only and I do mean ABSOLUTELY ONLY THING that I had to address was the wear and tear. Since the hotel is fairly old and inexpensive you could expect that previous people visiting do not have enough sense to not destroy the place so there were some areas in the walls and ceiling where they had patched up from people putting holes in them. Also the beds were a bit too firm for my liking but everyone is different and my husband loved the bed so more then likely it was just me lol. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget or anyone at all for that fact and can guarantee without question we will be coming back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Emily C
chessington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have just arrived home and wanted to review comfort inn before jet lag overcomes me!! Hardy paid anything to stay here for two weeks but chose because we never drive in orlando and this hotel had shuttles to everywhere.first the staff were really lovely,friendly and helpful and this was everyone we dealt with in the hotel from reception to the lovely man who made me waffles every morning.the shuttles were mostly on time and we never had a worry of not getting a seat as they were a good size.a good tip is if you dont want to come back at the shuttle time from a disney park or downtown disney just get a disney bus back to animal kingdom lodge and a cab from there is about $8.the room was a good size and very clean,it had an iron and board,hairdryer and fridge so it had everything we needed.Breakfast was another bonus as it was free,can get a little busy but the waffles are great and its just a little something to send you off to the parks happy.we used the long day at universal to visit the malls from universal the florida mall is a $20 cab fare away then we went back to the park for a 7.45 pick up.only slight downside was the fishy smell in the lobby due to the lobster restaurant thats there but it wasnt that bad and i was aware before i booked from reading reviews on here.you can manage very well without a car as plenty of good restaurants within walking distance and do make sure if you need a cab you book a mears cab as they are the cheapest ,look for the bright yellow cabs the numbers on the side.when we return we will stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank floridamad
Caribbean
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at Comfort Inn for 8 nights and it was really an enjoyable experience. We booked it because of the customer ratings, proximity to Disney and was part of the American Airlines Aadvantage program. Let me get the only negative out of the way - the wi-fi internet service was unreliable. We stayed on the 4th floor (out of 5 floors) and around the 4th day or I could only pick up an internet signal on the ground floor. I know they were working on the problem but as I needed to log in to my business email nightly, it was a bit inconvenient to go downstairs. But this was by no means a biggie :) After all I was supposed to be on vacation anyway. So I'll move onto the positive highlights!

The room was quite spacious, comfortable and clean. We had 2 queen sized beds for my family of 4 and we were comfortable. We had a view of the highway, the hotel pond and everything nearby. The microwave and mini-fridge worked great for us, especially on those nights we wanted to eat in. The rooms are accessed via spacious, well lit, clean inner corridors. The elevators were also well lit and clean. I keep stressing "clean" because we stayed at another hotel for 3 nights afterwards and it was absolutely poor. There's a guest laundry room where you can wash and/or dry stuff yourself.

The hotel has its's own restaurant and serves complimentary breakfast. The staff were all quite pleasant. The pool isn't spectacular but it works and there's also a smaller 1 foot deep pool for the little ones plus a 3 foot deep jacuzzi.

The location is great. On West Irlo there were numerous restaurants, gift shops and even a Walgreens all within walking distance. The Lynx stop is also practically in front so if you can easily take the bus to the not to far away Walmart in Clermont, or the Target Superstore or other malls nearby. The hotel also provides a free shuttle to Disney, Universal and Sea World.

My family and I really enjoyed ourselves and would most definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Our room faced the front/highway side which was great in terms of the view. But on the day we arrive...