“Motel”

Maingate Lakeside Resort
Ranked #96 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We booked this hotel through Hotwire so we really got a good deal but honestly I don't think it should be called a "hotel" or even less a "resort", it's more like a motel. They charge a 10$ service fee per day. There is no service. The room was filthy and there was black mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. The shower head and the toilet bowl looked like it hasn't been cleaned in months, it was disgusting.

They say you can buy Disney World and Universal Studios tickets at this other counter in the lobby but the truth is that those people are going to try to convince you to go to this 2 hour "lecture" on timeshares so you can get cheaper Disney tickets. It's really shady. The real "Disney people" come in the morning at that's when you should buy the tickets. Those are legit.

The location is good though, it's close to the parks, outlets malls and restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Kim H: Thank you for being our guest! We sincerely apologize for any misundertandings you may have encountered. We do charge a nightly resort fee for the hotel's amenities such as: theme park shuttles, WiFi, kids breakfast program, mini-golf, and much more (as stated on your reservation prior to arrival). The hotel does have a ticket desk in the lobby (provided by an outside operator) whom sells tickets for full-price as well as offers special prices/promotions for timeshare tours - this way the guest has the option on what they would like to do. We do hope you may stay with us again and once again apologize for any inconvenience.

There are newer reviews for Maingate Lakeside Resort

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Rooms at the Maingate Lakeside Resort are clean, and even with the $10 resort fee there is good value at this hotel for budget conscious travelers and families. WiFi was great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank P_D_52014
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear P_D_52014: Thank you for being our guest; it was our pleasure! We appreciate your review and the 4 stars! We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Arrived here after booking last minute & paid before we arrived. When we arrived at the "resort" we were greeted by the most rude & unhelpful check in staff I have ever met. We were told we would have to pay another $10 per day resort fee although our confirmation stated we had nothing to pay to the hotel. We were forced to pay this or they would not check us in. After speaking with the manager he would not refund this.
Our room was basic with uncomfortable beds, noisy air con, no hangers to hang clothes up, hug gap under the door, cigarette burn marks on the furniture & the ceiling in the bathroom coming down.
As for this being a resort... It is not. A tiny pool, worn out sun beds.
I would advise people to avoid this hotel & choose one of the other much better hotels in Orlando.

• Stayed: February 2014
Management response:Responded February 18, 2014

Dear Trudy W: Thank you for being our guest and for your taking time to give us your feedback. We take your comments seriously and sincerely apologize for any troubles or misunderstanding with fees. We expect a high level of customer service from our associates and apologize if you were less than satisfied with the service received. We will share your comments with the staff. Please accept our apology for any misunderstanding and we do hope you may stay with us again in the future for a second chance. Thank you.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Booked and paid for hotel on last minute.com and when we arrived we were extorted for more money before being given our room key. The attitude of the staff on the front desk was appaling and wouldn't resolve our issue.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank matty910

Dear matty910: We thank you for staying with us and express our sincere apologies for any misunderstanding with our resort fee. The hotel does charge a nightly resort fee that is collected upon check in as stated on your reservation. This fee is for the hotel's many amenities, such as: theme park shuttles, WiFi, kids breakfast program, mini-golf, and much more. We do hope you may stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I found bugs in my room, go back down to get a new room. I check around but didn't notice the bugs in this room until nighttime after a day at the park. I made the guy who brought a new room key to me come in & see the bugs. He also spotted stains on my sheets and since this was going to be the first night I was sleeping there, they were not from me! The 3rd room was bug free but I got no sleep worrying about the bugs I saw in the first 2 rooms. While inspecting the room I discovered the outlet behind the bed had no plate and was a fire hazord. No hairdryer in the room so i had to get one installed. Sink drained very slowly. A raccoon was blocking the path to the stairs to my room one night. They did waive the resort fee. woopee.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Andrea A: We would like to extend our sincere apologies for any troubles you may have encountered during your stay with us. We take your comments seriously and value your feedback. If your stay issues were not resolved to your satisfaction, please contact the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may make this right and discuss your stay with you. Thank you.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Was looking forward to staying here as we originally book a different hotle.but as this was our honeymoon we wanted some luxury. HA
We arrived fairly late so ate and went to bed as it had been a long day and we had early park tickets. On getting up at 5.30 I made the bed only to find where my head was there was also a dirty paid of laides underwearNOT MINE. I marched them down to reception and asked for somone to come see to the room. When I got back I stripped the bedding and noticed between the bed and the wall was old tissues mouldy food sweets and other general rubbish. A night security guard came and we showed him the problems he dropped of the linnen(I think I was expected to put it on the bed myself) took some photoes and went away. We went to the park to enjoy our day safe in the knowlage that somthing would be done. We got back to the hotle to find the bed had been made but nothing had been cleaned. Furious at this point I went back to reception to speak to the management. He apologised and said he wasnt told of our problems but there was nothing that could be done that night. We went the next day to our virgin rep who was very unhelpful.
On going back to the hotle the manager sort us out to let us know the room had been cleaned and he would check everyday to make sure it was up to standerds.
On returning to the uk I put in a complaint to virgin and they were told by the hotel that we were given a room upgrade and compensation. This never happened and although I have tryed to email the hotel myself I have had no reply. Do not stay here. There customer service is crap and they obously dont care about repete custom.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jasontoon1
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear jasontoon1: We would like to sincerely apologize for any troubles that you may have encountered as this is highly unusual. We would like to have a chance to discuss your stay with you. We are committed to guest satisfaction. Please contact the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may personally speak with you regarding your stay. Thank you.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

It's ok for the price, there was mold in the shower and you could hear everything going on in the rooms next to you. Blankets smelled a bit. And the resort fee is ridiculous, an extra $10 for the room for amenities we didn't even use. For another $20 I could have stayed inside Disney in a much nicer and relaxing place.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lenore B
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Lenore B: Thank you for being our guest! We would like to extend our sincere apologies for any troubles you may have encountered as that is not a typical guest experience. We value your feedback and take it seriously. We do hope any troubles were attended to by our staff promptly and resolved to your satisfaction as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. Thank you and we hope you may give us another chance in the future!