$200
$159
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$88
$81
ComfortSuites
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$77
$125
$109
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

$61
$279
$191
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $229/night.

Celebration Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Pool
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$67
QualityInn
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Restaurant
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$131
$126
galahotels.com
2,718 results
All reviewspizza hutdisney parksred lobstermini golfkids eat freegolden corralbusch gardenscoffee machineanimal kingdomtwo double bedsfresh towelsfree shuttlewalgreenspoolsorlandothemehurricane
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I am happy to offer praise and give my business to companies that make an effort to provide customers with a positive experience. I would, however, like to share my disappointment in the Best Western Lakeside in Kissimmee, FL. I never write reviews, but I believe that the filthiness and unsuitableness of this facility implores me to take the time to provide more feedback.

Upon arrival to the hotel, we first noticed the poorly lit (essentially unlit) parking lot and the ill-kept condition of the property. However, having already paid for the hotel and with it having a 3-star rating on a discount travel site, I felt certain that the room itself would be suitable. When checking in, I was told that no king rooms were available. After explaining multiple times that I had booked this facility solely due to its offering a choice of bed on the website, the manager of the property was called to the desk, where she proceeded to somehow "find" an available king room. When we finally entered the room, we were put off by the overall dankness of the place, but hoped that a bit of time with the a/c on would help. It did not. The staleness and dankness never dissipated.

Despite these warning signs, we were excited to get dressed and go out to ring in the New Year, so we attempted to shower. After turning on the shower and waiting for several minutes, we determined that we had no hot water. After a call to the front desk, someone from maintenance was sent to the room. After he examined the bathroom and sink, and ran the water himself for awhile, he concluded that the water was as warm as it would get. This seemed to satisfy the hotel, but it was not acceptable to us, nor would it have been acceptable in any hotel in which I have ever stayed.

In the meantime, while waiting for the repairs we expected, we began to attempt to make ourselves comfortable on the bed and loveseat provided. After pulling off the very old, worn bedspread, we encountered threadbare sheets that, despite not being the appropriate size for the bed, had been simply draped atop a dilapidated mattress that had no pad or cover. This situation is untenable in a place where a mattress serves a multitude of people, and the state of the mattress was certainly not fresh or clean. Also, the three pillows provided were cased in unmatched linens, leading us to wonder if one or more of them had simply been left by another guest. I believe it is very reasonable to expect that a hotel provide its guests with a minimum level of confidence that they are not risking their health by staying at the property.

Determining that the bed was unacceptable, we moved to the loveseat provided. As I turned on the lamp in the corner nearest the loveseat, I noticed the shade was severely stained. The stains appeared to be water stains, and given the mugginess of the room, and my experience in professional real estate investing and development, I began to suspect that the room had recently suffered a flooding of some sort. After turning on the lamp, I went to the loveseat. There is no way to describe my reaction, other than I was aghast at the condition and filthiness of it. The loveseat itself was threadbare to the point of seeing the cushioning at places, and in other places had stains that, while they may not have actually been, looked close enough to bodily secretions that we were extremely disconcerted.

At this point, despite the front desk having told us quite some time ago that we would receive new bedding that never arrived, we determined that the property was untenable. Being that even the internet connection was not working, we were forced to set out on a last minute hotel search. The result of these circumstances caused us a large amount of stress, as we were unfamiliar with the area, and New Year's Eve is a particularly busy time for hotels.

In the past year, I have spent upwards of 40 nights in various hotels and hundreds of nights over the course of my life, with these hotels ranging from Super 8 to Ritz-Carlton properties, with several Best Western facilities mixed in. I can say with confidence that this hotel was easily the worst property I have ever checked into. It is not only unworthy of three stars on any website, but it is not worthy of a Best Western flag. Perhaps it was simply the room we were given (since the manager had to "find" it, maybe it wasn't intended to be booked), but I can only base my comments on my experience.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dorejam24
BWMaingate, Director of Sales at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2011

It is never easy to see that we have not exceeded one of our guests expectations. Our hotel mission is too be the best moderate/budget hotel in this area. We were dissappointed to see that we did not live up to your expectations. I have sent a copy of your review to all managers for their review and follow-up and will make sure that it is the topic of our next Managers Meeting with the General Manager. We would for you to give us another opportunity to show you what our hotel is really all about.

