“Comfort Inn Maingate Florida”

Comfort Inn Maingate
Ranked #32 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Everything was very neat, clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. My only complaint was the breakfast. It was by far the worst breakfast I have ever had at any hotel
I would consider staying again but go out for breakfast. They really need to improve this feature.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Charleen J

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We really like this hotel b/c it is very close to Disney property with the craziness and cost of being on Disney property. Head to the Animal Kingdom. Exit for the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Turn left at the light before the Lodge (Sherberth rd). Follow it about 2 miles and you will come up behind the hotel. Turn RIGHT out of the hotel and you will find some brand name restaurants: Red Lobster, Outback, Cracker Barrel, etc.

Parking in front, back, and side. Large outdoor pool area with bar, hot tub, large pool, and small kiddie pool. Towels, tables, and chairs available. Large lobby area although the music system was playing horrible 70s music. There is free breakfast but we didn't eat there (not get up on time). Small gift shop with limited hours in the lobby. Transportation on schedule to theme parks. We have always found the front desk personnel to be nice and helpful.

Rooms are large and clean. They smell nice and look clean. Plenty of towels in the bathroom. One tv. Typical bathroom. Rooms have different set ups.....some have a sofa in a separated front room area, some have bunk beds there, etc.

Ask for an even numbered room on a higher floor. You can see buildings from each Disney theme park and also the fireworks!!

Room Tip: Even number rooms have view of theme parks and fireworks
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank spockmycat
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I just returned from a 20 day stay at the Maingate Comfort Inn. It is near everygthing Disney. There are at least ten major chain restaurants within walking distance and their free breakfast facility is the largest and best run "free breakfast" operations I have ever visited.
The motel is crowded. But that is part of its charm. Every morning you can meet new guests at breakfast and since they all are bound for Disney their spirits are high and the smiles are broad.
The staff is efficient and friendly and despite the high turnover rate everything runs smoothly during check in and check out. There is a heated pool and a sun deck. It is not a country club, but given its convenient location I highly recommend it for all who's purpose is to explore Disney. Rooms are clean and maids staff very efficient.

Room Tip: Pool side view beats heavily traveled Kissimmee Main Street.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Budtheauthor
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was a last minute holiday for myself and daughter I was a little worried as I got the holiday at a bargain price and wondered what the hotel would be like, but there was nothing to worry about.

This is a great hotel, very clean and attention to detail was noticeable. In your standard room you have 2 double beds which are very comfortable and lots of pillows which do not flop under your head so a good sleep is easy to get. also the rooms walls are thick you cannot hear the people in the next room.

There is a fridge and microwave in your room which is good as you can store juice and snacks for when you get back from long days at the parks. You can make supper for your children or yourself. My only let down was no kettle just a coffee making machine I think you can just put water through it but it tastes of coffee and has little granuals at the bottom of the glass decanter.

The swimming pool is small and it would not accommodate the amount of people that can use the pool within the hotel if they all choose to use it at once, but the only time I used it there was another couple in it so very relaxing as is the hot tub with bubbles if you like.

The breakfast is good a choice of fresh waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, muffins, cereal, fresh fruit and coffee and tea.( it can get busy so getting there early is best)

I am very satisfied with this hotel and I will be back in October to stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Marie C
Reviewed February 12, 2013

After a long drive and worried about location to disney this hotel was great. The desk clerk could not be more helpful with information and accomindations. I was even surprised with their breakfast plentyful.Clean rooms etc.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I normally try and avoid hotels on Highway 192 when I am in the Orlando area. However, due to a last minute meeting my wife found out she needed to attend we needed something fast and reasonably priced. We chose this hotel because it is 100% non-smoking and for both its proximity to her meeting and for the proximity to Disney’s Animal Kingdom where I would be spending the day with my son. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The front desk staff welcomed us with smiles and they were very pleasant. We were able to quickly check in and get right to our room. The room was very nice and clean. We had two queen beds plus bunk beds which my son loved. I was concerned that it might be a loud night as the ladies at the front desk had told us the hotel was booked for the night, but my concerns were all for naught. The room was very quiet. I could not even hear the traffic. Another plus is that there are several restaurants within walking distance so there was no need to get back in the car and fight traffic when it was time for dinner. The pool was heated and was also very well maintained and was quite relaxing as well. Check out the next morning was a breeze. The only thing I did not like at the hotel was the complimentary hot breakfast. I tried the eggs and sausage, but could barely eat what I had taken. The eggs tasted powdered and all the salt & pepper in the world could not help them. The sausage links were dried out. The pastries and bagels were fine, but I generally want something more substantial. We ended up going out for breakfast. I would certainly stay here again if the situation arose, but I would skip the breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank SirGriffinStromboli
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great value for very reasonable price. Super location for visiting the Disney parks, and close to a wide variety of restaurants (Sweet Tomatoes not far away), Super Target, gift shops. Rooms were very clean. With three kids, it was nice to have the bunk beds and a small TV in separate area, and two very comfortable queen beds. The mini fridge/freezer was convenient for holding snacks and keeping drinks cool to take to parks. Also had a microwave and free wi-fi. The kids enjoyed the pool -- water was very warm. Breakfast buffet was okay - we liked the fresh waffles, sausages, and fresh oranges. Some miscommunication with staff when family tried to call and were told that we had not checked in although we had. Hot tub was not working first night. We were glad to have rented a car to provide travel flexibility rather than relying on limited hotel shuttle to parks.

Room Tip: We liked the room with bunk beds for the kids.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family