$194
$179
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$90
ComfortSuites
$190
$179
HolidayInn.com
$77
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$87
$189
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $242/night.

Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$110
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$149
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Celebration Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$65
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
2,718 results
All reviewspizza hutdisney parksred lobstermini golfkids eat freegolden corralbusch gardenscoffee machineanimal kingdomtwo double bedsfresh towelsfree shuttlewalgreenspoolsorlandothemehurricane
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We just came back from staying here while on our Disney vacation. I had read reviews prior and decided to give it a go...I wish I had listened to the reviews. First of all...you get what you pay for. Check-in was a breeze, but when we got to the room, the carpets we stained everywhere...seeing as we had our 2 yr old with us and I didn't want her crawling all over it, I called front desk and asked to be relocated. They did no problem and upgraded us to a poolside room for free (normally 10 dollars a night). The new room was better but still had a couple stains on the carpet. The room was fine...your basic hotel room. Not very modern, looks old and tired but does the trick. The hotel grounds were poorly maintained. The air conditioners from the room leaked all over our carpet. On 3 different occasions, we were locked out of our room because the swipe card wouldn't work...not so fun after a long day at the parks. The pools were nice, but when I went to buy a drink for my wife and I, the bartender would not accept out-of-country ID unless it was a passport. I didn't like that seeing as I don't carry around my passport to purchase alcohol. Speaking of which, there is a safe in the room to keep valuables. Our wasn't working at first so I called the desk and they set a security officer over to fix it, the next day it was broken again so we never got to use it. The maid would clean the room daily, but never vacummed. The TV in the room is old but seemed to have enough channels, however, we never watched it. The tub would not drain properly. After I bathed my daughter, it would take about 1 hr to drain. All in all, this hotel sucks...but it's a good price to pay if you want convenience (close to everything including the parks). Also, it appeared to be the best looking hotel on the strip. If I do it again, I will pay a bit more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Just returned from a week long stay at the Best Western Lakeside - I'll be as unbiased in my review as possible:

Pros:
-Fairly good location - easy access to Disney and Universal, free shuttle provided by the hotel (but only once a day for Universal); Excellent AC, which is great considering the heat; Somewhat clean (and large) pool

Cons:
-Overall (particularly the rooms) the hotel is a 2-star property, definitely not even close to a 3-star! Rooms look very tired and "motel-ish". If you ever traveled on an interstate highway (such as I-95), and stopped at a random motel for a night, you'd understand my "motel-ish" analogy. Everything looks as if the motel is 20+ years old; Staff is not very friendly, request a $10 surcharge for a king room or a room facing the pool (aside from the $3.50/day "resort fee").

Overall:
If you are looking for an absolutely BASIC 2 star motel to sleep in-between parks, it may be a good value property for you. However, you will not feel comfortable at the hotel, as you would in practically any 3-star property. I would not recommend this property, and would suggest you book any other 3-star property, probably paying the same as you would for this motel. Hope this is helpful.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alco3
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I always try to be positive and write fair reviews, can't stand people moaning for moaning sake, so forgive me if I come across a little negative. Before I start I must say that this hotel offers value for money and is a good base for exploring Disney and Universal. If all you want is basic accomodation then this property is great, as you'll probably be out all day any way and spend minimum time at the hotel.

The rooms are adequate, clean but rather small and dark. They have two small double beds, a large safe,, fridge, hair dryer, iron, coffee maker, free wifi and air con. The bathroom is rather small and basic but is sufficent. The maids do come every day, not sure how often the change the beds but they were always made when we came home from the parks. My major concern with the rooms were that they often over look a parking lot and this didnt make me feel very secure. There is no balcony just a window (which we always had the curtains closed for privacy as it overlooked the parking lot) hence why the room always felt dark.

The hotel has three pools, which are ok, some days are quiet whilst others are noisey (depending on how many other people choose to have a relaxing pool day the same day as you). As a couple we found the pool areas a little too noisey but would be great for families and children. But we cant grumble as Florida is a family destination so we accept that. The pool areas seem tidy and clean but with little shaded areas, more parasols would have made a big difference.

The pizza hut express on site is good and you can get pizza delivered to your room, eat in the restuarant or around the pool. The buffet breakfast is rubbish, there is a better and cheaper buffet breakfast across the main road on the right called the Golden Corral, has far more choice, fresher and cheaper.