Reviewed January 1, 2011

I was worried about staying in this hotel because of some of the negative reviews people were giving but having stayed there I couldn't honestly believe they were talking about the same hotel.

Excellent location, any nearer the Disney parks and you would actually be in them. Buses to the parks from the hotel were really great. Drivers really friendly and run exactly on time, was a bit worried by not having a car and previous guests comments about not running to schedule. Nothing to be worried about at all.

Staff were really great. Friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble. From front desk staff to restaurant staff and cleaning staff, all are a credit to you.

Only thing I could maybe say was the bus to Universal/Seaworld left really early in the morning and left really early evening, meaning you miss out on late night attractions as it's quite far to get a taxi.

But apart from that all was excellent. Wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else, cheaper or not, and that's why we can't wait to come back in August 11.

• Stayed: August 2010
BWMaingate, Director of Sales at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2011

Hi Robyn,
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We were very happy that stuck with your original decision to stay with us and knew that you wouldn't be disappointed. We pride ourselves on being the best moderately priced hotel in the area and we think we do a pretty good job of it! Unfortunately, we can't be all things to all people and sometimes we can't make everyone happy, all though we give it our best try every day!
When you come back in August, please make sure you stop and say hello to us.

Reviewed December 30, 2010

Hotel is average. Very Poor Service. No refill for Soaps or Shampoos provided. You may have to remind them twice and may get it after 1 hr. The bed is not comfortable. It scracthes you. Noticed that Mattress cover is of harsh material which scratches your skin.
Better to remove it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
BWMaingate, Director of Sales at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2011

Hello Sid,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our hotel. It is never easy to find out that we did not exceed our guests expectations. Poor Service is definately not what we are all about. I have copied your review for our General Manager as our Executive Housekeeper for their review. Would love to know what room you were in so that I can forward this information on. These are all training issues that need to be brought to the forfront for our Housekeeping Manager. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our Great customer service again when you are in the area.

Reviewed December 25, 2010

Small room, bathroom has no fan, I expected to be better than motel. If feels like staying at motel. If you can spend just a little more, find somewhere else. And one more thing, they don't restock the towels and cups.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
BWMaingate, Director of Sales at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2010

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We value all of our guests comments and will make sure yours are forwarded to our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer. We do have exhaust fans in all of our bathrooms so I have to assume that your was not working properly. We also do replensish towels and cups daily with our maid service.
I hope that you and the family enjoyed your other facilities during your visit with us.
Happiet of Holidays for the new year.

Reviewed December 21, 2010

We had a terrible experience at this hotel posing as a "resort". I don't know what was worse, the old rooms or the customer service by the staff. Oh, wait, the customer service was definitely worse. But being able to open my room door without having to kick the door in would have been nice, same with a comfortable bed and some shower gel along with the soap.
They only have one person manning the front desk at a time, the other employee is either on lunch or break and they aren't clear how many lunches/breaks they have. Make sure to check out extra early because of this lack of staff.
When you ask to speak to a manager the manager is always in a meeting. When the manager calls your room to leave you a message there is no message in the voicemail inbox, it is blank so you don't know who left you the message (except in our case, we were expecting a call from the manager and no one else had our room number).
They refuse to give you a direct number to call the manager at - what is with the gate-keeping?
When you finally get to speak to the manager about the poor customer service he just defends the employee rather than listening to you and trying to resolve the problem.
They charge you with hidden fees (aka "resort fees") when you are checking in after you have already booked/paid.
They promise you one thing and then change their minds.
What happened to the "customer is always right?"
I will never go back to this hotel or recommend it. It has stained my memories of our orlando vacation.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
BWMaingate, Director of Sales at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2010

Skad00sh,
We are extremely discouraged to have received your review of our hotel. This is no way represents how we want our hotel to be perceived or how are General Manager operates the hotel. We pride ourselves in being the best moderately hotel/resort in the area due mostly because of our customer service. We are 24 acres with multiple pool areas, restaurants and recreational facilities, thus are classified as a "Resort".
We also do not have any "hidden" costs also known as resort service fees. These fees are clearly mentioned on all website and with all of our wholesale accounts. If you have paid for your room through a third party I would suggest you speak with them. We make sure all fees are disclosed up front.
We all do have direct phone number and we are not sure why you were unable to reach the correct manager.
Please accept our apologies that we did not exceed your expectations.
We hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday.