“Excellent”

Maingate Lakeside Resort
Ranked #97 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

After a horrible experience with the claremont down the road, we quickly packed back up and came here. Comfy beds, clean room and bathroom.

No its not a flatscreen, but lets face facts. Your staying here for the area (disney, universal etc) not to watch tv.

Nice pool, and although its a small, barely maintained course, who hates free mini golf??

The manager at the front desk was amazingly helpful, and made us feel welcome and wanted us back in the future.

This is our second time staying here, and unless disney resorts drop in price drastically, this is our go to hotel when were visiting disney

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear George U: Thank you for being our guest; it was our pleasure! We are glad you had a great time with us and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Maingate Lakeside Resort

Reviewed August 16, 2014

I write this from my room. First and foremost I have to say that while this hotel is not the Hilton or the Ritz, it does not cost Hilton or Ritz prices, nor does it pretend to be anything other than what it is, which is a well located, clean, affordable and friendly hotel. It has many restaurants nearby within walking distance, and a 24hr Walgreen's directly next door. I am situated at the east side of the complex and I do not find it noisy or dirty as stated in other reviews. The safe doesn't seem to work properly but this may be because I am not technically minded! The maid service is friendly and daily. The TV is indeed a CRT television but Florida is the entertainment capital of the world! Why would you want to watch HD television? The door locks are very secure and the place feels safe generally. Obviously caution must be exercised but this is sensible advice for any holiday. There is ample parking and the front desk people I have dealt with have all been helpful in phoning taxis arranging tickets and excursions etc. You are given a timeshare sales leaflet when you arrive but are not pressured, they also inform you that you can purchase theme park tickets, again no pressure is exercised.

If I could sum it up for UK travellers looking to book with Thomson I would say the following: don't expect the Hilton but do expect decent amenities including pools and an arcade, decent spacious rooms (though I obviously haven't seen them all they would all appear to be the same) and a clean if not particularly luxurious place to rest and as a base for excursions. We didn't have to pay the $10 a day resort fee because it was either included in the price Thomson gave us or perhaps UK holidaymakers are exempt? Probably the former. Though we did hear two American couples come in and were informed of the resort fee. The reception staff give you the WiFi password, the WiFi is excellent, very strong signal! I have been watching and uploading youtube videos to give you some idea.

• Stayed: August 2014
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear onemanmade: Thank you for being our guest; it was our pleasure! We appreciate your valued feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

For those who are expecting a 5 star hotel then pay 5 star prices. This is a basic hotel but my family found this to be all we needed for us to have a great base in a central location for all the parks.
Maid service was daily and never too accurate.
Breakfast was under £12 for family of four with two kids under 10.
Safe broke and was not replaced.
Beds were comfortable.
Like I said it is not luxury but it's not trying to be anything something it's not.
I found holiday brochure details to be accurate.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Mike E
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Dear Mike E: Thank you for your review and for being our guest! We appreciate your feedback... Please come back again and visit us again real soon! Thank you!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The resort was like a motel from the sixties, and I don't mean it was based on a theme. the accommodation was very dated. Dirty carpets and bugs made for a poor living environment although maid service was daily, I found this to be too early for the average person who may wish to sleep late. Broken telephone and TV remote were both reported but nothing was done, Staff although polite and courteous, could not at certain times exchange my US Dollar travellers Cheque for cash because they could either not access sufficient funds or could not be bothered, nor could anyone direct me to a Bank. The accommodation is very basic and not what I would have expected after reading and seeing pictures before booking. 5 out of 10

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Guest: Thank you for being our guest and providing your valued feedback. We most certainly apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered and we hope you were able to speak with a member of our management team to have your issues resolved to your satisfaction, as we are committed to making it right. We hope you may stay with is again in the future and give us another change. Thank you...

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The people at the front desk are rude. Our first room had bugs and hair in it. Our next room had the same thing. The shower had hair and leaves in it. The shuttle to Disney World only left twice and picked up twice and was always late. It picks up at 5 other cheap motels, so you are packed onto a bus. The pool stayed open until 11 so there were loud teenagers screaming all night. The walls are paper thin, so don't expect any sleep. There are no adjoining rooms available, even when you book one. They will simply tell you "that is a request, not a guarantee."

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mrsjohnson406
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear mrsjohnson406: We would like to extend our utmost apologies for any troubles you may have encountered. We want guests to know we have management on duty 24 hours/day that can and will assist guests with any issues that may arise and we are dedicated to making it right. We hope you were able to speak with a member of our management team and we were able to resolve to your satisfaction. We hope you may give us another chance and stay with us again in the future. Thank you...

Reviewed August 7, 2014

The only thing good about this "resort" is the location. It's pretty close to all the main attractions and restaurants. The first thing that turned me off - it took me driving up and down the highway twice to find the place and when I finally did, I still wasn't sure until I asked someone I saw passing by. For check in, I was surprised there was only one person at the desk to assist guest. When you're done with check, they immediately direct you to someone that will offer you discount Disney tickets, but of course it a timeshare salesman. Now for the room - the ice bucket was beyond filthy, the sheets barely look clean, the towels are old, the bathroom needs a proper cleaning, the iron doesn't work, the toilet doesn't flush properly, and to top if off the ceiling in the bathroom obviously has some water damage - the paint is peeling and looks recent. What else can I say about this "resort", hmmmm? Will never stay here, won't recommend anyone to stay here, and as a matter of fact I'm gonna make sure my friends and family traveling to Disney don't even think about staying here when they're ready to book.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank dpluvme
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear dpluvme: We must express our utmost apologies for any troubles you may have encountered, as this is unusual. We strive to meet and exceed guest expectations and it troubles us if we may have fallen short to your satisfaction. We certainly hope you were able to speak with a member of our customer-service oriented management team, as we are committed to resolving any issues that may arise and we will make it right.

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We booked this resort with Thomson holidays so did not question the review they supply on their website. The hotel is run down including the rooms and poolside facilities. You wardrobe is a rail hanging in your bathroom. Our main concern was the security in the resort we were located at the back of the resort facing onto a car park and as far as we could see there us no security cameras. Also nearby drive throughs have access to the car parks with no security questioning entry to the resort in fact anyone could walk or drive into the resort. The only good thing I could say about the hotel is that you did get clean towels each day. Thomson did point out that it was a budget holiday as we had received a on line discount thank goodness as I would be even more disappointed. I understand that this is the general layout of 'Motels' in the USA and this may be ok as a drop in accommodation but not for a family holiday especially this hotel. We left this hotel and booked into a villa which made our holiday alot more expensive than planned.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Emily M

Dear Emily M: Thank you for taking time to review your stay. We would like to express our sincere apologies for any dissatisfaction you had with our resort. We want to assure we are a secure property with overnight security every night of the week. We are a family-friendly economical hotel that offers many amenities for the price. We will certainly look into your comments and address accordingly. We do hope you may stay with us again in the future and give us a second chance.