Maingate Lakeside Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)
2,652 results
All reviewspizza hutbreakfast buffetdisney parksmini golfred lobsterkids eat freegolden corralbusch gardenscoffee machineanimal kingdomshuttle bustwo double bedsfresh towelsminute drivewalgreenspoolsorlando
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2014

MLR delivered all that was promised and then some. We had a family emergency and Ron the night manager came to our "rescue" immediately.

He knew exactly what to do and while our family member was in pain and scared he made her smile and put all of us at ease.

I would stay again in a heartbeat and I will recommend it to all everyone I know.

We are already planning our next trip.

The girls and the front desk were great too

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear kikiluv214: Thank you so much for being our guest; it was our pleasure! We are happy you received exceptional service from our Night Manager and we appreciate your comments. Please come back again real soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This place was horrible, smell of urine. It is bad when your kids tell you before you get un-packed. The reception up front moved us to another room that was a little better. I asked the guy can we get a refund and of course it was no. We booked for three nights. I had to call Expedia to cancel our stay. Expedia gave us a $25 dollar credit for this horrible experience. Instead of us going to the parks that morning, we spent hours trying to find a hotel, which we did, Best western premiere Villas. Wow, what a BIG difference. I will spend the money next time to keep my family from having to deal with this horrible experience again.

Room Tip: Stay away, run, don't waste your time or money.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ty E

Dear Ty E: We certainly apologize for any troubles you may have encountered. This is highly unusual as we routinely shampoo carpets and clean rooms daily. We certainly hope the situation was rectified to your satisfaction and invite you to contact the hotel and speak with myself, the Director of Operations, if you wish to discuss your experience as we are committed to customer satisfaction and making it right. Thank you for your valued feedback, and once again our sincere apologies.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I have read the reviews and 70% are not too good. We vacationed to go to Disney for our anniversary and decided we would rather spend our money at the parks, eating good, ect. We got an excellent price on our 3 night stay (around 50 a night) and you get what you pay for. That meaning, I do not think people should expect a 5 star hotel for $50. After reading the reviews, I was nervous staying here. My expectations were very low and it has been just fine. Staff is pleasant, it's 10 minutes from Disney, it's cheap, everything works, and the beds are actually kind of comfortable. I do not think the reviews need to be so harsh. Maybe I got lucky for 3 quiet nights on a weekend summer?.. The only thing that was aggrivated was the guy in the lobby who sells cheap disney tickets for half the price (you have to sit through a "2 hour" meeting), actually took 3 1/2 hours. I won't complain too harsh, bc I save $100!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jessylue

Dear jessylue: Thank you for staying with us and for your valued feedback. We want you to know we take your comments seriously and always are looking for ways to better our guest experience. We are happy you were pleased overall and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We checked in late thurs eve. I have to admit after reading some of the reviews we were going to cancel, and then we thought lets give them a chance. The first eve the ac was not quite up to par, which gave the room a musty odor so after speaking with front desk the next day (Nicholas) someone came to the room immediately both from housekeeping and maintanance and freshened the room and fixed the ac problem!! We also called late int he eve to request xtra blankst and pillows and again someone arrived right away! The staff in the restaurant was also great! Not only did we stay we will be back!! ( it is an older hotel, however they keep it clean, and you def cannot beat the rate)!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chriscos33409

Dear chriscos33409: Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review and valued feedback! We are pleased to see your requests were taken care of swiftly and you were pleased with our exceptional staff! Please come back again soon!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was not to bad a hotel, I had done my research and got a room in the pelican block (534), which is away from the main front area and has a larger ( and quieter) pool. Room was tidy, perhaps could have done with the paintwork getting a wash down, beds were queensize, but clean. bathroom and sink are great. Coffee maker was a one cup at a time effort, but 8 dollars at walmart sorted that out.Having a fridge was a big plus.
We had one roach to greet us, but after that none at all, which for Florida is good going.
AC was a bit noisy, but didn't affect our sleeping. Parts of the resort are a bit run down, some room blocks are not in use.
The on site Pizza Hut was handy, as was the Walgreens.
We used the shuttle bus a couple of time and had no problems with it.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
All in all a better than average hotel in that price range, I would recommend it.

Room Tip: The Pelican Block, ground floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Twistedk: Thank you for staying with us and for your review! We are happy to see you had a nice time with us and hope to see you again real soon!