The location of the hotel is good; on site is a Wall Greens, you can buy anything you could possibly need from here. Also along the main road to the left is a Wendy, Mcdonalds, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and numerous other restuarants such as chinese and Indians as well as Steak houses and seafood buffets. An absolutely gorgeous steak house is called Key W Kools which is left on the main road.

Right next door to the hotel is a great mini golf place, definately worth a go. There is also a pizza buffet called Ci Ci's next to the golf, which we never visited but wished we had as it looked lovely.

The transport from the hotel to the theme parks was good but I would reccommend getting a car, we didnt but wished we had. The hotel puts on a shuttle to the following theme parks;
Universal and Seaworld 7;45 return 6.00
Animal Kingdom 9;20 return 5;15
Magic Kingdom 9.50 and 5.15 return 520 0r 10;45
Hollywood studios (MGM) 11.30 return 8.30
Epcot- not sure what times as we didnt go

Busch Gardens also departs daily at 940 returning around 9pm but needs to be booked through Mears travel.

With regards to any of the disney parks, if you wanted to go to Hollywood studios a little earlier for example, you could get the 9.50 bus to Magic kingdom and then use the Disney free transport over to Hollywood studios, same with any of the others.

Parking at the parks is $12, however taxis are expensive and if you want to return home from the parks earlier than the scheduled transport it would cost you;
Magic kingdom- $30
Animal kingdom -$15
Seaworld- $35
Universal- $55

A car would you give you flexibility to come and go as you please and allow you to make most of the shopping malls. Also Universal City Walk and Down Town Disney are worth a avisit in the evening but this is difficult and expensive without a car. For Down Town Disney we cheated by getting the 5.15 shuttle to Magic Kingdom and then used the free disney transport to Down Town Disney. Again you can do the ame for your return journey and get the 10.45 shuttle back to the hotel from Magic Kingdom.

Just a word of warning guest services at the hotel will offer you cheap Disney tickets if you attend a time share presentation for 2 hours. The money you would save is a matter of $70 which when you covert this to English money is hardly worth it. I recommend you buy your tickets before you come. Not sure how authentic the other outlets are that claim to sell cheap tickets as when you buy them from Disney you have to give a finger print scan when you enter the park, saw a few people get turned away looking rather angry and upset.

Overall the hotel is a good location, good free transport but a little run down and shabby looking. I normally add photos but they are just the same as whats already on here so haven't bothered this time

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarah5320
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Just came back from a week at the Best Western Lakeside and it was just right.
My son and I enjoyed the all the hotel had to offer. The room was clean, air conditioner worked well, The hotel offered a great breakfast buffet (free for the little guy). We appreciated the free shuttles to Disney, Universal Studios etc. We especially enjoyed cooling off in the pool every single day. The hotel is located to numerous restaurants and has a pretty good menu if you want to stay in. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2009

A very well planned out hotel, our room was relaxing and offered everything you need, a good safe and fridge and tv. Information in room for parks and coupons for restaurants and places of interest. Only got home yesterday and what was so nice. that after a busy day at the parks you could come back to hotel room and relax in the swimming pool. It was our first time in america and we could not have picked a better hotel. The free shuttle bus made the trips to the parks easy. There are plenty of restaurants outside the hotel to choose from if you do not want to eat in the hotel..We loved ihop and dennys and wendys. You are spoilt for choice..plus we ate at the buffet restaurants at shoneys and the golden coral which offered amazing choice of food and value. There are plenty of gift shops outside the hotel to. We found it a great location to get to all the parks. We noticed how un packed the pool was which made our stay feel so relaxed, a truely different experience to other holidays we have had like spain. After a busy park it was like getting away from it all swimming in the hotel pool and walking around the local gift shops before another busy day. The hotel room was clean and accomodating, fresh towels available by the pool all the time and clean towels every day. I cant fault this hotel and would deffinately stay here again if i go to orlando again. We all loved it and loved how relaxing and easy going it is after a busy day. So if anyone wonders whether to stay here we would say a big yes, it offers value for money and everything you need at the hotel and outside the hotel. Everyone was friendly and very helpful. We had an amazing time and the 2 weeks went so quick. Plus you can use the room phone free for local calls which came in handy when we had to book our cab to leave. So enjoy this hotel you will not be dissappointed.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family